SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (2 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome Casey, Ryder feels a lot better. So excited about getting my boy interested in Toyota Landcruisers and adventure. He’ll be 9 in May.
Cool! My son will be thrilled to play with him and my son is 10.
I’m going to make a 2 week trip out of this again this year.

Some Utah stuff before or after SAS depending on when school starts back up back home. Maybe loop up and over CO to cruise through Wyoming on the way over and drop into utah from the top. Hit the museum.

If anyone wants to hit Moab and/or the museum (or anything else really) before SAS let me know. I'll likely be around!
I was just talking with the wife about going to the LC Museum first then looping back to Ouray. It’s closed on the weekend though, right?

Thinking of taking this route to Heritage Museum and then heading to Ouray. Where is a must stop off that route?
1B480465-40C8-4A8A-B640-9B0077C13050.png

Last edited:
You'll drive right past Arches NP. Definitely worth a stop, especially if you'll be going through in morning or sunset hours.

We just realized we have to make this another separate trip so we can really enjoy it. We are thinking maybe in April as a shake down run before Ouray in August.

The Heritage Museum is a must see. We spent a solid 3 hours in there just reading and poking around the vehicles, but if you can visit and catch the staff for some info then you could easily eat up a day - likely more, depending on what stage of Cruiser-itis you have. There's just SO MUCH info there. I gave up trying to soak it all in and plan on going back.

The US as a whole is a beautiful piece of turf...and that's aside from the hundreds of parks, monuments, rec areas, and forests that have been set aside. No way to see it all in a lifetime. Road trips give you a fighting chance for making a dent in what we each want to see. The West happens to put a bunch of jewels in a dense area. Lucky buggers, the lot of you, that live out there. I'd move, but alas, I'd miss being able to be at the Gulf in a few hours.

Thinking of taking this route to Heritage Museum and then heading to Ouray. Where is a must stop off that route?View attachment 2201206
How about this route?

Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve, Chaco Culture National Historical Park, Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness Area - all along or near to the route.

1580827728510.png

1580827783546.png

1580827874516.png

1580827300960.png

I spoke with Kurt @cruiseroutfit for SAS2. He gave me the impression that tours have been arranged for people outside of the regular hours if planned out in advance. I’m not sure if this would be the case but would be worth the ask in order to get a chance to check it out.

How about this route?

Bandelier National Monument, Valles Caldera National Preserve, Chaco Culture National Historical Park, Bisti/De-Na-Zin Wilderness Area - all along or near to the route.

View attachment 2201276

View attachment 2201278

View attachment 2201282

View attachment 2201266
:)Thanks John for all your great info and photo's, I can personally say from experience these are ALL great sacred places to visit!

On the waiting list :cool:
Not sure if the dates will 100% work, but I’m hoping. I grew up hitting this KOA several times over the years off-roading.
Could be a family trip or just be my 11yr old son and me. If I can’t make the list, maybe I can crash the party a day or 2 “unofficially”

Always could use more 70s right?

616A5329-257F-418E-B488-E2B3DEB9FAA7.jpeg

I spoke with Kurt @cruiseroutfit for SAS2. He gave me the impression that tours have been arranged for people outside of the regular hours if planned out in advance. I’m not sure if this would be the case but would be worth the ask in order to get a chance to check it out.

Assuming it works with my schedule, I can definitely arrange a tour after hours, nights, weekends, etc. It's available 24/7 under the right circumstances.

^^^
Danger Will Robinson, danger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom