SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (5 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just checking out the local peaks. Uncompahgre Peak was one I was just looking at. 14,309’. 3.5 miles and almost 3K elevation gain. Beauty
View attachment 2200731
Sweet! let's plan on it. Camping at the trail head would allow for an early start ,which might be the difference in reaching the summit or not. Last year clouds rolled in almost every afternoon.
We have good number of 40s this year Gabe. Will be cool to see all the different upgrades to make them trail and roadworthy. We need to do a 40-45 run this year for sure. I will be happy to trail lead that one. You guys can pick any trail you want.
If the weather cooperates I plan on dropping the windshield some also.
Nice Casey, that will be great fun! I'll step up for leading a few trails also.

I am up for a trip to Yankee Boy Basin and a climb up Mt. Sneffels. Count me in.
Absolutely, will be cool to have another High Dessert Cruiser in the mix, we should talk about a possible convoy up to SAS.

@mesa man
Absolutely I am up for the convoy too. I am considering going up Saturday to camp a couple days before everyone gets there. That could change as ot gets closer.

Last edited:
I could join up and do Yankee Boy the 1st or 2nd. I only live 6 hrs away from Ouray.

I could join up and do Yankee Boy the 1st or 2nd. I only live 6 hrs away from Ouray.
I'll have to see when we are rollin in, the 1st or 2nd, would be cool thou.

Yeah last year I believe it was @Zjohnsonua that I met up with before SAS #3. Him and woman got in from Alabama a few days before. Had a few beers at Soul Craft and took them on a trail. Found an amazing aspen forest.

I hope to do something similar again. That was an equally scenic and fun patch of dirt, but wholly different. I'm game for spending some more time at Soul Craft too. Maybe we can catch Classic Cruisers while they're open this time...

@Zjohnsonua Did you two make it to Buena Vista and hit the hot springs? If not we could do that before and on the 8/3 we can stop at Classic Cruisers since they will be open on Monday. @POTATO LAUNCHER do you know if they will open the weekend before SAS for people to buy parts? I know last year they were waiting for the main convoy to roll in from TX.

FB_IMG_1567870195457.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome Casey, Ryder feels a lot better. So excited about getting my boy interested in Toyota Landcruisers and adventure. He’ll be 9 in May.

Your family will be in good company at SAS. Load your wife and yahoos into the 60 and drive 1500 miles. The memories of this trip will last a lifetime. That is what this gathering is truly about.

Last edited:
@Manitou Decline, nah, we didn't. Time got short on us and we were gassed. There's a lot of stuff between CO Springs and Salida I'd like to check out this year if we can squeeze it in...hot springs, fishing, cruiserhead shop visits, elk scouting...pretty full roster.

We're planning on breaking the drive up to be ready to go when we hit the front range. I'd bargain I had more caffeine than sense in me by that time last year...no bueno.

I’m going to make a 2 week trip out of this again this year.

Some Utah stuff before or after SAS depending on when school starts back up back home. Maybe loop up and over CO to cruise through Wyoming on the way over and drop into utah from the top. Hit the museum.

If anyone wants to hit Moab and/or the museum (or anything else really) before SAS let me know. I'll likely be around!

I’m going to make a 2 week trip out of this again this year.

Some Utah stuff before or after SAS depending on when school starts back up back home. Maybe loop up and over CO to cruise through Wyoming on the way over and drop into utah from the top. Hit the museum.

If anyone wants to hit Moab and/or the museum (or anything else really) before SAS let me know. I'll likely be around!
Definitely want to hit up the Landcruiser museum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom