Oct 7th-9th Jocassee Camping and Cruising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Friday night hang out around a camp fire, camp for those who want to rough it and villas for the others. Wake up to breakfast in/at one of the villas. Split off into two or three groups.

1. Mountain estates for the hard core.
2. David mentioned horse pasture or some other nice trail would be open then for a fun trailride with no carnage. Could even give the ladies a hand at having fun instead of us.
3. Those who just want to hang out at the lake. I think we have some Kayak connections and I'll have my boat for those to enjoy. Might even be able to take some people trolling for trout early Sat morning to cook up for Saturday night.

Wake up Sunday and head out.

Camp sites are cheap and plenty this time of year. But the villas are going fast so if we do this we need to do this fast before they are gone otherwise my city slicker wife will not come.

You need to reserve your campsite or villa now. They will go quick this time of the year.

Here is a link on prices and reservations.

http://southcarolinaparks.reserveamerica.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/usa/sc/devi/newindex.html

Tent sites don't alllow you to have you car by you. Which I think is the purpose of our club. AT the RV sites you can park by your site and have two tents per each site which would make it $9 dollars a night per couple. And they will have power and water. Looks like RV sites 9-13 would be a great place for us to reserve. With everyone reserving their own site. And it's easy to do online.

Click here for site #'s
http://southcarolinaparks.reserveamerica.com/usa/sc/devi/DEVI10607.png

Last edited:
Sounds like a good plan marshal. Also good to see clemson football is a crucial factor in the clubs event planning for the fall.
JP you want to split a site?

Well I called ad got my reservation. I got site #9. It was 40 something bucks. I tried for some of the other site closer to the water but they were booked but she said 9-13 which are all together are available.

Also checked on the villa but it's Columbus Day and they consider that a major holiday so you have to book 3 nights which I'm not about to do.

Hurry up and book now before they are gone. It's 3 months away and the sites are going fast. It's ten if you cancel within a month or so.

well crap I tried to pick a date that had the most votes.

BY the way talked to Alex and he is in. He and I will share a camp site.

If you need a partner chime in and I'm shure we can get people together.

Just checked my calendar and I'll be in Nebraska catching a football game there that weekend. Oh well maybe next time.
Mike

FYI that is the same weekend that we (Cotton Land Cruisers, Leaky Seals) will be in Grey Rock if your up for the drive you should join us.

I was thinking about going to that ride, but I don't think my 40 would like that trip to much highway action......... it is a shame though because it looks like a sweet place to wheel.

Trollhole said:
So who is in?

Marshall
Alex
JP
Richard

Chuck?
Gehn?
Malph?
Alan?
Travis?
Tad?
anyone?
Marshall, I will be there in sprit if not in truth. That is to say that although camping is not my favorite thing I will try to hook up with you all sometime that weekend. Sit around the campfire, break wind, wheel, tell a few lies, etc. I should be over our Tellico trip by then! Getting old is rough but I don't recommend the alternative. ;)

camping

Put me down as 80 percent yes. Need to call about camp site. Going up there this weekend.

-Travis

Hard40 said:
Marshall, I will be there in sprit if not in truth. That is to say that although camping is not my favorite thing I will try to hook up with you all sometime that weekend. Sit around the campfire, break wind, wheel, tell a few lies, etc. I should be over our Tellico trip by then! Getting old is rough but I don't recommend the alternative. ;)

Well I kind of thought that since your basically a stones throw from the lake. See you then.

So JP did ya'll reserve a site?

I cleaned the boat up last night. It's sparkley white again. And that Force started right up after 3 rotations after sitting for a year. Did you hear that Capt Jim. :flipoff2:

I'm stoked.

I just PM'ed richard he was going to do it, but if he hasn't I will do it today now that I have cell phone service again!!!!!!

you know it has been forever since I have been fishing marshall............and I hear you are a pretty good guide

I am interested in going and will see if I can get a fellow Cruiser friend to join also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom