Oct 7th-9th Jocassee Camping and Cruising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I cannot be there, I am opening a restaurant and there is the Royston Fall Fesitval of which the DDA (downtown development association - of which I am the CO-Chairman) is putting on,, and is righ toutside of my restaurant location,,,,, I plan on being open the week after the fall festival and serving diruing the fall fest, from a kiosk,,right out front,,, so I cannot make it,, I LOVE jocasse,,,,

have a great time,, post some pics

can i get some more info on this? If I dont get there till later on the 7th is that ok? Also what mods do we need to have to do some of the trails? If I would get off my slack butt and we get a renter in our rental i would get my lift on so i wouldnt have to worry about crap like that.

I won't be able to make this trip just got a wedding invitation from an old buddy of mine. So I'll be gettin drunk and laid that weekend....priorities ya know!

Hahaha

Wanking it in the bathroom at the reception does not count as getting laid. I'm ready even if it just ends up being me and JP and Marshal fishing and drinking.

sounds like you'll be the one doin the wankin richard..haha

do you *need* a camp site in order to participate? i won't know if i can go or not until later, probably after the ideal reservation window....I was planing on sleeping in the cruiser again so i would just need a place to park. anyone allowing squatters, i'd be willing to throw a couple bucks someones way...

89s rule said:
can i get some more info on this? If I dont get there till later on the 7th is that ok? Also what mods do we need to have to do some of the trails? If I would get off my slack butt and we get a renter in our rental i would get my lift on so i wouldnt have to worry about crap like that.

Later is fine. Well matts 62 has no lockers just a 1 inch lift and 33s

I'm thinking with as few of people that arte going we might try to do something for everyone. Like burells ford. I'm going to let JP decide.

VTCruiser said:
do you *need* a camp site in order to participate? i won't know if i can go or not until later, probably after the ideal reservation window....I was planing on sleeping in the cruiser again so i would just need a place to park. anyone allowing squatters, i'd be willing to throw a couple bucks someones way...

Well I'm not sure aboput that one. It's two cars per site and two tents per site. They are kind of strict like Tellico. I'm sure we could squeeze you in somewhere.

local trails for Oct

Horsepasture will be open then as will the Muster Grounds.
HP is "finished" so you can drive from one end to the other without
turning around.
MG is neat and can be rough at the lake end.
HP is a gravel road through wilderness with Jump off Rock
along the way.
I plan on doing HP to check out the through route when
it opens on Sept 15th. Say the 18th, a Sunday, when no hunters are there.
We'll talk more at the cleanup on River Falls Road.
Mountain Estates is always open just like Burrell's Ford.
Sorry I can't make this trip.
Have fun!

well thats cool, just need more info as far as where, when (times) etc. I will be coming back from Rock Hill on that friday. So I could possibly do Saturday or fri late + sat. ? I'm still on almost bald 31's. But not afraid of much especially if others are around to help. I was able to make it up and down about a 6ft waterfall on a local trail awhile back, but it took some work getting back up it. I def need to get the alcans and 33's on! Anyone know anybody in Newberry that is responsible an dneeds a place to rent? (2BR/1BA) Thats basically whats holding me up. $$ :) $$

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/stateparks/parkdetail.asp?PID=1355

As we get closer to the date we will have more specifics. I'm planning on not bringing the cruiser and bringing the Jeep

With the boat :flipoff2: So we can go out a fish maybe friday night and Sunday morning. Those of you who have never used downriggers on Jocasee will have a blast. Kind of like deep sea fishing. Put out the lines, troll and reel in fish. Oh and :beer: :beer: :beer: .

meryanatjocasee.jpg

I can hold 4 on the boat at a time. Night fishing is also a blast!
DSCN1155.jpg

and Jocassee is a blast.

DSCN1154.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

DSC01234.jpg

Found out this week that Homecomming is that weekend. So I cant make it, yet again.

I have a reservation but down in the primitive section in the tent section not the rv sites. I guess I can change I just thought that's where everybody had their reservations. I will see if I can change. So it is the rv section everyone is staying in right??

I just called and they are all booked up for this weekend. So Jeff and I willl be down in the priimitive secton, we'll come and visit, but we are right on the lake. Later. Everybody have a good week.

-Travis

I'll bring some Rotel dip for everyone to enjoy........ and I got the canopy and banner covered

So are we going to do the BF to cashiers run on saturday to scout it out for the poker run later this year???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom