Stlca chit-chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replied to the ad already, LOL

Not really sure what they are looking to do, but we will see!

Thanks @jynx!

Picked this little guy up for a steal over the weekend. It’s going to be small but my plan is to use it as a single person sleeping area and a place to store my camping gear.
First plan is to get a toyota width axle under it with 6 lug hubs, stretch the frame and tongue and then start figuring out a plan for the rest of it.
FF1EFD67-F0F3-4F9B-A143-B06E03486659.jpeg
578C28DB-2643-40A3-923F-23F691FDCCBA.jpeg
A06D7045-569E-4122-A6A0-5017F7467628.jpeg

Reckon I should say Hi - is this the place where I declare official membership in this organization? Are there forms to fill out? I was told to be a member I need to mail Hugh Heiffer my $50 monthly dues payment...just need the address.

I live in Ooltewah and drive a BJ73 with a 3B. My daughter lives in Knoxville and has an FJ80. She's often up in the Cove on caving trips - I haven't had a Cruiser for several years since I sold my 60. I got this little beauty just this past week and will be building it up over the next few months.

Do you have meetings in Chattanooga? The Chattanooga meeting thread has been dead since February.

Reckon I should say Hi - is this the place where I declare official membership in this organization? Are there forms to fill out? I was told to be a member I need to mail Hugh Heiffer my $50 monthly dues payment...just need the address.

I live in Ooltewah and drive a BJ73 with a 3B. My daughter lives in Knoxville and has an FJ80. She's often up in the Cove on caving trips - I haven't had a Cruiser for several years since I sold my 60. I got this little beauty just this past week and will be building it up over the next few months.

Do you have meetings in Chattanooga? The Chattanooga meeting thread has been dead since February.

We are working on getting a more scheduled meeting time and dates set up, feel free to join us for our annual meeting at Windrock park in October.

Love the avatar, forum name and 70! Welcome

No nothing like that although that would have been cool

Just a family that go the extra mile every year on their Xmas card. This year it was a Safari/Indiana Jones theme. Was pretty cool actually, they had magnetic arrows that were shot into Lucille, boxes of treasure setup, ropes, costumes the whole deal!
I'll post a finished pic once they are done with the editing ... with their permission of course

TN Jed to join the club you can go to STLCA.org and join online, it's cheaper than paying Hugh H.
I learned to be a scammer in Asia. Lol

I would be interested to find out who told him that......could be highly profitable!

I am guarding a makeshift hospital in Manati Puerto Rico at the moment

guarding from looters I presume? how long you gonna be out there? You need anything?

national media making it sound like near total devastation, True, Not True? One of our members is an executive with Costco and he said they have 4 stores with near total inventory and near 100% functionality so can't reconcile both.

There is a ton of damage. The poor areas with shanties or stick built homes north of the mountains are all pretty trashed. The south side was far more protected.
Power is out and I would wager it will be a year before all the power is restored. Lines are down everywhere and we have seen very few power company workers doing anything.
But- things are back to normal. People are going to work and point of sale and a lot of cell service is back up. We can gauge normality by the length of lines for gas and atms.
The Fxxxed up s*** is that the trucking union is attempting to hold the island hostage by not delivering commodities; trying to hold out for federal money. Also, there was a political decision to leave the damage visible in San Juan because that is mostly what people get to see on TV.
My opinion is that a lot of the relief efforts from the Feds are total BS and we are interfering with some of their municipal resources. We sit around a lot.
We are offering some free services that are taking away from the community. A doctor in one town was pissed because there are US Med teams set up in various municipalities offering free services so people are coming here rather than seeing their providers.
The security details are to ensure safety of the med staff and Narcotics at those locations but mostly unnecessary. There are local police sitting here with me. We also drive some med staff into impoverished areas for some outreach.

There has been very little looting. Crime seems lower than when I lived here. Police appear more effective too but the department is now being run by retired Federal agents so they are really improving the state Police.

There are needs but as usual, the USG thinks they know better what they are than the people who are asking for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom