New to me Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up my new Hundy locally last week. 2000, 275,000 miles and lots of mods. Interior is in good shape from what I can tell. New tires, bumpers and lift was all done within last 1,000 miles. WA vehicle its whole life. No rust from what I can tell. Previous owner purchased it, modded it and then didn’t end up like being out on the trail. Good for me.

She needs an alignment pretty bad, looks like the panhard bar is too long and the drivers side wheel sticks out about an inch further than passenger. A level on the front and she should be good to go.

My first Land Cruiser. Excited to get her dirty. I would love to hear people’s feedback!

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3130.jpeg

IMG_3132.jpeg

IMG_3154.png

Sweet rig looks good ! Someone spent a lot of coin on all those mods !!

How do you like the ride quality with the full Ironman setup ?

Sweet rig looks good ! Someone spent a lot of coin on all those mods !!

How do you like the ride quality with the full Ironman setup ?
The receipts were included and yeah, it adds up to almost what I paid.

I like it! But I’m coming from a smaller SUV and still need to learn the truck world. My buddy drove it and said it’s great

That thing is cleaner than the board of health

Also if anyone in the Seattle or surrounding area wants to teach me the ropes I’ll bring food and beer :D

I’d love to get my hands dirty with some wrenching and learn about the rig.

Looks very clean and dry. Those bumpers are slick!

Radiator appears original - keep an eye on it. And, of course, check/replace the heater tees.

Beautiful truck! PO is a fool to give up such a nice Cruiser and to invest so much $ before seeing if they liked the hobby. Joking of course, LCs aren't for everyone, but seriously nice buy.

Nice clean looking 100! It was already mentioned but definitely replace the heater T's and if you're going to be out on the trails, I'd replace the radiator sooner rather than later. When they start turning brown, their reliability is dwindling. Make sure you get the drive shaft U joints and slip joints lubed up as well. Lastly, it looks like there's a stray wire in this picture.

Screenshot 2023-09-28 101142.jpg

Welcome, from another PNW member! Second the above comments about the radiator and heater T-s, good jobs to do at the same time while you have coolant drained down. Otherwise looks like a great buy!

Wow, lots of money invested by PO, nice find!

Besides what was recommended, I'll add: Protect those CATs. Based on the pics I think they're OEMs? Thieves magnet..

awesome find! Also echoing keep an eye on your radiator, looks original. Welcome to mud !

Wow, lots of money invested by PO, nice find!

Besides what was recommended, I'll add: Protect those CATs. Based on the pics I think they're OEMs? Thieves magnet..
How would you go about doing that?
Nice clean looking 100! It was already mentioned but definitely replace the heater T's and if you're going to be out on the trails, I'd replace the radiator sooner rather than later. When they start turning brown, their reliability is dwindling. Make sure you get the drive shaft U joints and slip joints lubed up as well. Lastly, it looks like there's a stray wire in this picture.

View attachment 3442208
Great catch! I’ll figure out where that leads when I get back to her. I know the PO did some setup for some auxiliary devices like lights and maybe gave up?

The vibe I got when I bought it was that he got sick of there always being “one more thing” to do. I bought the LC mostly to do longer road trips where I don’t have to say no to any trail. However, I’m excited to have a project to continue to upgrade over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom