Builds Previously known as the 'One Week Resto' now Pathetically keeping it alive... 500k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the 3/16" plate steel along the back has no rot thru at all....just looks bad....the 1/8" floors in the back also fared well over the years.

bumperettes broke 3 bolts...i'm going to drill them out and use bolts....so when i have to take them out again and they snap all i got to do is punch them thru :lol:

and duct tape is handy when it starts to rain and you need a quick rear door :)
IMG_4619.jpg

Looking good Johnny! Boy, the salt hasn't been nice to her:eek:

Glad mine doesn't see snow or salt.....

Let me know if you any parts or anything......:grinpimp:

yes its a mix mash of parts over the years...third handle is actually for a 2 ton floor jack that i keep in the truck...painted the handle to match oem ones:D

the rear barn door i always thought were from my year...found out later that wasnt the case...yes pre 72.

the bows are from a 1964

hood from a 64

markers from a 64

windshield bumpers from an fj45 78? got them from Stainless 40/45 about 16 years ago...the second owner brazed the holes for bumpers and hold downs closed ....i opened them up and but that stuff on it.

i have a windshield frame to put on...mine is tost...from a 72....as well as new to me barn doors also from a 72.

come to think of it alot of the parts that I got from stainless40/45 are still being used on the truck today....like the rear heater...some switches...rear light guards...and much more.

I'm gonna guess the 'base' year is a 74?

Subscribed.

Good luck mate, a week resto is pretty ambitious. I guess salt on the roads is a necessary evil in your parts? I'm thankful we don't have to deal with that. :eek:

Good luck mate, a week resto is pretty ambitious. I guess salt on the roads is a necessary evil in your parts? I'm thankful we don't have to deal with that. :eek:

it would be nice if they used dirt for the roads...but....the salt guys must be the lowest bidder :rolleyes:

Doing great! what color are you going back with?

Thanks....kinda at a stand still right now...the wife is at a pottery class till 2 and friends coming over tonight....i think today's shot.

It will be white again...i'm using x-o rust from truevalue...oil based....and durabak bed liner (white-textured) on the inside.

i've been using (outdoors) stuff called Acid Magic ....doesnt work all that bad to get rud of the rust on some of the more rusted things....contains hydrocloric acid :eek: and it says that it's safe for skin? :confused:

I put it in a armorall bottle to spray it on the parts

metal on the body i'll be using Metal Prep? from Rust Bullet...and rust bulleting the bad spots on the tub
IMG_4624.jpg
IMG_4625.jpg

Johnny----you are wide open, getting a lot done ---QUICK---good job BTW

Looks good Johnny. You are making some good progress.

If i get-r-done....i may take it to FG2010 :D

Johnny----you are wide open, getting a lot done ---QUICK---good job BTW

thanks...today was a not so productive day....had the kids just about all day....and they are ...lets just say....not the most helpful :)

Looks like a fun project hope it turns out well. 1 question for you. Are those flower scissors? lol My granny used to use some that looked like that in the garden. lol Well please keep the pics coming and good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom