Side Fixed Cargo window seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Guys,

I wanted to update this thread, I bought a product someone mentioned up in another thread and thought I'd try it. On my set of gaskets there are three areas that seem to be deteriorating at a fast rate. When those pieces get wet or left outside with dew they turn a green color until they dry out, different than the rest of rubber. So, that tells me something wasn't added or made different with those.

Wing window gasket.
IMG_3700.JPG

Fixed rear window bottom piece...
IMG_3701.JPG

Both corners of the tailgate rubber...
IMG_3702.JPG

Here's the product I used and it worked really good (I believe) at softening the rubber and hopefully protecting it from future damage...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XQ32LVZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=ihco-20

IMG_3703.JPG

I have new OEM rear door fixed window weatherstripping. I’d love to find someone who can draw it up in CAD so we can send it out and get molds made. I am in to share costs...
Is there ANY chance that you want to sell the rear door fixed window seals. It is literally the last thing I need to complete a 3 1/2 year restoration. I have exhausted all sources and options. Although I am not made of money and have already put way more into this project than I had planned, I would certainly consider paying WHATEVER you might think they are worth. I would also do my best to have more made from the original, if you were willing to sell. Just to clarify, these are Toyota part # 68188-90351 (RH) and #68189-90351 (LH) ? Thanks.

i had a complete picture guide on birfield.com in the 90s before it went belly up. .. but the windshield gasket is the same profile . i did my ones in 99 when i went live with my pig . just cut and use industrial superglue . 17 years so far still good . i can take current pics if you like

@fj55-100 Trying to get some clarification. Did you need two windshield gaskets per side (as in 4 total)? Some of the threads I have researched describe needing two but give no details. Can you briefly say why you needed two per side, if you did? Just trying to research my options.

This thread details using a Chevy pickup rear window seal and I'm pretty sure it only uses one per side. I would have thought the windshield gasket was plenty big to only need one per side but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!

@cruiserjunktion used 80 series seals

Interesting. Unfortunately I'm trying to keep the moulding if possible.

My 80 doesn't have moulding and I don't think moulding was an option (at least not for a 97). That did make me curious though as I think many of the 60 series I have seen do have moulding around the windows.

Both the windshield and the side window seals with moulding are still available for a 60 series.

Windshield:
56121-90A01W/MOULDING (05/1985 - 07/1987)
56121-90A02W/MOULDING (1981 model search)

Side Window:
62741-90A01W/MOULDING

That might be worth investigating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom