New Cruiserdan product giveaway (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BTW for those non starred members, a great Xmas gift for you from someone you love would be $20 for a Silver Star on this site:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=2

It supports this site and keeps it going. It also provides additional benefits to you and allows you to enter the drawings that are limited to star owners only. It's a way for you to give back if you feel your getting something out of this site.

Excelent advice Ken...:D

This particular event does not require a star but they are appreciated.

D-

The Love of Money or Gift...

The Love of Money has always been in more or less disrepute with moralists. They have almost universally assigned to it nearly the lowest place in the scale of human affections. The love of money is really only a phase for the love of a vast number of different things, which may be good, bad, or indifferent, regarded from a moral, religious, aesthetical, political, or medical point of view, but which are alike in one respect namely, that they are all to be had for money, and are not to be had without it. As Solomon said, `A feast is made for laughter, and wine maketh merry; but money answered all things.' The love of money is that universal desire for wealth from which political economists have deduced a theory of commercial values, along with several important truths respecting the conditions of industrial energy and prosperity. Everybody wishes for some kind of wealth, and money is convertible into every other kind; and therefore everybody loves money for some purpose or other, from which we get the laws of competition, prices, wages, profits, and rent. Yet this general principle of pecuniary interest or love of riches by no means explains all the phenomena of the economic world. For it is, as we have said already, only a single expression for a great variety of wants, wishes, and tastes, which are not always the same from age to age, or from country to country, nor felt alike by every individual in any one age or country, and which, moreover, lead to very different consequences as regards the nature, amount, and distribution of wealth, and as regards the material as well as the moral welfare of human society.

P.S Now do I win or what and can I have my $$$ but Dan, I prefer part # 77740-60350 may I? :D

Dear Dan-a-claus

As I sit here watching "Patton", polishing on an M1 rifle and counting my many blessings, I feel a little greedy for trying to enter your contest to win $100 of OEM parts. But the truth is... I could really use some parts. I'd certainly buy from the best parts guy in the world, but I'm running a little short right now as I've donated all my extra cash to the poor unfortunate dogs of the world.

I'm not talking about rescue dogs that already have a home like Eric-Bruisers or Beo's Crocho that had be put down cause of old age. I'm talking about poor little defenseless dogs that get accidentally run over by their owner :crybaby:. Part of these donated fund were also ear marked for the medical bills of unfortunate owners who get the sh!t... opps... I mean the fire bitten out of their hand by the poor little mangled pooch.

Thanks for your consideration, and happy holidays to you and your's,

Rookie2

I bought my first cruiser ('78 FJ40) in ~1986.......blah, blah blah blah

Now ~2005 I have an FZ80....I don't see dead people but I DO do everything I'm told to do by IH8MUD - (except for the socks)..I run toy red coolant, I did the PHH, I redid the front axle, I added a cargo area light, I put in new OEM rotors and 100 series pads. I apsire to be ROW some day but enough about me lets talk about you....YOU should declare me the winner of your crazed knitting needle contest so I can get some OEM rubber hoses to address a patch of red crusty I noticed this very morning as I checked the rig so my wife and 2 kids and 2 hampsters (don't ask) could hit the road....I'll catch up with them on Friday and be sure to raise a glass to the CDAN the pahts (that's "Boston" for parts) man....

Kind regards and thanks for being the.....best.....(I'm getting all weepy)....darned.....Toyota parts...(sniff)...guy....and..so....much more... EVER....:cheers:

PS: I aplogize for continuing to type after the blah blah section...

Rob "stayalert" M

Essay shcmessay!

Hi Dan,

Rememeber when we were kids and I taught you the importance of fishing, hunting, and all the cool things that you still like to do in general? Well its payback time my friend. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Rob M

A hundred dollars worth of OEM parts? From CruiserDan?

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to take the gloves off for this. Please, don't take offense, but we're talking about a hundred dollars here.

Before I get too deep into why I might be better suited to win, I'd like to start by stating who I think should NOT win this contest. Let's narrow down the field a bit. Remove the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

First of all, CruiserDan represents American Toyota. Not North American Toyota. Not Central or South American Toyota. Folks, please don't take this the wrong way, but I personally feel that anyone not living in the United States of America should not be eligible to win. Come on, let's be realistic about this -- do you really want to deal with customs? Shipping across borders is a royal pain in the rear. Conversion of loonies, pesos, bolivianos, or yen to dollars? Honestly, besides Christo, who can quickly convert dollars to rands? No, let's keep this simple...let's keep this in America. Now, before you get your toques in a bunch -- this doesn't mean you Canadians, Norwegians, or Panamanians can't participate; by all means, submit your essays! But if you want to win, you better find a way to get inside our borders before the end of this year -- if you're serious about it, you'd better start packing now.

Next...moderators. Sorry guys. I know you do a great job and are rarely thanked enough for the job you do. We love you guys here, we really do. But I don't think moderators should be allowed to participate. If one of you won, people might think something fishy happened. I'm not saying that the allegations would be true. No, I know, in my heart, that nothing could be farther from the truth. I know that CruiserDan is an upstanding forum member and a gentleman -- he would never do anything sneaky or underhanded...but I'm sure you guys can see how it might look to some people. No, they wouldn't come out and post it, but I'm sure many would think, "Oh...a moderator won again...greeeeeaaaaat...". Besides, most contests have a "employee, family members of employees, sponsors, etc." non-eligibility-type-clause. Seems pretty much like a standard clause for most contests these days.

White and Gold Stars. Don't have one? Then you can't win. I don't think a person without a star should be eligible for the prize. As I see it, no star equals no commitment to the forum. With this forum being the single best technical resource anywhere on the internet for Land Cruisers, in my humble opinion, a person who displays no commitment to this forum tells me that they have no commitment to the upkeep of their Land Cruiser. This is not the type of person who deserves to win.

Women. Ladies, I love you all and sincerely appreciate all you do, so please, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you should be eligible either. Allowing you to participate will only encourage more women to join in this activity. Sometimes guys just need an escape. A place to go or a thing to do where there's just other guys around. Way back when, we men had "the hunt". We hunted, you ladies gathered. This was a good thing. We could "scratch ourselves", burp, fart...do whatever we wanted to do, during "the hunt". Times have changed. We no longer have "the hunt". But that hasn't changed is the fact that we still need "the hunt" -- we still need something that we can do..with just the guys. We used to be able to escape by watching sports -- back in the old days when women didn't give a lick about sports. It was nice back then...a guy could lose himself in the action on the diamond, on the gridiron, or within the turnbuckles without distraction. But slowly, you all found a way to creep into this world. Female sports fans? Meh. We men NEED this. This activity needs to remain a MAN thing. You have your thing -- you don't see us butting into your bunco group do you? It's not that we don't want to play bunco...it's just that we understand and appreciate your instinctual need "to gather". Please, let us have this.

There. That should help to narrow the field a bit.

Why am I deserving of winning the prize? To be honest, I don't know that I can give a reason that's any better than what others might give. I'm sure others here might think that they could put this prize to as good a use as I know I can. I have a list of parts that I need, but I won't bore you with the details. I could argue that I have twice the needs of some of you since I have two 80s to maintain, but none of you really care about that.

All I can really say is that I'd like to win.
Maybe a little more than the next guy.

So, no bribes. No sob stories. No weak cut-n-paste jobs (come one guys...REALLY...you ought to be ashamed of yourselves!).

I appreciate your consideration in selecting myself as the winner.

Cheers!
Doug

Now...let me figure out a way to get Shahram and Garth onto The Ultimate Thread over there in the Chat forum...if I can keep them occupied long enough, they might not have time to enter. White Shark is already there... :idea: Maybe a pit bull thread will keep him distracted long enough...hmmmm...

<DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not necessarily the opinions of the author but merely a submission of prose for consideration in a contest. These statements should, in no way, be should interpreted as being those of the site owner, forum moderators, the contest judge, or any forum members. The statements do not represent the rules of this contest; they should not be interpreted as being such...yadda, yadda, yadda...>

Last edited:
Well Doug, I am surprised you didn't say you had to have good weather to receive the box (california) and have sufficient girth and strength to carry it in.

I am not playing because I started the thread. However, in the other drawings, Woody picks the winner using a random number generator. He does allow the mods to play.

Also, since this is coming out of Dan's Toyota Parts budget and he sells to all mud members, it is his choice who he opens it up to.

Sorry

We of course encourage every member to get a star to support Woody. We feel this site is a bargin.

landtank said:
Planning a trail run up Brokeback mountain?
:D
I would, but rumor has it that a trail run is already in the works... ;)

I almost forgot.

Doug on the Woman part, I pity you when Ige (nuclearlemon) reads that. She could probably kick both our asses at the same time.

Romer said:
Well Doug, I am surprised you didn't say you had to have good weather to receive the box (california) and have sufficient girth and strength to carry it in.

I am not playing because I started the thread. However, in the other drawings, Woody picks the winner using a random number generator. He does allow the mods to play.

Also, since this is coming out of Dan's Toyota Parts budget and he sells to all mud members, it is his choice who he opens it up to.

Sorry

We of course encourage every member to get a star to support Woody. We feel this site is a bargin.

I didn't mean to imply that there ever has been nor ever would be anything that's not above the board.

I also didn't mean to imply that moderators should never be allowed to particpate in contests...

I was only trying to reduce the competetive field a bit.

I'll edit my post to include a disclaimer.

:cheers:

Romer said:
I almost forgot.

Doug on the Woman part, I pity you when Ige (nuclearlemon) reads that. She could probably kick both our asses at the same time.

I knew the possible implications when I wrote it. Depending on how she take it...I might need to rethink my attendance at CM06 :eek:

EDIT: disclaimer added to original submission...do you think it'll help?

One more thing...maybe this will clarify my intent. The entire post should be considered as my submission. I wasn't trying to set or change the rules of the contest. I guess I didn't make that clear. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hmm,

I seem to remember a moderator jacking with a thread of mine once....:idea:

I can't remember who did it but those guys are all the same anyway.....:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
<DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not necessarily the opinions of the author but merely a submission of prose for consideration in a contest. These statements should, in no way, be should interpreted as being those of the site owner, forum moderators, the contest judge, or any forum members. The statements do not represent the rules of this contest; they should not be interpreted as being such.>

Um Doug,

You fergot the "yadda, yadda, yadda" part............:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
I would, but rumor has it that a trail run is already in the works... ;)

You were suppossssssssssed to keep a bloody lid on that .. :mad:

:flipoff2:

NorCalDoug said:
One more thing...maybe this will clarify my intent. The entire post should be considered as my submission. I wasn't trying to set or change the rules of the contest. I guess I didn't make that clear. :cheers:

That's exactly how I read it. :grinpimp:

now then, one like that with Rick's beer as a kicker ....just....might........;p

cruiserdan said:
Hmm,

I seem to remember a moderator jacking with a thread of mine once....:idea:

I can't remember who did it but those guys are all the same anyway.....:flipoff2:

It wasn't me Dan, I think it was my predessesor:bounce:

So you think I'm the same as Junk:rolleyes:

No Vodoo my way, please:eek:

Romer said:
So you think I'm the same as Junk:rolleyes:

No, not at all.

He has blonde hair...........:flipoff2:

cruiserdan said:
Um Doug,

You fergot the "yadda, yadda, yadda" part............:flipoff2:

Edited again.

:grinpimp:

Case 'o Keystone or preferred adult beverage is simply a trip to the UPS store away...

...uhhh...but then I'd need to change the part about bribes...
...not that I'd let that stop me :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom