Successfully Moved Navigation Screen To Make Room Pioneer AVIC-8200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

In a nut shell one needs to extract wires from the headunit/mfd side of the wire harness and insert them into to replacement connectors to match the push button HVAC controller. The big cost is the parts for the new HVAC amplifier and PCB plus the fiddley parts.

I have a manual hvac control assembly. What else do I need?

A lot of patience and Electronic Wire Diagram.

If its the right HVAC assembly you need the service parts for the matching connectors (can get from toyota). You'll need extraction tools to remove each wire from the existing connectors.

If your HVAC assembly doesn't have a bezel for the dash you'll need that as well.

A lot of patience and Electronic Wire Diagram.

If its the right HVAC assembly you need the service parts for the matching connectors (can get from toyota). You'll need extraction tools to remove each wire from the existing connectors.

If your HVAC assembly doesn't have a bezel for the dash you'll need that as well.

I have Alldata and I can do the work. I gave my password to the guy on here that did the conversion but then he disappeared. I am just trying to save my self hours of figuring out the wiring.

hey, i was just shopping for sound deadening material and was looking at that noico stuff but have never heard of it before, got any feedback or specs on the product you went with, dynamat is too rich for my blood so i was looking at fatmat and various others, the noico stuff was by far the cheapest i could find (on amazon,lol) and would really like to go that route if you and your audio guy have good things to say about it.
also do you know which noico stuff that is? i.e. thickness and the rest? i know jack squat about alot of this audio stuff...so the more info the better.

pretty cool install/mod you have going on here, always impressed with the extensive sort of work i see go into projects on this forum.

I never heard of the noico product as well, I guess is good enough that a shop is using them. I know it's easier to install than dynomat and I don't have any rattles. I have no complains and I'm sorry I don't know any product details.

Massive ''out of BOX'' problem solving very smart of you or whoever came with such a clever implementation..

I be flowwing this with terested

Thank you for your kind words.....

keep us posted, please - what you might do different, what really rocks...etc...congrats on an amazing build, and big shout out for sharing it on mud thread.

Nice work.

There are rare 03-06 land cruisers with no nav. These have climate controls below. See following link. Might take some homework but the oem landcruiser non nav climate controls may work for you.

Replacing Your Audio System: Overview

non-nav-USA-center-stack.jpg
I don't think this option is available in USA. There are intensive discussion of these type of swap here:

Pre 03 Factory NAV to Double Din, Climate Knobs Conversion?

I know of one of these Unicorns with this same HU, sitting in Colorado. Possibly will available for sale.

that custom sub enclosure is sick!!!

Decided to do a navigation delete. Here is the results. I have the old screen with mounting hardware and all wires needed to move for sale if anybody is interested.

IMG_4842.JPG

IMG_4859.JPG

Last edited:
Woah! how long did it take you to source all the "unicorn" parts?

It did not take that long maybe a month if that. I initially started with Lexus parts but ended up with Lancruiser parts because one Lexus part was discontinued. JerryB had a very comprehensive list of parts for Lexus and Lancruiser parts as well as a very detailed instructions. Could not have done it without him. Thanks again Jerry.

Amazing. Were you able to order the Toyota parts directly from the dealer? If not, best sources?

Amazing. Were you able to order the Toyota parts directly from the dealer? If not, best sources?

Mostly parts were ordered from Logo Lexus and McGeorge. Megazip and Amayama were also a good source. I liked Logo alot because I was able to pretty much return any extra parts even after a month, the drawback was they were a little more expensive than the non dealer sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom