Builds The Warthog - 1977/73 combo (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

11475EEC-755B-4E33-8119-CBCC26D2AE1A.jpeg

OEM goodness shipping today via @beno

1C4D0B8C-5AEC-4B00-892B-C022EC45CE3F.jpeg

F9BA028C-DC68-4B8B-8212-27E425D8BBB9.jpeg

Loaded the donor 2F into my M416 for the trip to Mosley Motors

7A5C6BA0-A5D2-446D-8258-EF99813B5453.jpeg

Changed out the radiator cap and all seems good. No fluid pumping out. Ran great. This 2F will be a good one for the next project when I pull it

Products

@scrapdaddy I want to sound deaden the Warthog some more when I pull the drivetrain. I’m looking at the Lizard Skin like you used.

Disclaimer. I’m not going to have a clean slate. I want to treat under the truck where able. Spray over my crappy body work.

The main place I want to do it is under the hood when I remove it. I think that will help a lot of the tin can thats left in the pig.

Inside I’m good. This would be around the engine bay and under the floors.

Do I want Heat or Sound or both? As expensive as it is, I’d rather do one or another.

Also, what color is it after it sets up? Black?

And how much do I need to spray the underside of the hood. Under the tranny Hump and floors?

Thanks.

I'd go with the sound dampener if picking just one and it turns a dark gray when dry. As far as amount, it comes in a 2 gal. pail and it doesn't go far. Are you going to spray or roll on, I believe rolling goes somewhat farther? I'm not sure how well it will stick to any oily, dirty areas either. If you find it local then just one pail at a time, but I'd do two coats. Look at speed and custom shops, etc. they will have it.

I agree, I'd go with the sound deadening if I was only using one. On the current 60 project I used sound deadening on the under side of the body, wheel wells, fire wall, floor and roof. Considering the hood. I used heat shield on the roof as well. I spray it on.

Makes sure that the area you are applying it to is clean. I prime the area first. I also spray a gloss top coat of paint. The Lizard Skin dries flat and does not shed dirt well.

My 60 is almost silent with the Noico plus the new @dnp carpet kit. I know the oem hood pad and factory headliner play well into the mix.

I’ve already done the interior of the Pig with Noico and have good rubber mats.

I know I’ll have some down time during my engine swap so I’m planning on plugging more firewall holes and adding a layer of this stuff where I can. UnderHood just seams like a good place for sure. I’ll have to see how clean I can get my underside to see if it’s worth doing.

Having never felt it, is it thicker than Bedliner?

As pictured above, Nolen dropped off the new heart yesterday. A few hours after he left, Santa in the Brown Sleigh dropped off a few parts for the upcoming girth enhancement surgery...

CB9024AA-74FE-453D-ADA5-99893CBAF0BB.jpeg

I have not driven the Warthog in 2 weeks. This morning on the way to my shop I passed and the radio was playing. I stepped in and it fired right up and we went for a drive. Odd to say the least but I guess it was a sign telling me it was time to ride

B63A4B3D-4847-43F6-AF5B-138F3C15F597.jpeg

E4A4B051-FD69-4AE5-BA21-98652FBEEB83.jpeg

I ordered a few parts today for the swap.

I’m trying to pace myself but I want it all now ....

I picked up a reman Toyota gear reduction starter from a friend.

Got a new thermostat housing via City Racer

I moved them all around today. Have not had a relic group shot in a while

2F614CEB-4AA7-47A3-B1D0-AD18ADD1A32B.jpeg

I have not driven the Warthog in 2 weeks. This morning on the way to my shop I passed and the radio was playing. I stepped in and it fired right up and we went for a drive. Odd to say the least but I guess it was a sign telling me it was time to ride

View attachment 1850130

View attachment 1850131

The radio was just playing by itself?

It has been a while (years) since I read Christine, but isn't that how she operated?

The radio was just playing by itself?

It has been a while (years) since I read Christine, but isn't that how she operated?

Yeah. But we are used to dealing with FJ55s so we all know they are haunted.

Grabbed another box of Noico for the roof. Still holding out on a headliner so I need something up there to knock down the noise. It’s much harder putting this stuff above your head on than on the floors and if I don’t cover it I have to do a decent job so it does not drive me crazy (like the crap job I did on my 40 headliner)

1E812C15-AB8E-4504-98DD-E51F391066BB.jpeg

F44D2C12-7CCD-412A-9E98-9969B648FDF2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom