PNW 67 Patina Blue (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are the hold down clamps I picked up. The third one on the right is obviously not correct but that's ok, I only need 2.

thumbnail_IMG_6064.jpg

Anyone recognize this? Could this be a hold down clamp for the later hard lines?

thumbnail_IMG_6065.jpg

I made a bit more progress. Some how I buggered up one of the fuel filter line fittings. And of course it's an odd ball thread. Every source says it's a 13x1.0 on the big side. These are not. Close, but not 13.

thumbnail_IMG_6061.jpg

I have a fairly extensive die collection, but I did not have this size. Ordered one up and no dice. It wouldn't even thread on the other side with perfect threads. It was a Chinese brand that looked poorly milled so I went out and got a better quality one. Still no dice. On the clean or buggered fitting.

I have some teeny tiny files so I tried to gently re-profile the threads. Still no dice.

thumbnail_IMG_6062.jpg

My local Mr T searched through their giant collection of fittings. No dice. But they did have the OEM fuel filter. With 2 new fittings. For 10 bucks!

thumbnail_IMG_6083.jpg

Swapped out the bowl and I'm back in business. I might put up a wanted ad for a brass fitting though.

thumbnail_IMG_6086.jpg

I managed to source some clear fuel line that matches perfectly with OEM.

thumbnail_IMG_5827.jpg

I somehow forgot to take pictures of me reassembling this silly fitting, but here it its. I'll take more pics when I do the tank side, but it's completely rebuildable.

thumbnail_IMG_6092.jpg

Installed with the OEM frame clamp.

thumbnail_IMG_6102.jpg

Time to install the battery tray. I still have the old OEM liner that cleaned up pretty well.

thumbnail_IMG_4191.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4228.jpg

My original battery tray is pretty roached. I got a new one from @cruiseroutfit when I ordered a bunch of other stuff. Still available from Mr T also.

The problem is that it's a little bit of a different design that doesn't allow for the OEM tray liner.

thumbnail_IMG_4392.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4391.jpg

I'd like to use that liner so I'll be on the hunt for an early style one.

Time to install the battery tray. I still have the old OEM liner that cleaned up pretty well.

View attachment 3199361

View attachment 3199362

My original battery tray is pretty roached. I got a new one from @cruiseroutfit when I ordered a bunch of other stuff. Still available from Mr T also.

The problem is that it's a little bit of a different design that doesn't allow for the OEM tray liner.

View attachment 3199363

View attachment 3199364

I'd like to use that liner so I'll be on the hunt for an early style one.
Super cool you still have the original liner!! I was talking with a local owner with an incredible 1962 40 about those recently. Amazing yours has survived!

Opened up the water pump. Very little corrosion and the bearing and seals look like new. Impeller is nice and in perfect shape. I'm going to clean it up and run it as is.

thumbnail_IMG_6408.jpg

Gotta source the flange and block side gaskets though.

thumbnail_IMG_6410.jpg

I don't really want to make them. Should be 16124-60010 and 16271-60010 from what I can tell.

I believe the gaskets are the same.

Any chance you can supply a part number and supplier of that fuel line hose? OEM Diameters seem impossible to find.

Any chance you can supply a part number and supplier of that fuel line hose? OEM Diameters seem impossible to find.
Yep! I should have added those details. I measured this in several places to confirm that the ID of the fuel line is indeed 6mm or just shy of 1/4in. Crazy small IMO. OD measured 11mm or just shy of 7/16in.

I bought a 10' foot roll of Stens 115-121 fuel line, 1/4"ID x 7/16"OD from Amazon.

It appears that the two gaskets that I need to install the pump (16124-60010 and 16271-60010) are quite hard to get. They seem to be mostly packaged with a pump purchase. So I made some up.

thumbnail_IMG_6506.jpg

Not my best work but also not my worst.

thumbnail_IMG_6525 (1).jpg

Installed!

thumbnail_IMG_6527.jpg

Also you can see the TrueStart battery I got from Mr T. I've heard good things about this brand. Also believe it or not it's about 25 bucks cheaper than the exact same battery with a different sticker sold at my local O'Reilly. I haven't hooked it up yet.

My alternator bracket doesn't quite look like it's installed correctly. I'm going to do some searching on that. @red66toy is your's installed like mine in the pic above?

Old oil filter. Yuck. Stinks a bit like gas also. Not good. I really hope this thing doesn't smoke like a chimney when I finally get it fired up. The oil looked fine and didn't stink when I drained it though.

thumbnail_IMG_6454.jpg

I also pulled the thermostat housing because one of the studs appeared to be screwed in to far so the nut was only grabbing a few threads.

thumbnail_IMG_6455.jpg

Nope. PO had just installed it all cock-eyed. Wow. That would explain the gobs and gobs of sealant they used to try and stop it from leaking. It was also missing the upper seal so I'm really glad I decided to pull this.

thumbnail_IMG_6459.jpg

My alternator bracket doesn't quite look like it's installed correctly. I'm going to do some searching on that. @red66toy is your's installed like mine in the pic above?
Yup! On the water pump! Seems silly… but that is it :p
F795ABAE-2913-4769-91A2-7293D32FFC90.jpeg

I have a chevy alternator…. Soon to be Toyota again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom