Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did it have the squeakers in them? I noticed with my new set of pads they did not have the squelers, F-250, not LC

Yep--no squeal indicators. I noticed that the Centric hardware kit I just ordered came with them.

The problem was frozen pins. The cylinder just pushed its pad in the rotor and wore it down in nothing flat. Weird thing is is that I cannot find the rubber pieces for the caliper bracket anywhere, not even on the caliper brackets you can order from NAPA or RockAuto.com. Might have to go Toyota on this one if the parts are still made.

Yep--no squeal indicators. I noticed that the Centric hardware kit I just ordered came with them.

The problem was frozen pins. The cylinder just pushed its pad in the rotor and wore it down in nothing flat. Weird thing is is that I cannot find the rubber pieces for the caliper bracket anywhere, not even on the caliper brackets you can order from NAPA or RockAuto.com. Might have to go Toyota on this one if the parts are still made.
Which ones? The plugs for the ends or the sleeve things?

Did my hood and latch struts... no need for my "TRD" 2x4 anymore:rofl:

Question...anyone knows if the bolt next to the EFI sign does anything (please see attached)? I adjusted it snug tonight and took notes on turns and idle in case it makes a difference down the road.

I must admit that, I've always suffered from car addiction, but being able to mess with an older car without major concerns is new to me and (very) addictive and gratifying:cheers:

Pete

20180115_212841.jpg

Did my hood and latch struts... no need for my "TRD" 2x4 anymore:rofl:

Question...anyone knows if the bolt next to the EFI sign does anything (please see attached)? I adjusted it snug tonight and took notes on turns and idle in case it makes a difference down the road.

I must admit that, I've always suffered from car addiction, but being able to mess with an older car without major concerns is new to me and (very) addictive and gratifying:cheers:

Pete

View attachment 1612471
Hmm, I'm not sure. @OTRAMM would know. I Ifeel like it is just a screw to block a casting hole for the throttle body.
I do know the apparatus below that is the throttle position sensor, or TPS.

@Jakes40

Amazon seller stickeeze:

I have a 26 inch top chest and chose the following in white.

I went a different route
For now. My top will stay closed most of the time. And I had a couple emblems laying around.
IMG_2894.JPG

Changed my bumper to another stock - but straight - bumper I bought. Thanks Quinton!

Power washed all three cars to take the salt away and washed my neighbor's as a present for his 60th birthday. :beer: are in order !!!

I went a different route
For now. My top will stay closed most of the time. And I had a couple emblems laying around.
View attachment 1615830
Where can I get one of those? Oh yeah.... First Wednesday of the month, out back of Kilroy's, around 7:35. :grinpimp:

U.S. General makes some great tool boxes for the price. I have a few of the big ones. As per my buddy, same metal quality and same paint thickness as snap-on.

Took the 40 out for a spin today. Managed to get the old radio out so I can start prepping for the retro Sound radio install. Also noticed gear oil dripping down the back of the knuckles. :bang:. I rebuilt the front axle when I bought the thing and that was only 3000 miles ago. I guess if I want to swap out my 3rds I'd have to go back in to the axle anyway.

IMG_20180121_145741123.jpg
IMG_20180121_151145005.jpg

Took the 40 out for a spin today. Managed to get the old radio out so I can start prepping for the retro Sound radio install. Also noticed gear oil dripping down the back of the knuckles. :bang:. I rebuilt the front axle when I bought the thing and that was only 3000 miles ago. I guess if I want to swap out my 3rds I'd have to go back in to the axle anyway.

View attachment 1616575 View attachment 1616576
Yeah, that's bad... Did you check the knuckles for center? I wouldn't trust the PO that they were done right.

What inner seals did you use?

Check your knuckle alignment with the tool. I would recommend Marlins seals they have extra material for your out or alignment axle.

What inner seals did you use?

OEM seals and I did use the club alignment tool. I do remember thinking the numbers were off when I did it but I did the procedure twice and got the same results. Of course if I was wrong on the procedure I guess I'd get the same bad results twice huh.

Think I can reseal the front and rear axle and drop in new 3rds in a Tech Day? :hmm:

OEM seals and I did use the club alignment tool. I do remember thinking the numbers were off when I did it but I did the procedure twice and got the same results. Of course if I was wrong on the procedure I guess I'd get the same bad results twice huh.

Think I can reseal the front and rear axle and drop in new 3rds in a Tech Day? :hmm:

You probably can it would be a long day to do both front and rear.

I guess I can split it up though. I could do the front axle and front third and leave the rear axle and third for another one. Or vice versa. Just can't throw it in to 4 until the rear is done. Actually, I've done several front axle services so maybe the rear might be a better tech day activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom