TORT: The ONSC Rant Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3BF6F22C-3561-4F05-BF6A-83C97DE4E05F.png

I started getting this pop up from time to time while viewing mud on my iPhone. It’s happening more frequently now and now it’s occuring on other sites and our iPad.

I feel like I’ve never clicked on something that would infect my devices but here I am. Can anyone help diagnose and fix my problem?

Click OK. Get your $1000. Buy a new phone?

I get that one too from time to time and I'm pretty cautious about where I go and what I download. Facebook and Facebook Messenger seem to be the origin of all kinds of garbage like this. Probably nothing you did. I just ignore and go on. Not sure what the real fix is.

I get random phishing texts too...from selling stuff on Craigslist. I make it a point not to open any links and I just delete them.

Click OK. Get your $1000. Buy a new phone?

I get that one too from time to time and I'm pretty cautious about where I go and what I download. Facebook and Facebook Messenger seem to be the origin of all kinds of garbage like this. Probably nothing you did. I just ignore and go on. Not sure what the real fix is.

I get random phishing texts too...from selling stuff on Craigslist. I make it a point not to open any links and I just delete them.

@FJinTegaCay roadster6 is right. Probably came from Facebook. I don’t have Facebook but occasionally I use my wife’s account to get on marketplace and that happens to my phone when I’m on there or shortly after several times.

Last edited:
ok...stupid rant, whats up with these microfiber dishtowels.....absolutely non absorbent , just spread the spill for miles across the countertop, then back toward the sink.....

RE: the pop up ad.
I got that once yesterday on my phone, which does not have Facebook. If FB is just hiding on it somewhere, doesn't matter as I've never used it on any device except my laptop.

My Silver Star had just expired the day before so I assumed that everybody without one gets that crap. $20 to MUD = no more popups.

View attachment 1644247

I started getting this pop up from time to time while viewing mud on my iPhone. It’s happening more frequently now and now it’s occuring on other sites and our iPad.

I feel like I’ve never clicked on something that would infect my devices but here I am. Can anyone help diagnose and fix my problem?

Step 1. Turn off iPhone
Step 2. Throw away iPhone
Step 3. Buy any android phone
Step 4. Rejoice in your lack of ads.

Step 5: get used to sideways double posted pics and green text .... amirite @FJ60Cam ?

Ive had that pop up but was for free iPhone and dont have facebook.
Then again my neighbor sends me links from his wife's account lol

Step 5: get used to sideways double posted pics and green text .... amirite @FJ60Cam ?

:hillbilly:

Not the green text! Don't do it! :lol:

That is too funny.
I taught the yahoos at O'reily's that the tiles on their floor are 1'.
That was you?! Now if you could teach them that fuel line and heater hose are not the same thing.

Dude I can't use Mud on my phone now. Within about 30 seconds on any Mud page - it's "you win a free Iphone" and I can't get out of it and have to close out Mud. Happens on nothing else.... Both on Safari and Chrome.

What @JohnVee said about the silver star. Haven't seen it since I got mine.

So I am getting older and worry about things like cancer. Worried about colon cancer I saw this thing on TV about sampling your stool for your DNA. I don't really know how it works but I sent the stool anyway

shopping

Well, today is the 2018 Hunger Games, Corporate Edition at my employer. Our organization is supposed to offer up 7% of its staff as tributes to the greater good. We had an opportunity for volunteers, and there may be voluntolds as well. I guess in an ideal world, the list of volunteers would match the voluntolds. Been told that I'm safe from many sources, but its never nice to be the little ant roamin around, and seeing the bright glare of the magnifying lens igniting a seemingly random path of fire and destruction.

1 on 1 meetings with the boss between 12 and 1, and then an organizational meeting at 130.

May the odds always be in your favor...

80 Series windshield replacement is a nightmare! For the unadulterated, the 80 series requires a new seal every time the windshield is replaced. The new seal is supposed to be glued onto the glass and the glass and seal offered up as a unit and glued into the vehicle. My 80 had an old replacement glass in it when I bought it. Glass was fine but it was obvious that the seal was not replaced. The glass was wiggling around in the seal and it squeaked over every bump.

I called a local guy to come out and re-seal the glass. He pulled back the rubber seal on the exterior and ran a bead of urethane under it. $150 spent and glass continued to squeak.

I bought a new windshield seal from Toyota $80. Took me weeks to get one. Once I did, I made several calls to shops around Charlotte, looking to find a company that would remove the windshield, install the new seal and re-use the old windshield. Auto Glass Now on South Blvd said they would try. I made an appointment. Things were looking good.

On the day of my appointment, I was prepared. I had a brand new seal and copied the three or four pages from the FSM that explained the install procedure. I spoke with them in great detail about the common issues of the glass in these trucks and made them promise to glue the glass into the seal and then the seal into the body. They said they would but that that's not how they normally do it. They talked me into ordering a new glass to have on hand in the event that they broke the old glass getting it out. Like a dumbass, I agreed. The glass was $150. I let them do the job. They broke the old glass (surprise) and a new glass was installed with the new seal. Everything looked fine when I picked up the truck. Glass didn't squeak so I assumed I was good.

About a week later the squeak came back and I noticed that when it rained, water was getting under the seal. I could push on the seal from the inside and wet my finger with it. Not dripping, but not dry either. I poked around at the seal and determined that the glass had been installed dry. No urethane was used at all between the rubber and the glass. None. Even after Auto Glass Now told me they would and assured me they did on the day I picked up the truck. Liars!

I made an appointment to have the glass re-sealed under warranty. I took it back to the shop and asked them to fix it. They pulled the glass, ran a bead of urethane in the seal and re-installed the glass. No more squeaks! Later that day it rained. I noticed a leak at the passenger side lower corner of the windshield. Crap!

Today I took the truck back to Auto Glass Now to have more urethane forced in between the glass and the seal. We will see what happens next time it rains. I'm crossing my fingers and saying prayers at this point. I'm really tired of dealing with this issue.

What really chaps me about this is that I supplied a new seal and they ruined it by not installing it the way they were supposed to. If I have to do anything else to this windshield, it's going to need another $80 Toyota seal. I can't leave it to them to replace it under warranty because I know that they will use some aftermarket garbage.

DON'T EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO AUTO GLASS NOW IN CHARLOTTE! FIND SOMEBODY ELSE. THEY ARE DISHONEST AND DO HALF-ASSED WORK. DON'T. JUST DON'T.

Last edited:
Part out...I call dibs on the locked axles, wiring, magic dial, and shortbus...and the interior if it cleaned up nicely ;)

Sorry to hear youre having such a time with the glass. Mine had come with a new piece of glass, and I havent noticed any wetness on mine.

Well, i survived the Hunger Games for Q1 2018. One of our team did not. We have an organizational meeting at 3pm to discuss what happens going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom