Oct 7th-9th Jocassee Camping and Cruising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ClemsonCruiser said:
boooooo capt jim boooooooo ............... :flipoff2: you are going to scare everyone out of wheeling with me :frown:

"PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN....." :cool:

(quote from The wizard of Oz for you youngsters)

You guys should do fine. I believe the weather maps show this system making a sharp right towards the east just before it gets to Pumpkintown. :idea:

I'm up for anything... Just let me know. As long as if we break it, somebody will help me fix it.

ClemsonCruiser said:
After talking with chuck the trail doesn't sound very difficult especially with all of us riding on 33's and locked, should be fun...

my wheelin' participation depends on the condition of the trail.....not ALL of us are locked... :crybaby:

and my front end is hurtin'. outter seals leaking bad and i am scared to check for bearing/joint slop.....i need to think about it more....

VTCruiser said:
yeah, saturday wheelin will be WET.

You should just come to Alabama. It is going to stay dry over there.

All I did was sit there with rudy and laugh at ya, although I did fart in your cruiser a few times when we drove around the block, maybe that cleaned it out. Hey Gehn, Matt did it all unlocked, and ya may as well get all the use out of it before ya gotta replace it.

Jcoles, we are pros at fixing stuff that we break or atleast I am :rolleyes: we'll make sure you are alright. I took my 62 up it last year with no problems, so you should be good to go. Hey let me know if you want to follow me and richard up. You can call us at 864 654 3810, we are going to be heading out firday afternoon about 5ish

This trail isn't half as mean as Mountain Estates from what I have seen and heard. But who knows with all this rain the slippery factor is going to be out the roof.......and lockers are over rated Gehn :D

ClemsonCruiser said:
our mountain estates camping trip comes to mind when I look at the weather forecast......... and I had a blast dodging tornadoes and relaxing with some ice cold beer and rotel dip under the makeshift cruiser tarp!!!!!!!!! I am jacked for this weekend!!!!!!! The weather should be clearing up come saturday :cheers:

Is anyone besides myself planning on wheeling the Burrells Ford trail saturday??? We really need to get is scouted out for the planned poker run in December, what do you say Prez you in??? How about that Purty 62 of yours Jcoles???? I know I can count on Gehn too right ;)

See you fellas there!!!!!
Yeah, I'm in for a tromp in da woods. we do need to scout this for the poker run. I have high expectations for this event.

71-CRUISER said:
You should just come to Alabama. It is going to stay dry over there.

Think Again :flipoff2:

hurtrac.gif

Wheeling sat the Burrells Ford run is a scouting trip for the proposed poker run later this yr.

yep the winch is ready, I ordered a hell for stout mounting plate this summer to replace my getto fab job that used to be on there, so the winch won't be sliding around like times past :rolleyes:

Out of planning for Sat. about how long is the Horse Pasture ride? Trying to figure out what to do with the kids.

Hp

ff347 said:
Out of planning for Sat. about how long is the Horse Pasture ride? Trying to figure out what to do with the kids.

My understanding is the road is now open from end to end, meaning you will
NOT have to turn around after ya'll get down in there to the lake.
Stopping at Jump Off Rock for break, etc., I'd guess ya'll could do the whole
road in about 5-6 hours. Mid-morning in and out by late afternoon without
distractions. Who knows how long if things change. I haven't been through
there in a couple of years or more. I expect ya'll will have no problems.
Kids would like the woods. There are NO GUARD RAILS at Jump Off Rock.
It's a near sheer cliff rising several hundred feet up from lake Jocassee.

Gundy said:
There are NO GUARD RAILS at Jump Off Rock.
It's a near sheer cliff rising several hundred feet up from lake Jocassee.

Yea, but you land in the water, don't ya?? :D

All kidding aside, that drop off used to scare the bejeebers out of me when David and Lynn would take me up there with the wife and kids. My girls were probably 7 and 10 at the time, and had no concept of cliffs......... :eek:

Real impressive view from up there, and a great place to stop and enjoy lunch.

hey

OK, here is the deal, I forgot all about Carter's (my son) 6 month check up on Saturday morning. So I am going to go to that and then come up, should'nt take more than 30 minutes. There are going to be shots involved so I wanted to be there. Jeff is coming up on Friday night.

Is there anyone leaving on Friday from the Greenville area that I can hook up with and give my tent to. We are going to use my tent and if I gave it one of you he could just hook up with y'all on Friday night and use the tent. Anybody?

-Travis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom