Pics of tinted 80s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Threads
I sleep in the truck so have been strongly considering tinting for a little more privacy in popular areas + cooler interior during the summer is a bonus as well. Personally I am not crazy about the look of dark tint and am feeling like it might not suit the 80 too well.

Search only came up with a few examples. Who on here has tinted their 80? Mind providing a pic?

Not the best but I don't have any shots purely of the windows. Was on the car from PO I'm a bit take it or leave it. Would I have it done ? No. But its already there.....
IMG_2044.JPG

20%

EB026D55-747D-4B6C-BD39-E332B252274C.JPG

24% on front windows and a UV blocking layer on front windshield. All other windows are factory tint. Some day I may go through the hassle of removing the factory tint and making it match but for now it does the job. Truck stays a lot cooler.
tint.jpg

Run a bungee or rope from the grab handles and buy some fabric and staple, sew, stick a seam so you can run a rope or bungee. You got curtains.

I tinted my front windows i think 20%? It's a pretty close match to the factory tinting of the rear windows. Has made the interior much more comfortable in the summer time. I don't feel like I'm getting half my face fried off in the sun. No pics handy, but I'll maybe take one when I get home.

Did mine a few weeks ago 15% all the way around. The back looks a little odd with the factory stuff on there but I'm happy. It's dark but still functional

IMG_20170725_152812_604.jpg

Thanks for all the pictures! I'm actually liking the look more than I thought I would.

Run a bungee or rope from the grab handles and buy some fabric and staple, sew, stick a seam so you can run a rope or bungee. You got curtains.

That's an option I considered as well but the added benefits of the tint make it a bit more appealing.

We'll see if I end up wanting to shell out the $$$ anyway haha.

Ceramic tint is the way to go. Keeps it so cool inside that you may need to go up top to warm yourself on the roof rack!
IMG_4468.JPG

Is there a probem with tinting over the factory color? I am taliking about the super light tan or whatever it is on the glass.

The day I brought it home. Not sure of the %, but it cuts down on the sun quite a bit, would be fine for sleeping in.

1992 LC.jpg

Ceramic tint is the way to go. Keeps it so cool inside that you may need to go up top to warm yourself on the roof rack!
View attachment 1512107
What was your cost for that if you dont mind me asking? Everyone I've spoken to says ceramic is much higher quality but it seems like the price is significantly higher..

Last edited:
What was your cost for that if you dont mind me asking? Everyone I've spoken to says ceramic is much higher quality but it seems like the price is significantly higher..
I don't know how much it was for the 80, as the PO did it before I got it. But I just put ceramic tint on my 60 about seven months ago and I think it was less then $200 for all the windows. But these are Hawaii prices, I have no idea what it costs on the mainland.
I remember it only being $30-40 extra for ceramic over the regular tint, and I'm very happy with how it turned out. Here's a few pictures of the newly tinted 60:
IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

IMG_5764.JPG

Here's mine with 3m Crystalline (CR70) over factory tint/glaze.
IMG_2502.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom