The "Nowhere Else to Put This Insane Crap" thread NEPTIC (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very masonic.... And where did those MPH stickers come from? Did you add them?
Yes, I added them thinking it would be helpful for stateside driving; it is more or less. No need to go higher than 75 with this beast, the 4.88s won't allow it, lol.

So happy to find out I'm not the only one geeking out on odometer numbers. I hit 300003 and 303303 earlier this year. Gonna take about 3 years for me to hit 333333.
it only happens once right?!?

Just before I went out to cut the grass, I saw on the news that a 13 year old had been arrested by the DC cops for multiple armed car jackings. Disturbing! So, while I was cutting the grass, the techno-nerd-geek that lurks inside of me came up with an idea.

Install a hidden on-off-momentary on switch (on-off-(on))* under the dashboard somewhere accessible and wire it into the starter motor circuit. Normally the switch would be in the "off" position. To start the engine, reach under the dash and push the switch into the "momentary on" position while turning the ignition key to crank the engine. Once the engine starts, let go of the switch. It will go back to the "off" position. When you let the valet at the country club park your truck, flip the switch to the "on" position so it can be started with just the key. The valet will never know the switch is there. Just remember to turn the switch off when you leave the country club.

Now, when you get carjacked at the gas station, throw the keys and run. When the car jacker gets the keys and tries to start the truck it won't crank because the hidden switch is in the "off" position. At this point the carjacker is going to be really mad because the truck won't start, so keep on running.

An alternative to the on-off-(on) switch is a simple on-off switch and a push button. The button can be optional, you just have to remember to turn the switch off after you start the engine.

* The (on) in parenthesis means that it is a spring loaded momentary switch that completes the circuit only while the toggle is being pushed. Once released, it goes back to the "off" position. The "on" stays in the on position.

Now, legal terms and conditions: If you patent this and make a gazillion dollars, you have to take me for a ride on your yacht. :)

CAR JACK SWITCH.jpg

I need to do this with my 80. I think the key is using a factory switch in a switch blank so only a keen eye would notice the additional switch.

I missed out on catching it.. based on how long ago it happened it was somewhere in WV

PXL_20220424_142534853.jpg

Looking for an at least 16" long piece of double 4" aluminum siding, preferably wood grained and tan (but color is not a deal breaker, I can paint it). I know that there are some contractor or contractor-adjacent folks on here...anyone have an extra piece of alum siding they can part with? IDK why, but the previous owner of my home had removed a small section (12") from the third course up on a random wall. I have no F'ing idea why it's missing, but it is. Supply stores only sell alum siding by the case which is going to be way too much money. Fingers crossed.

Looking for an at least 16" long piece of double 4" aluminum siding, preferably wood grained and tan (but color is not a deal breaker, I can paint it). I know that there are some contractor or contractor-adjacent folks on here...anyone have an extra piece of alum siding they can part with? IDK why, but the previous owner of my home had removed a small section (12") from the third course up on a random wall. I have no F'ing idea why it's missing, but it is. Supply stores only sell alum siding by the case which is going to be way too much money. Fingers crossed.
Check Restore. They have all kinds of stuff leftover from job sites.

What do you all think of the underside of this LS430? Its a one owner all dealer serviced car thats been in long island since new. I would call this minor surface rust and nothing that concerns me

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

What do you all think of the underside of this LS430? Its a one owner all dealer serviced car thats been in long island since new. I would call this minor surface rust and nothing that concerns me

View attachment 3001015

View attachment 3001016

View attachment 3001017

View attachment 3001018

Looks good to me. I LOVED my LS... only sold it when I moved back to Japan for a bit. Drove great and the traction control saved my life once when it started hydroplaning @85mph in between semi-trucks in a rain storm driving from Seattle to Portland. Great car. Only issue I had was the dash display started going black because some moisture got into the circuitboard and I had to solder in a new resistor. Other than that rock solid.

Miss it more and more lately... Here she is:

1651769601282.png

I would focus on looking for any signs of rust behind the lower body cladding.

My 1st Gen has been a pleasure to drive and I expect it to become a long term keeper.

91lexus.jpg

Right! 👆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom