Seatbelt refurbish - Safety Restore (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

96LandcruiserPJ

SILVER Star
Threads
I am getting tired of the frayed and sticky driver and passenger seatbelts, so was considering sending them off to Safety Restore for a couple of hundred bucks. Is there a better solution that this group had an experience with?

I hear that the frayed seat belts are pretty common.

Been many discussions in the past, most common complaint was that the (OAK) color did not match the original belts.

Been many discussions in the past, most common complaint was that the (OAK) color did not match the original belts.
Yes, the one on the left in my picture is the restored one. One on the right is oem. The restored one is slightly lighter in color than oem. If I was doing the front seats, I'd probably just do both.
IMG_3180.jpg

When I priced it out it ended up being pretty close (when you include shipping both ways) to buying new belts. I just bought new from one of my go to discount Toyota dealer parts websites (EB Boch). (~$118 plus ? shipping to them vs. ~$155 and one way shipping - I combined it with a larger parts order). And with the replacement you get all new components, not just rewebbing.

Last edited:
When I priced it out it ended up being pretty close (when you include shipping both ways) to buying new belts. I just bought new from one of my go to discount Toyota dealer parts websites (EB Boch). (~$118 plus ? shipping to them vs. ~$155 and one way shipping - I combined it with a larger parts order). And with the replacement you get all new components, not just rewebbing.
You purchased NEW Toyota belts with mechanisms from Toyota?

What color?

Part numbers?

Yes.

I only bought one (drivers front seat) in grey:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
73220-60062-B0​
Seat Belt Assembly​
$153.16​
1​
$153.16​

Yes.

I only bought one (drivers front seat) in grey:

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
73220-60062-B0​
Seat Belt Assembly​
$153.16​
1​
$153.16​
Grey, no wonder......

All of us with Oak are SOL.

Wondering if anyone has ever tried to dye their seat belts (change the color)??

Random question. I'm not the smallest guy around, and with aftermarket seats, when I slide forward enough to give someone room behind me, the seat belt just isn't quite long enough to be comfortable. Has anyone ever had one of these companies make the belt maybe 6" longer ?

Jason

Random question. I'm not the smallest guy around, and with aftermarket seats, when I slide forward enough to give someone room behind me, the seat belt just isn't quite long enough to be comfortable. Has anyone ever had one of these companies make the belt maybe 6" longer ?

Jason
Yes, I have your answer.

I'm a 6'-1" fat guy. I replaced my DS seatbelt with.... a PASSENGER side seatbelt.

Turns out that the PS is about 8" longer than the DS. I swapped the PS belt into the DS mechanism, spun the buckle around, and tightened the mechanism 2 full turns to get it to retract all the way. Kinda wish I'd have done 3 full turns.

I had started down this path because my DS belt was VERY frayed. Before the option of the restore places, I tried a 3rd row belt, only to find out it was about 6" SHORTER than the DS. I couldn't reach the glove box while buckled up.

Now, I can pick up something from the PS floor without unbuckling.

Plus, the PS belts are usually much less worn than the DS and they are more plentiful.

Someplace on here is a write up about how to pull the belts. if you need more info, let me know and I'll see what I can find. I know I took pics of it.

Yes, I have your answer.

I'm a 6'-1" fat guy. I replaced my DS seatbelt with.... a PASSENGER side seatbelt.

Turns out that the PS is about 8" longer than the DS. I swapped the PS belt into the DS mechanism, spun the buckle around, and tightened the mechanism 2 full turns to get it to retract all the way. Kinda wish I'd have done 3 full turns.

I had started down this path because my DS belt was VERY frayed. Before the option of the restore places, I tried a 3rd row belt, only to find out it was about 6" SHORTER than the DS. I couldn't reach the glove box while buckled up.

Now, I can pick up something from the PS floor without unbuckling.

Plus, the PS belts are usually much less worn than the DS and they are more plentiful.

Someplace on here is a write up about how to pull the belts. if you need more info, let me know and I'll see what I can find. I know I took pics of it.

Well, hell.... Thanks for that ! We're the same height too.

Appreciate the info,

Jason

Well, hell.... Thanks for that ! We're the same height too.

Appreciate the info,

Jason
Thanks for not bringing up the weight part, though....... :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom