New Cruiserdan product giveaway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dear Dan,

I am a noob. It sucks to be a noob and I need to break that cherry ASAP.

I am a noob with my cruiser. It is a bone stock 92 that has led a life of neglect. It still has some fight left in it at 152K and will be needing some true love in the form of OEM parts.

I am a noob on the forum. While I have lurked and pulled countless tips and advice on turning my once POS cruiser into a go-anywhere camping rig, I have not yet had occasion to significantly add to the dialogue. So I haven't posted.

While I have not earned my place, nor even (yet) been a customer, I in fact am grateful. I am grateful for the advice given on Ih8mud and grateful to have an educated resource for parts.

I would like to humbly submit my submission to the contest and take this time to thank you all and wish a Merry Christmas.

Bump

Gumby said:
Gonna change your sig line back too?

NorCalDoug said:

Doug you are one funny @&@&@&@&er.:D

Gumby too.........:D

Oh and due to my mod status I am not entering in this particular drawing.

Dan already sends me all my parts for free.:grinpimp:

Dear Dan

I should win the $100 so I can use it towards a new rear carpet in the Cruiser. Mine smells permanently like dead deer after hauling 4 of the rascals out of the bush this week.

Well I do not have an essay, but this seems like a good place to say thanks to all that contribute to the forum. Between Dan and the rest of you, my hobby is a blast.:flipoff2:
Merry Christmass

Dan,
Dreading a 2 hour drive today and looking in the rear-view mirror as I merged into holiday traffic heading southbound on I-85 I noticed an ARB bullbar heading towards me. As it approached in the passing lane (I'm in a 3FE, everything passes me) I noticed it was a very well equiped 80 series. "Break necking" as he approached and him doing the same, I held 4 fingers and my CB handset in the air. The other driver knew what that meant because before I could even trun my CB on, he was chattering at me. The first 15 minutes was spent just like everyone else spends when they run into a cruiseraholic, but as we talked I asked him what his "mud nickname" was... silence...
"uh whut?" I heard.
"from Ih8mud, your name on mud" I replied. Surely with one of the most awesome 80 wagons I've seen in this area of the country, he has to be on mud!
"Guess I don't know what that is..." he said.
So the next 15 minutes was spent of me describing the wonderful world of our online brotherhood that, in turn, overflows to in-person brotherhood and he now plans to join in on the fun of this website, TLCA, and even will be attending the MLK run at Tellico in mid-January.
Before I knew it, it was time to say our "until next time's", as he was headed south at the junction of I-65 and I was heading north.
So that's all I have, spreading the word of our brotherhood, one dreadful holiday road trip at a time.

cruiserdan said:
Our prize winner will be chosen based on the best "essay". :D

Contestants will tell why they should win....:D

:cheers: Dan.

If I'm too tired too turn in my own work is it OK just to quote old Captain & Tenille lyrics, or is that an automatic DQ?

In honor of the birthplace of the almighty Landcruiser, I would like to submit my essay in the form of a Japanese Haiku. It is an art so simple and elegant. Only five syllables, then seven, again ending in five, yet they speak a thousand words...

I love IH8MUD
My Landcruiser broke oh shi*t
Dan I need the prize

Dan,
If this doesn't count, let me know and I'll re-word it in English. :cheers:

WET

Last edited:
I aint kissin no butt.

Pretty please sir, may I please have the $100 to keep my wifes 80 on the road. With a newborn and a 2 year old I am spending so much in diapers that I can't afford the PM on her vehicle . I dont want to take food out of our childrens mouth but that knuckle rebuild needs to happen soon!! Please sir, do it for the children. With your help, for less than to price of a grande non-fat vanilla late a day for the month you could make sure that my children are fed and transported in a well maintained 80 series. Again, its the holiday season, do it for the children. Do it cause you care. I know you'll make the right decision. Thanks you.

:) :)

drohweder said:
I aint kissin no butt.

Pretty please sir, may I please have the $100 to keep my wifes 80 on the road. With a newborn and a 2 year old I am spending so much in diapers that I can't afford the PM on her vehicle . I dont want to take food out of our childrens mouth but that knuckle rebuild needs to happen soon!! Please sir, do it for the children. With your help, for less than to price of a grande non-fat vanilla late a day for the month you could make sure that my children are fed and transported in a well maintained 80 series. Again, its the holiday season, do it for the children. Do it cause you care. I know you'll make the right decision. Thanks you.

:) :)

Dan

Please retract my humble submission. This poor pitiful soul needs the $100 alot more than I do :grinpimp:

cruiserdan said:
Our prize winner will be chosen based on the best "essay". :D :cheers: Dan.

It was 1995. The misses and I had just driven 700 to this dusty, dinky, querque town. Seems I had this wild-eye idea to see where I fit in the professional world. The objective … an interview in a new town that neither of us had visited before, though we did make a mini-vacation of it.

At that time I owned two transfercased Toys, a 1982 short-bed mini that I wish I still had, and the 1985 4Runner I still own. Along the drive out I developed a squeal under the hood. Isolating the noise to the PS idler pulley we sought out a Toyota dealer. There were two choices in this town populated by more cows than people, and we chose the one named after some basketball player I'd never heard of.

The friendly guy behind the counter quoted me more money than I was willing to spend, and told me "special order" which did this transient no good. He then told me I could pound out the bearing and replace it with a NAPA part. Now that was real nice of him to save me a few hunderd thousand dollars. I think I like this town as this would never happen at home. This would not be my last positive experience with a local Toyota parts counter.

Well, I really liked my old job, and we really didn't have any excuse to move, but it sounded like a good idea at the time ... so the misses and I picked up our lives and moved them 700 miles east to the wrong side of the Continental Divide. Moving from a place where the summers were easily over 115* to a place where the winters drop to single digits and there is this thing called snow was a cultural shock. We were both hard-core desert rats, with metabolisms more like lizards than polar bears, and I lived in shorts 11.5 months out of the year. But, I must admit, the green chile makes up for it.

In the next few years I would discover the other dealer in town, which was actually closer to where we lived, and the parts folks were just as nice. They even had a lady working behind the counter who gave me this discount for being a “frequent flier.” It’s scary at the time to think I was on a first name basis with the parts department, though now I must admit I’m proud of it.

Later, I would discover this Land Cruiser club in town, and they had this thing for getting stuck in this stuff called snow. In fact, the deeper the better. I also found out the parts manager at said dealer was a Cruiser geek who was giving a better discount to the club members (though he does drive one of those Land Cruisers best suited for sissies and old men). Lucky for me and the misses we discovered the folks in the club at a critical time. When one’s life gets turned upside down it’s essential to have good friends to lean on.

So, here is to the folks that made our lives a lot easier and gave us lots of distractions … to the guys at this podunk-town Toyota dealer who made it possible to afford the diversions I had in the garage ... and to the people I call friends who have helped me keep my sanity during the trying times that followed.

Happy Holidays

(So Dan, how’d I do?):flipoff2: :grinpimp:

Last edited:
let me see...hmmm...I flunked composition...

His name is Cbizkit
And he is the shiznit.
Back on SOR … with the username WTFuc&,
I thought it was cool he could save me a buck.
We had guys like Rogue, Kunz and the man with the 50lb rear axle tool…. Jim,
I decided to pick up the phone and get to know him.
He made a crack about my momma even though he never meat her,
The first receipt I got from him had my model listed as the Beater.
He now knows me well and I enjoy his fun,
He even helped me one time when I needed to dismantle and safely store a gun.
The bizkit frequently, but not obtusely, shares his knowledge,
But I was afraid it was getting too personal when I saw him post about his leakage.
Oh, someday I will meet the man who I have enjoyed his friendship through calls,
But who is that old man a scratchin his balls?
:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I will cover this with a little more detail but Dan already knows the story.My wife call me at work one day at about 9:00 am and said her car wouldn't start and she need to take her sister to the doctor. She wanted to know if she could use the LC.So i said ok for that.At about 10:15 a friend call me and told me wy wife call him and the LC had quit on her but didn't know what to do I told him thanks i would take care of it.When I found them the engine was knocking.My wife said it was low on oil and she had put some in.Her idea of low was 1/2 quart.I was mad because I knew there was a rod knocking and only 103,000 miles on it.I took my sister in law on to the doctors and was asking wy wife questions so I could try to find out what happened.She told me she smelled something burning but didn't know what.At the doctors office she ask me what 2nd was for and I knew what had happen.So I aks her if she had driven in 2nd she said no but I knew better.I ask her again and she said she didn't think so.I ask how many RPMs she said 5000.Now I knew what went wrong.If I hadn't been at the doctors office I would have been screaming but i didn't want to go to jail fo disturbing the peace.After that I got it to a shop I Know and now she is broke I made her pay for most of it.She is not aloud to drive it any more.And the only thing wrong with her car ??????????????????.It was out of gas.When I figured it out i ask her if she had heard the song cause and effect cause you ran out of gas the engine has to be rebuilt effect and !#@&*%.:frown:

Dear Dan,

We are writing this letter to help the fellow that lives in the front of our doghouse. He keeps telling us that he has bought gold dog bowls for your Brittany’s and we feel that we should have them too. When we moved here, it was supposed to be a first rate operation. Admittedly, we have running water and sewage, but no gold dog bowls and we feel the deprivation especially at Christmas time.

We have been busy lately and have been really tied up as you can see. We promise that we will name the biggest SOB we have after you. :D

Merry Christmas and remember to help out, so that our puppies can have gold bowls too.

Spot and Leni
Spot-and-Leni.jpg

It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in torrents--except at occasional intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the streets, rattling along the housetops, and fiercely agitating the scanty flame of the headlights that struggled against the darkness.

I was on my way to Camden South Carolina, but I didnt have to be there at any specific or particular time - which was rather fortunate because just after I crossed the I77 and I20 interchange I happened to see the displaced sod and telltale signs of a vehicle that has skidded off of the roadway. I do not know if the others that had passed by before me even noticed, for I almost missed it myself, but something in the back of my mind said that I should stop and see what had happened - and I thought what if this was a person that really needed help, there might not be anyone else dumb enough to stop so I said to myself that I'm gonna stop and help this motorist.

I put on my hazard lights and got off to the right side of the interstate (it was a shallow wide bank leading down to a drainage ditch) where I turned around in the grass on the right side of the interstate and slowly drove back and then an instant later I see the taillights of a Chevrolet 4x2 extended cab pickup truck that has slid all the way down the side of the shallow embankment and has crossed itself (left front tire down in the ditch - right front tire on the other side of the ditch, right rear tire spinning helplessly throwing mud and dirt everywhere). Thoughts raced thru my mind "If only that poor bastard had a FZJ80" like I had, or "why doesnt he at least have a 4x4 Chebby?", but I realized that even if this was a 4x4 chevy that he would not have had enough articulation to get the job done, but whatever - I guess somebody has to buy those POS Chevy's Ford's and Dodge's, otherwise a lot of Americans would be out of work and our economy would collapse due to the drop in the Dollar vs the Euro and Yen and if that happened the Chinese wouldnt want to send anymore cheap stuff to keep our Walmart shelves full, and we all know what would happen if there weren't any more Walmarts. But I digress-

I maneuver my black 1996 LandCruiser behind the chevy and get out to talk to him & assess the situation. It looks like there isn't any damage to his truck - all his wheels are pointing in the same direction, and when he turns his steering wheel both front tires turn the right direction..... I dont think anything's broken - it simply appears that he cannot get enough traction...... so I back up to his bumper and the driver of the chevy hooks a chain from his rear bumper to my rear bumper and while he's doing that his glasses fall out of his pocket into the cold wet grass and Im standing there thinking "crap I disconnected that thing from the top of my transfer case and if I go into 4lo my transfer case will not lock up and Im not likely to pull this son of a bitch outta here with an unlocked center diff"..... so Im lying on the cold wet grass crawling under my truck trying to find that plug, and trying to find the place on the TC to connect it to but unfortunately I never do find it and after burning myself on the exhaust pipe I say to hell with it and crawl back out from under my truck and walk around to the back where I step on that fella's glasses, and I had a flashback to the time when my dad and I were hunting rabbits in Ohio on Glen Siler's farm and I stepped on that rabbit's head and could feel him wriggling underneath my boot and then cocked the hammer on my H&R .410 shotgun and then slowly lifed the pressure off of the rabbits head to let him get a running start before I hammered him with a full charge of #7's.... you know I just dont think it would have been sporting to shoot him while my foot was on his head plus it would have messed up too much meat..... but at any rate I could feel those glasses under my feet and before I put my full pressure on them I stepped back and picked them up and gave them to him and I told him that he should put it in reverse and just gently give me a little help - not give it too much gas.

So I proceeded to try to pull him out in hi, and I wasnt getting anywhere with it - some old fart in a ford dually pulls up and gives us his two cents and says that it aint gonna work and I proceed to put it in lo and pull that truck out like its not even there.... even though inside I was worried that I was gonna get stuck because I didnt have the center diff locked - I guess the excellent weight distribution of the FZJ80, combined with the wide footprint of my 285 ta ko's at 30 psi was more than enough to get this job done. At any rate - that oldtimer got pissed and hopped into his dually and drove off, and the guy in the Chevy that I just pulled out of the ditch unhooked everything and thanked me and asked me how much he owed me and I said "you dont owe me anything, because C-Dan is gonna have a contest later on this year and Im gonna win it, and use that money to get two keyfobs and a center diff switch".

At any rate there's more to this story but I have to get to work - it is a Monday after all!

Thanks Dan - email me for my shipping address RustyRP@aol.com

I think i should win because i've never won anything in my life, and i like cruiser stuff, and i think Cdan is a swell guy, and i am a ih8mud silver star member, and my post count is really high, and i didn't get anything for my cruiser for christmas, and, if romer will give me the phone number i could call your wife and tell her how much money you spend on cruiser crap. :)

and also, because i just got the secret receipe for Keystone Beer and have a batch of 50 bubbling away as we read awaiting a large box to ship in. :)

Last edited:
Man-o-man.....:eek:

This is really gonna be tough to sort out. :eek:

Sooo many good ones...:D

And still time for a few more...;)

concretejungle said:
and, if romer will give me the phone number i could call your wife and tell her how much money you spend on cruiser crap. :)

Not a chance:D

Do you know what kind of Vodoo magic that would bring down on me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom