Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3 pics of my crappy welding and tin work :rolleyes:
IMG_4642.jpg
IMG_4643.jpg
IMG_4644.jpg

using some sugestion from this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/paint-body/229466-unofficial-durabak-thread.html

I went ahead and rolled the 1st coat of bed liner...durabak

one thing i did different was not put the roller in any solution after the 1st coat...i put it in a thick shopping plastic bag and put it in the frig...as well as the brush...I am actually done with the second coat...and the roller is good for one more....so....outside i go to finish it up :D
IMG_4646.jpg
IMG_4645.jpg

i put it in a thick shopping plastic bag and put it in the frig...as well as the brush...
... and the wife said what?:eek:

I was LOL about the food collection behind the buffet table. :D

I kinda chuckled myself after....however ....just 20 min ago there was food behind the phone table...I guess he found a new place to stash his ":censor: food" :D

Ahhh fatherhood :rolleyes:

sooo im on pace to finish up tomorrow for the most part....paint went on today...used the truevalue X-O Rust gloss white used about lil less than 1/2 gallon on all lil bits and the body.

rolled it with an ultra smooth mohair roller ...layed the 1st coat on kinda thick...but....not runny....

when it was still tacky went over with x-o rust rattle can...it will be a few days to fully cure for sure...however ....its hard on the outside since i used the cans to coat and smooth out the paint...its not perfect....but....just dont have the time or the patence to layer auto paint...last time i did that it lasted about 5 yeas and started to come off....well see how the industrial method works :D

Its a DD and still a truck so i wasnt going perfect...if i wanted perfect i would have bought an icon :rolleyes:

:D
IMG_4647.jpg
IMG_4648.jpg

...if i wanted perfect i would have bought an icon :rolleyes:
:D
Or you could have bought that black thing in the background of your first pic:ban:

Looks great Johnny. Amazing progress that has me on the edge of my seat. I'd love to see it when its done. I'm in Albany-- where are you? I know we spoke once a year or 2 ago, but I forgot.

Complete turn around on the truck, looks good.:clap: Can't wait to see it put back together. This quick resto. gives me inspiration for mine. I keep doing a little here and there, I just need to take a week and just get it done.
Have a good one:beer:
Mike

Complete turn around on the truck, looks good.:clap: Can't wait to see it put back together. This quick resto. gives me inspiration for mine. I keep doing a little here and there, I just need to take a week and just get it done.
Have a good one:beer:
Mike

I think this thread is gonna light a lot of fires under a lot of ases out here JohnnyC... inspirational indeed.:hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom