Slee Shocks on - initial impressions..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT:
I am running the Slee Reservoirs up front, and King Adjustable Reservoirs in the rear, both ends on Slee Springs. Great ride and no more wallowing suspension. Putting the adjustable Kings on the rear allow me to compensate to a point for varying loads, front stays the same all of the time and Slee has those dialed in pretty well. I would do this again if I was building a second 80 series.

Fox Rear Rsvr.jpg

Fox Rear Shock with Resvr.jpg

Fox Res Rear Shock.jpg

Im not saying the ride was anything but great. Just that there was contact issues with the reservoir in the rear. On the kings the reservoir was bumped out of place by a few inches. Id like to get a set but would also want to avoid this situation.

My reservoirs are detached and mounted remotely. Not getting any interference anywhere.

how flexible is the setup for mounting remotely. When I installed the RadFlos it seemed that the hose to the remote reservoir was restricting were it might allow a remote location. And I honestly don't know much about these kind of shocks so loosening any connections on those hoses seems risky.

A few companies offer a bracket for locating the front reservoir to the top of the spring tower which is great. I'd like to see something similar in which the rear is located to the inner side of the upper spring tower. So what if I need to drill and tap a couple of holes.

My Kings are also remote mounted. I agree though Rick mounting them to the body isn't ideal. With any of them I guarantee you could talk to any of them, King, Radflow, Slee, would use a longer hose if you wanted it.

My Kings are also remote mounted. I agree though Rick mounting them to the body isn't ideal. With any of them I guarantee you could talk to any of them, King, Radflow, Slee, would use a longer hose if you wanted it.

ever since I installed some radflos for a customer 2 years ago I've wanted better shocks for my truck. Not ready to pull the trigger just yet but I'll call make some calls when I'm ready.

Anyone else running the Slee remote resi setup? Kicking these around versus some of the other external res options on the market (MRAs, BP51s, Kings).

@Trusty Rusty I have the Slee’s up front with kings on adjusters in rear. I like the option very much. Oh have 4 inch lift with bumpers and rear storage works well. I have Dobinson front flexi springs and rear slee progressive heavies. Ask away if you have question .

@Trusty Rusty I have the Slee’s up front with kings on adjusters in rear. I like the option very much. Oh have 4 inch lift with bumpers and rear storage works well. I have Dobinson front flexi springs and rear slee progressive heavies. Ask away if you have question .

Thanks for the feedback. Floating back and forth between the Slee remote res vs. Dobs MRA vs. Kings - some good feedback on the BP51's also. Anything will be a nice upgrade over the ole yellers. 🤣

I’ll post back in now that I’ve had the rears for nearly 6 years and fronts for 5. 4” Slee springs, heavies in the rear. Timbren bumps.

I’ve been really happy. No issues, have not serviced them yet. I don’t daily drive my 80 so the time is not a good indicator of miles driven. Plenty of offroad use though.

I did pick up a nitrogen service kit for when I rebuild them myself. If ADS offers and adjustable upgrade kit (clickers) I might install. Not that I’ve felt like I was missing something but all the cool kids think they are needed. Might be worth playing with in the rear.

Anything is going to feel better than the yellows. I’d say the only downside is how stiff they feel in the winter until the oil warms up a little. I live off pavement so my first mile of travel is rougher than most.

Last edited:
I’ll post back in now that I’ve had the rears for nearly 6 years and fronts for 5. 4” Slee springs, heavies in the rear. Timbren bumps.

I’ve been really happy. No issues, have not serviced them yet. I don’t daily drive my 80 so the time is not a good indicator of miles driven. Plenty of offroad use though.

I did pick up a nitrogen service kit for when I rebuild them myself. If ADS offers and adjustable upgrade kit (clickers) I might install. Not that I’ve felt like I was missing something but all the cool kids think they are needed. Might be worth playing with in the rear.

Anything is going to feel better than the yellows. I’d say the only downside is how stiff they feel in the winter until the oil warms up a little. I live off pavement so my first mile of travel is rougher than most.

Thanks for the feedback. Looking at the setup for a ~2.5" lift. How much adjustability do these have (if any)? Or do they valve them for your specific setup when ordered?

Cold weather is no problem here in Houston. 🥴 We can't all live in paradise in Durango @Corbet ! 😁

If ADS offers and adjustable upgrade kit (clickers) I might install...Not that I’ve felt like I was missing something but all the cool kids think they are needed.
who is ADS?

Ah, I see, hasn't been a familiar name to me - searched it up...
ADS Racing Shocks(Tucson AZ) - they offer 3/4/5/7 tube bypass shocks, but no adjusters that I see.
Can anyone school us on what all these # tubes is all about?

ADS did offer an adjuster kit a while back. I need to email them for current availability.
All the extra tubes on the bypass shocks are part of the bypass system allowing more tuning for sections of shock travel.

Clickers. Looking at various images might only be possible in front. In which case meh, front end weight does not change much.
E93C20D3-E682-4700-9B03-B9252B5A626B.jpeg

Last edited:
ADS did offer an adjuster kit a while back. I need to email them for current availability.
All the extra tubes on the bypass shocks are part of the bypass system allowing more tuning for sections of shock travel.

Clickers. Looking at various images might only be possible in front. In which case meh, front end weight does not change much.
View attachment 2993077
@Corbet - I came up with the same after doing a little digging...seems like the clickers are feasible on the front of the 80, but would need to modify the intended mounting points/hardware location for the reservoir....the rears are piggyback style, and I think that causes a bit of problem to accommodate a clicker setup (again, just my understanding).

Maybe I want too much stuff and should just settle without clickers.... The Dobinsons MRA's are very attractive with the overall adjustability - primarily interested in finding the highest quality and most reliable options...adjustability isn't a huge priority if they're set up right to begin with. Just not sure where the ADS measure up with the Dobs and others (also not sure if Dobs are made in AUS or China).

What springs are you running? I'm back and forth looking to land somewhere in the 2.5" ballpark with my stock-weight 80.

@Corbet - I came up with the same after doing a little digging...seems like the clickers are feasible on the front of the 80, but would need to modify the intended mounting points/hardware location for the reservoir....the rears are piggyback style, and I think that causes a bit of problem to accommodate a clicker setup (again, just my understanding).

Maybe I want too much stuff and should just settle without clickers.... The Dobinsons MRA's are very attractive with the overall adjustability - primarily interested in finding the highest quality and most reliable options...adjustability isn't a huge priority if they're set up right to begin with. Just not sure where the ADS measure up with the Dobs and others (also not sure if Dobs are made in AUS or China).

What springs are you running? I'm back and forth looking to land somewhere in the 2.5" ballpark with my stock-weight 80.

When I ran the Dob MRRs, I liked how the clickers were on the reservoirs and those can be mounted outside the frame rail. The rebound adjustment screws were a little PITA get to since they were on the shocks themselves. I think Kings follow the same pattern as well.

@Corbet

I'm running Slee's 4" springs, heavies in rear. My truck is just that, heavy. It rides best loaded and even heavier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom