PNW 67 Patina Blue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The next few posts, maybe more, will be a dump of what I've been working on. They may be out of order so don't call me out haha!

Since the brake and clutch masters use the same rebuild kit, I figured I rebuild them both at the same time. I flipped a coin in my head and pulled the clutch first.

thumbnail_IMG_8411.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3369.jpg

Leaky bastard...

thumbnail_IMG_3370.jpg

The guts.

thumbnail_IMG_3388.jpg

The cup seals were leaking out the back and onto the inside of the firewall. This thing was sitting for 20yrs with brake fluid so it's to be expected.

View attachment 3083077

I think I misunderstood. I thought it was still leaking after the rebuild, so I was wondering where it was leaking from in order to get it fixed. The misunderstanding was the leak was from before the rebuild.

Great find and Nice job so far keeping it original!

What did you use to clean?
Super concentrated Simple Green to cut the grime and a scrub brush. There wasn't much in that area so it worked well. Then I scrubbed it with a white scotch brite pad and some super concentrated CLR mixed with hot water. I used a hudson sprayer with some hot water to rinse everything.

There is still some room for improvement. I was nervous to use something rougher than a white pad lol. I think I'll go over it with a green at some point.

Spotted this Scout a few months back while on a walk. I talked with the owner and he's open to sell it.

Another project to the queue? Must. Resist. 😟

View attachment 3088604
I'm partial to the Scout 80/800. I have zero attraction to the scout II's personally. If it was an 80/800, I would say yes! Since it's not, give the LC extra love that would go into the scout.

My Scout 80 that is patiently waiting to get transferred onto a shortened FJ60 chassis :)

IMG_7977.PNG
IMG_8005.PNG

There have been a few threads that I've seen that are attempting to catalog all the factory chrome bits. I'm fairly certain that these are the OEM screws, but I do have to concede that someone has obviously removed them to flip the bezel over at some point in the past.

thumbnail_IMG_4830.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4831.jpg

Anyone else have chrome screws and tooth washers on their bezel?

There have been a few threads that I've seen that are attempting to catalog all the factory chrome bits. I'm fairly certain that these are the OEM screws, but I do have to concede that someone has obviously removed them to flip the bezel over at some point in the past.

View attachment 3094338

View attachment 3094339

Anyone else have chrome screws and tooth washers on their bezel?
Overland Metric will have what you need (wasn't sure if you were asking where to find them).
Bezel Screws | Marine Grade Stainless | FJ40 - https://www.overlandmetric.com/collections/stainless-hardware-kits/products/bezel-screw-79-later-marine-grade-stainless-fj40?variant=18694251271

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom