Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a few pics of the done rig...finished up a short time after my buddy bigredfj40 came down to help with the windshield install (he did most of it) :D

had some elect issues with the wipers...(pluged them in reversed) :rolleyes:

I found my NUT !!!

...that didn't sound good :hmm: well i was happy....now the warm pull knob isnt flopping around....i don't think that helped...still doesn't sound good :lol:

ohhh well heres some pics
IMG_4657.jpg
IMG_4658.jpg
IMG_4659.jpg

looks more like it was a 11 day resto instead of 7 day...it was a total of 14 days...however...3 days of just looking at it and doing no work...came out pretty well...

now i got to get the new sneakers for it and have at the inspection...i cant wait to get "hay you fixed up your jeep" comment from the inspection place i go to :rolleyes:
IMG_4660.jpg
IMG_4661.jpg
IMG_4662.jpg

I just now finished reading this thread. Great read and job. Makes me wish I could drive mine. Can't afford a new motor right now.

Your kids food shenanigans reminded me of my next younger brother. He did not care much for many kinds of veggies, especially spinach. The dining table was an old one with a skirt all the way around the outer edge. One of the times that our parents invited friends over for dinner after church we had a big surprise. The dining table was opened up to add the extra leaf and lo and behold there was a pile of dried up green stuff stashed on one of the crossmembers under the top. Your sins will surely find you out. To this day mom occasionally reminds him of that.

Don

Johnny--Your hard work payed off---she looks awesome....good job............and daylight pic's please:D:D

i had an issue when trying to use the newer hood latches that i had for some time...just never installed...they weren't long enough...its an issue i resolved before...but...didnt look as good.

the shank/tube construction is different on these as compared to ones i bought in 97?

the ones from 97 were a tube...cut to length and the end rolled....these newer ones from a year ago are a sheet rolled to form a tube...and they are a bit longer under the 'head'

my solution....i grinded out the rivit and moved the head further down the tube and drilled and bolted it together.

in the pic you can see the hole where they used to rivit...and the new position.

i am running an older split hood with newer sides.

the greesy hinger marks dont look so good :)
IMG_4670.jpg

wow i'm blown away! looks amazing!

so those are the fiberglass fenders??? i'm impressed

great job....love the daylight pictures.....i have the same canvas door here with the oem hinges, can you post a close picture on the body where the doors go? i dont know if i have to use the hinges from my doors-1976 or try to use the 19...? oem canvas doors....thanks

Looking great JohnnyC! You did awesome to get so much done in such a small space of time. Now you won't have to worry about it as much and just enjoy it and drive it.:D

that's the exact picture that i wanted..thanks a lot.....so i guess both hinges top and bottom are the same configuration....now i have to decide if i cut the body base to look like that on my 76 to use the canvas doors like yours or change for the regular ones..thanks

Last edited:
Nice job! This has to go down in the Cruiser Book of Records as the fastest resto ever.( It took me all summer to change the oil). It is unreal on how much you were able to accomplish-Awesome looking:grinpimp:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom