SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (3 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hooking up with the WA boyz along the way south and the CA boyz in SLC would be perfect to see the Landcruiser museum.
@NookShneer my dad has a vacation house in Irrigon, Oregon. That’s basically where I-82 meets I-84. We could meet up there Friday night to spend the night then hit the road early Saturday. That will shave 3HRs of driving off the trip for me.
11ED7E66-33C0-4DF7-94AF-09B5C1832B64.jpeg

Don't tempt me with a good time....but I might ride my bike instead and cruise to Jackson after.... :)

Updated site list.
I'm not here for a long time, so might as well make it a good time.

Site PD.

I’ll be ground tent camping.

We are site 55.

For those who booked at KOA, can you post your site number and what mud members are with you? Figure I could put a list together with the map so people know who is where.

So far I know @POTATO LAUNCHER is 46 and @CenTXFJ60 is 46A

Great idea on the spares list, @Kleatus. A Sheets file or the like could be very helpful, and I'll be happy to contribute.

IN for 2020. Can't wait to see what this is all about.
Please tell us you are driving Pikachu! I am enjoying the build thread,great rig! We need more 40's this year! 40 RUN!

I’d love to Summit a 14er with some of the group while in Colorado. Mt. Sneffels 14,150’ is close to Ouray.
8E69F9F3-DAE8-400E-A07A-6F7008DE4423.jpeg

I bought this atlas when I first started driving in hopes of going to Colorado. Didn’t know it’d take 18 years... still looks brand new.
DA35C2B6-0C56-402D-9FD4-3D62D925F914.jpeg

Super stoked about exploring an area I’ve never been to.

Last edited:
Please tell us you are driving Pikachu! I am enjoying the build thread,great rig! We need more 40's this year! 40 RUN!
We have good number of 40s this year Gabe. Will be cool to see all the different upgrades to make them trail and roadworthy. We need to do a 40-45 run this year for sure. I will be happy to trail lead that one. You guys can pick any trail you want.
If the weather cooperates I plan on dropping the windshield some also.

We have good number of 40s this year Gabe. Will be cool to see all the different upgrades to make them trail and roadworthy. We need to do a 40-45 run this year for sure. I will be happy to trail lead that one. You guys can pick any trail you want.
If the weather cooperates I plan on dropping the windshield some also.

I’m going to see if I can bring out a 40 this year. Whole bunch of logistics would need to change if I can swing it.

I’d love to Summit a 14er with some of the group while in Colorado. Mt. Sneffels 14,150’ is close to Ouray.
View attachment 2200703
I bought this atlas when I first started driving in hopes of going to Colorado. Didn’t know it’d take 18 years... still looks brand new.
View attachment 2200704
It's a must for me, recharges my soul's battery! Uncumpahgre peak is also on my list. Would love to hike with other Cruiserheads!

Last edited:
View attachment 2200703
View attachment 2200704
Mt. Sneffels is right above Yankee Boy Basin and has some great views from the summit. These are the Blue Lakes off the west face, but you have to come up through this gully to get there :).

Sneffels - 005.jpg

Sneffels - 008.jpg

It's a must for me, recharges my soul,s battery! Uncumpahgre peak is also on my list. Would love to hike with other Cruiserheads!
I was just checking out the local peaks. Uncompahgre Peak was one I was just looking at. 14,309’. 3.5 miles and almost 3K elevation gain. Beauty
78E20A00-437B-4CF6-A9DB-30529055774E.jpeg

Mt. Sneffels is right above Yankee Boy Basin and has some great views from the summit. These are the Blue Lakes off the west face, but you have to come up through this gully to get there :).

View attachment 2200728

View attachment 2200730
Hope there’s a good snowpack. Crampons and an ice axe would be more enjoyable than climbing up jumbold boulders.
This is going to be awesome!!!
030D88FA-7CE4-4D30-8909-94A8E0C281C8.jpeg

I floated the Middle Fork of the Salmon through the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in 2013. Took 2 weeks off and was the best adventure of my life. This trip looks to be comparable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom