My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did you do all black bolts on your build? I would like to do the same on my 74 hopefully without painting them. So far all i can find is stainless and yellow. If i missed it somewhere in the thread I'm sorry. Thanks.

I love how that little trailer opens up into its own tent city or command center. Like a transformer toy!
G1OmegaSupreme_toy.jpg

looking awesome as usual! man i love this setup

Just took a week off and headed north to Idaho. It was an awesome trip and the 40 and trailer did great! Got a couple thunderstorms and downpours, but everything was water tight. This was the longest trip in UZJ40 by far, but no complaints! The AC and cruise control were definitely nice on the long stretches! The water temp never got above 208 degrees, despite some long, steep grades with the AC on and trailer full. I averaged 14.8 mpg and kept it between 65-70 the whole time.

I really enjoyed having fresh water and a cold fridge everywhere I went as well. Having access to cold drinks wherever you happen to be is extremely convenient. I might drag that trailer around with me more often now!

Just over 1650 miles... most of that was accomplished in 2 days of driving

20170630_212121.jpg

The open roads of NV. This is somewhere between Ely and Wells. I love driving in Nevada. It has more mountains than any of the other lower 48.

20170630_153613.jpg

In greener territory

DSC00774.jpg

Along the Payette River on Hwy 55. I miss this area a lot... many good childhood memories in McCall and on the Payette River

20170628_202409_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Cool shot of the storm by camp

DSC0056111.jpg

And an awesome sunset that same night

DSC0052112.jpg

Last edited:
Wife and I went out to Valley of Fire the other night to enjoy an amazing sunset! Still enjoying the trailer setup, and so far, wouldn't change anything about it. We are taking it to Durango/Telluride area in August and are really excited to use it!

Hopefully my pictures will be better from here on out. Finally got an actual camera, so no more phone pictures!

DSC0067811.jpg

DSC0069611.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00740.jpg

Just wow

Such a tight build, both truck and all accessories. Glad it's working so well, it's been great to follow so keep it up and thanks for sharing.

I am a stock rocks kind of guy, but what a sweet build you have there!!!! Really enjoyed the pics, where is Valley Of Fire where you camped?? Looks serene.............

Damn, he's at it again - having all that fun....

Keep on truckin' :steer:

@jetranger WOW! is right! What a beautiful rig and photos!!!

Wife and I (and dog) just got back from an amazing 7 day trip! We were luck enough to be joined by @allan man for a couple days as well!

Vegas -> Zion -> Page/Lake Powell -> Monument Valley -> Durango CO -> Silverton CO -> Telluride CO -> Flagstaff -> Vegas

Left Vegas at 4am and we were greeted by an awesome sunrise on the way to Zion

DSC00944111.jpg

We rolled in to Zion around 8am. For those that haven't been, put it on your list!

DSC00950.jpg

DSC00954.jpg

Next, Page AZ! We spent a few hours at Lone Rock and had lunch on the beach.

DSC00972.jpg

Our original plan was to stay the night on the beach, but it was so crowded, and we felt like driving a bit more, so off we went!

We made it to Monument Valley just as the sun was setting and we saw some awesome rain showers all around! We set up a quick camp and got some sleep before it got dark!

DSC00982.jpg

DSC00985.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

DSC01015.jpg

Last edited:
Day 2, headed to Durango! Woke up very near Monument, so got a few more pictures before we took off-

DSC01043.jpg

And of course, stopped by Mexican Hat real quick

DSC01046.jpg

We made it to Durango and stayed in a hotel that night. It was right on the river so we took advantage. Onyx loved it!

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

Last edited:
Next morning, we drove the 550 (Million Dollar Hwy) and it was quite amazing! It didn't take long to get to Silverton, so we looked for a nice place to camp and hit a trail.

We got a great camp site next to a creek at the Bandora Mine. We left the trailer there and went up to Clear Lake. It was the most amazing water I've ever seen. Ice cold and over 12,000'.

DSC01216.jpg

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01162.jpg

After we returned back to camp, we had a delicious dinner and watched the sun set

DSC01217.jpg

The next morning we hit an easy trail. It was Kendall Mtn just east of Silverton. @allan man joined in his awesome 80 series!

Overlooking the 550 highway coming in from Durango to Silverton

DSC01273.jpg

A few patches of snow here and there... a nice change in August from the 100 degree Vegas days

DSC01316.jpg

My wife loved the huge dandelions!

DSC01142.jpg

Woke up early the next morning for Black Bear Pass into Telluride, then Ophir Pass heading back to Silverton. What an awesome day... one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done and I will surely not forget it!

The climb up Black Bear Rd from the 550

DSC01350.jpg

DSC01368.jpg

Stairs leading down to the switchbacks overlooking Telluride

DSC01390.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

Hitting the switchbacks

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01484.jpg