Seat belts still work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the general consensus on original seatbelts? They seem sturdy enough to me and will be a nice touch for our complete stock restoration of the 79'. I'll be driving the rig a lot once its all put back together but I wasnt sure if its ok to use the old belts but thats what I want to do
IMG_0451.JPG

Still using my original ones, from about the same vintage.

You can actually have the belts replaced but keep the hardware. I'm not sure what the cost is, but I know it's something that can be done. I opted to replace my belts. My 40 had 2 point belts in the front, and I wanted 3 point. I also sometimes flip my bezel over just to piss off the purists.

No issues with the originals on my 77

Last edited:
My original seatbelts on my 74’ work great... kept me alive when I flipped and rolled my cruiser going 65 on the highway

Went side over side several times

Held up great ... even when I was upside down in my seat when I came to a stop :meh:

What is the general consensus on original seatbelts? They seem sturdy enough to me and will be a nice touch for our complete stock restoration of the 79'. I'll be driving the rig a lot once its all put back together but I wasnt sure if its ok to use the old belts but thats what I want to doView attachment 2002249
The original belts will be OK. Looks like the belt is in pretty good shape, at least around the label that is. I’m running orig ‘79 belts in my ‘79 too with no concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom