ONSC Chat (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Willys pic is awesome! Did it suffer a fate similar to the Cheyenne?

The Willy's was amazing. Raced 20-30 weekends a year for 8 consecutive years. Few of the tracks didn't include at least a small amount of air time. Never blew a motor and never lost a tranny/tc/axle. On several occasions in the early days a hard landing would ram the front driveshaft against the bell housing and break the shaft. After about 5 of these dad replaced it with a solid stainless steel shaft and, even though you would think the bell housing would be the next to die, that fixed it.

The end fate of the Willys is most sad. I had it up until 2 years ago when some crack heads broke into my metal shop, took it, and crushed it for scrap $$.

Ass kicking ford powered jeep
Whodathunkit?
image.jpg

Think this was the day we were shooting the jeeps off the tops of trophies :D

Ehh, a question that does not really deserve a thread of its own and doesn't really belong in the wrenching thread .... so CHAT.

My goal .... I have "french doors" going out onto the back deck that aren't really french doors. It is hinged in the center and only one side opens but, otherwise, has the french door look. What I would like to add is an attractive storm door, both for efficiency, to help protect the paint, and to have a screen when weather allows.

I realize "anything is possible" with money but was hoping to find an off-the-shelf item to do the job. No luck. Most of my storm door searching only addresses single door systems. Perhaps there is some obvious solution I am missing so I'm here to gather thoughts.

Here is a poor pic of what I have now:

deck.png

I had one of these "half french door" set-ups and it had a sliding screen. I'd say that is an option. Maybe I'm missing something but I would think that a storm door would only protect one side of the french door (unless you did two storm doors one of which opened to an inoperable door). If only half of the door is protected, is it really worth doing a storm door? One of the big benefits to a storm door is the full panel of glass for a nice view. You've already got that with the door you have. I would just find a sliding screen and be done with it. My .02.

anderson makes them, http://arcowindow.com/data/images/dsc00376.jpg

I think Pella does as well.

You will probably have to contact them directly vs talking to the goons at home depot.

That dude is definitely the right idea, provided they make one that hinges in the center.

Dave, what I have in my mind would be a "complete" storm door to cover both sides, even though only one side would be functional.

Home Depot sells a universal sliding screen. I was so impressed with it that I took it back after looking at the instructions. You could probably find a good one though!

i have a car fax left. anyone need it?

Dates kinda rare with a 5 year old so getting to take the lady out in the 40 is special.

1419715986341.jpg

Last edited:
I got two check from toyota for $8.56 For some law suit. Has anyone get something similar?

I got 17.28 or something like that for the law suit.

I dont know but i just wanted to make sure was not a scam before i cash my 17 buck from toyota.

image.jpg
Anybody have an opinion as to which of these gauges I should trust? The digital is way off from the BGE... @JohnVee

Unscrew the Egg thermo and test in the boiling water, too. I think it can be adjusted. Are they in the exact same place? Is the digital probe touching metal or ceramic? That can make it read hotter.

Or just figure that you're at 315 and call it a day.

...via IH8MUD app

In my case, the BGE always reads differently than the digital. The probe on the digital is much closer to the fire and is usually at "meat" level, That is the one I go by unless I am baking pizza. In that case, in IR thermometer I trust ;)

I will post a pic for this afternoon's cooking for comparison. Target temp for today is 275F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom