"Oil" dash light means...? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The light was not on constantly. It came on briefly and then went off and stayed off. Another time a couple of days later it did the same thing. I'm pretty convinced it's a level sensor. I still would like to know for sure.

The light was not on constantly. It came on briefly and then went off and stayed off. Another time a couple of days later it did the same thing. I'm pretty convinced it's a level sensor. I still would like to know for sure.

Yeah I am pretty sure it is triggered by oil level. All I have is the "oil pressure sender", nothing in my engine bay seems to function as reading oil temps.

This is the sensor connector on my oil pan. (don't know what the orphaned plug hanging there is)

1702564346361.png

fancy

80s have it as well, oil level sensor

This is the sensor connector on my oil pan. (don't know what the orphaned plug hanging there is)

View attachment 3506659
Yuck. I'm sure you did this already, but clean that thing off. All that oil in the connector will cause all sorts of problems. Hopefully the oil did not wick too far up into the harness.

All that oil in the harness would also make the dash light both intermittent and ambient temperature dependent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom