**** OEM Tool Roll & Bag/Kits **** (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the "green kit" would be the best one to have for a vintage rig - but we all know the odds of finding one of those .

very hard to find.... the numbers do not come up anywhere.... maybe @beno can run them and tell if they were ever available here? .... but... from what i can see it only came in a few cars... didnt really knotice till now... but... this one is a little different from the other green ones... and its found under the front seat in its own case

FirstAidKit_002.jpg
FirstAidKit_005.jpg
FirstAidKit_013.jpg
FirstAidKit_010.jpg

The green kits show up on this page from a 1998 accessories catalog, along with the early version of the Rescueman.

1998 ep91_acc_005.jpg

Got a couple surprises in the mail this week , thought I'd share a couple pics ....

New Zealand starting handle and storage springs.jpg

New Zealand starting handle and storage springs 2.jpg

New Zealand market starting handle springs dimensional.jpg

Working on prototypes now and die stamps to press the small parts .

These came from Landwrecker , a New Hampshire member that has a New Zealand market '77 FJ40 RHD model . He's been very kind to loan these out for this work and if nothing else , get these parts documented . From what I can find and what I've found in searching , it seems these are later-market "springs" as per the parts drawing , or "storage clips" as most would refer to them . Evidently that NZ market got an updated and somewhat lighter storage clip compared to early-model Cruisers . They are 20ga spring steel measuring out at .035" thick . Early versions , including the smaller jack extension rod storage springs were much heavier and seem to be plain carbon steel . Working on that as well , hope to see one soon ....

Sarge

Here are some pics of the Engine Adjust Kit versions.

Later 4 pocket that does not include the red points file and the early 5 pocket with the points file.

DSC_1062.jpg

DSC_1065.jpg

November 14th I ordered one of these - Accessories | L&L Land Cruisers , it came Monday and I must say , pretty decent quality . I did email Maarten and asked what material it's made from , turns out it's polyester and not canvas . He stated that cotton canvas is very hard to source in The Netherlands . Too bad , but it is what it is . The lettering seems to be either an extremely thick printing or as my wife suggested , an iron-on patch albeit it seems to be stuck down very tightly . My starting handle fits fine inside , overall for what I'm building I guess it's good enough or at least I have something .

View attachment 989467

I was surprised by the size of the box it was sent in - quite a lot bigger than the bag so it makes sense on the postage expense . Worked out to 10 days from order to delivery - not too shabby and they are prompt about answering questions/emails . If anyone wants additional pics , let me know....
Sarge

Is this the closest to an OEM bag for a '78 40 you have found?
Thanks!

What do you think?

Hey Guys,

What do you think? It's a small project I've been working on with my wife & her Mom. Her Mom is a textile Guru & has some skills & knowledge. This one is basically an early prototype of the 60's tool roll. The color on this one is off, but she has actually tracked down a really great match for the real deal.

The big question is, if she made 10 or 15, would there be interest here in buying them? It would be just the replica roll, not the tools within them. It would also be a pretty faithful replica, with the correct weight waxed canvas, right size twill tape around the edge, etc... & the plastic pocket for the tool list, etc... The one thing that would likely be different is the buckle. I can't find the original buckles, so it would likely just be two D-rings.

The kicker is, to do this & do it with the right fabrics & such, they will run like $80 to 100 bucks each, at a volume of just 10 or 15 or so. Would anyone have any interest, or should I just have a couple made for my own use & call it a day?

I could also make a less expensive, "Every day" roll, that has the same format, but is just plain canvas & less authentic overall... What about that?

Thanks,
Abe

View attachment 769870

View attachment 769871

View attachment 769872
View attachment 769870View attachment 769871View attachment 769872

Did you go forward with these?

Darn, sorry I missed you in Moab!

No worries! I had soft tops, bows & the tool rolls on show at vendor night. I was over between the side entrance & the tent entrance. A great spot for right when people walked in I think, but off the true main drag so once people started socializing traffic fell off.

No worries! I had soft tops, bows & the tool rolls on show at vendor night. I was over between the side entrance & the tent entrance. A great spot for right when people walked in I think, but off the true main drag so once people started socializing traffic fell off.

Unfortunately I rolled in late on Thursday, after vendor night...

Hey Everybody, Recently purchased a 1980 FJ40. Of course its missing the tools and the jack and rods are a mystery. I am trying to piece together a tool kit and jack and rods with carrying case. Can anyone provide some info on what this should look like. Picture of a complete set up would be great, or point me in the right direction. The 40 was built late 1979 and is registered as a 1980. Thanks.

Hey Everybody, Recently purchased a 1980 FJ40. Of course its missing the tools and the jack and rods are a mystery. I am trying to piece together a tool kit and jack and rods with carrying case. Can anyone provide some info on what this should look like. Picture of a complete set up would be great, or point me in the right direction. The 40 was built late 1979 and is registered as a 1980. Thanks.

Tool kit looks like this, discussed here.
full

Jack is 09110-60010. Brown jack, with brown rods and a cast handle, pictured above. More info here.
full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom