Builds Saved from scrap - '97 LX450 build thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bro, you got the QPM. I’m happy for you. Do you have your engine yet? I need this. 🤐
Engine and transmission are still in a container at Torfab. Been a few delays with engineering and manufacturing a new adapter for the 8 speed - Though it sounds like Tor has it in hand.

Engine and transmission are still in a container at Torfab. Been a few delays with engineering and manufacturing a new adapter for the 8 speed - Though it sounds like Tor has it in hand.
Well that’s good news! I’m sure you’re anxiously awaiting completion (sts).

Well that’s good news! I’m sure you’re anxiously awaiting completion (sts).
Yeah - Feels like the stars are starting to align on this project. QPM and replacement springs arrived within days of each other which had also seen some delays.

New Dobinsons VT springs in (next to 3" Icons).

PXL_20210520_222945984.jpg

PXL_20210520_214452467.jpg

PXL_20210520_204414762.jpg

PXL_20210520_195707001.jpg

PXL_20210520_231352729.jpg

That looks really good man. Decided against powder coating?
Wasn't sure these springs would work out and may have had to work out something with the Vendor, so I didn't coat. Might do something in the future, but good enough for now.

Wasn't sure these springs would work out and may have had to work out something with the Vendor, so I didn't coat. Might do something in the future, but good enough for now.
No joke, I think it works with your ride. It wouldn’t work with my 6M1

In case anyone is interested in the before and after measurements in comparison to the Icon springs:

1621558478180.png

Front ended up right where I was expecting, rear is about an inch high. Might pull the rear spacers if I don't see some settling and a drop once the truck is loaded normally.

Looks about right to what I’m getting and I may be 1/2” higher up front without the extra weight minus the 1” spacer. I can see your front springs with a bit less gap than me at the top.
Are you happy with the front 1”spacer? Inner front fender clear ok when turning now? Overall I was thinking of milling down the 1” body spacers to 1/2” with this and seeing yours I may still go there. Had to run up to Aspen for the weekend without the cruiser and wish I could have taken it to play around a bit.
I do have the MRR 4”-6” rear and was worried but can pull it to check down travel when I get to where I can get the rear in. Think it may work well now.

Looks about right to what I’m getting and I may be 1/2” higher up front without the extra weight minus the 1” spacer. I can see your front springs with a bit less gap than me at the top.
Are you happy with the front 1”spacer? Inner front fender clear ok when turning now? Overall I was thinking of milling down the 1” body spacers to 1/2” with this and seeing yours I may still go there. Had to run up to Aspen for the weekend without the cruiser and wish I could have taken it to play around a bit.
I do have the MRR 4”-6” rear and was worried but can pull it to check down travel when I get to where I can get the rear in. Think it may work well now.
Yeah, happy with the 1" spacer up front. Still going to have to trim the inner rear of the fender well, but not significantly. Doesn't look like any interference on the front of the fender well at full lock with articulation.

I'm running the 0-3" shocks that came with the original kit. Both ends are looking a little short.

Definitely going to want to address those shocks. Surprised that they are that short being designed for a 3" lift. Not sure if you can track down any Slinky Stage4 shocks, but they'd be perfect length for your new setup. Availability is scarce on them right now.

Dropped the CDL switch in today and completed the pin 7 mod. Unfortunately I'm guessing the atuator is toast ot there's a wiring issue at the T-case. No actuation from the switch, but in fairness, I had no actuation when I dropped in to low range previously. One more thing to add to the to-do list.

At 6'5 in a small garage getting pin 7 out sucked, especially since my pin tool doesn't fit Toyota connectors very well. Didn't help that one of the ABS module scrrews stripped out and forced more disassembly than anticipated.

PXL_20210531_202856485.jpg

Started on the QPM today. OBA system is plumbed to the push fittings. Still deciding how I want to place the electrical.

PXL_20210601_063336624.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom