Muffler shop CLT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_9929.JPG
Anyone know of a good muffler shop in CLT-my last one in Raleigh lasted maybe 2 years....this happened while driving and scared the sh$t out of me.

Timmy at A1 Exhaust in Fort Mill.
803-547-1099
1448 Harris Rd
Fort Mill, SC 29715

He really doesn't like having vehicles left overnight (no secure area) but he did great work on my 80 and was super affordable. Didn't balk at my asking for a custom fit high & tight run. He's done stuff for others here, too.

That should be a nice loud drive to Fort Mill!

Friends really recommended Boulevard Muffler in Belmont - 5933 Wilkinson Blvd
I forgot about him. @forrest5000 has used him. I gave up after 10 unanswered phone calls over 4 days. I hope that was just a fluke.

I just got my annual inspection notice from NCDMV on the Turdle. I had noticed a few small rust holes in the original tail pipe so I decided to be proactive and take it in for some exhaust work prior to inspection day. I took the Turd over to Boulevard Muffler, mentioned earlier in this thread. It is best to just go by there. Buck, the owner is a good guy and he does fantastic work. When he's under a car, he doesn't answer the phone. I had him to replace the exhaust from the cat back on the 60. We went with 2.5" and used a Flowmaster knock-off chambered muffler. We'll call it a "Fauxmaster." With the factory cat in place, I can barely tell any difference in the noise level compared with stock. I decided not to route the exhaust out the back like OEM because the tail pipe has a tendency to get smashed by the bumper. I did the rear quarter dump instead. Roughly six feet of custom bent 2.5 pipe and a "performance"muffler, three hangers and labor included was $125 plus tax. Needless to say I tipped him well.

IMG_4128[1].JPG
IMG_4130[1].JPG

Check you timming and your carb, you're probably sending too much fuel to the exhaust system and the unburnt fuel detonated in your exhaust.

Or a bad wire/ plug/ misfire, leaving raw fuel. Two years on a muffler seems very wrong

After crushing the repair O2 sensor in the WV woods, I realized I needed not just the 02, but the whole catback system redone as rust was holding it together. Tried Buddy’s Muffler Shop in Belmont, amazing reviews from google maps, and they did the whole thing for under $200. Excellent job glad to see craftsmanship like this still exist and we don’t have to go to Midas.
The new muffler is about 2/3 the size of old one, and didn’t need a resonator, it’s very quiet, which was what I was shooting for. Great job, highly recommended.
F50F648A-5CF0-4218-B997-D291B13C8DF1.jpeg

764F3DD6-7718-4387-8C54-BE1C9FCA3C99.jpeg

47619B46-3E64-49C8-96BC-63C98C02B6BD.jpeg

New muffler and O2 sensor bung installed
EF8E7869-6210-471B-B13C-5F39E9AF0C0D.jpeg

The tail pipe was cut diagonally just before and above the rear bumper, since my rear bumper likes to sit on rocks so much.

6F450217-2711-4BBD-9DC1-AE15523EA644.jpeg

Is that a 71/72 Riviera on the left in that garage pic? Hard to tell with no headlight surrounds, no bumper and no hood.

I need my entire exhaust system redone so this is fantastic news. Meineki wanted $2k last year and I am thankful I hard passed

Bumping an old thread.

Any new exhaust shops that any would recommend?

I tried Timmy at A-1 but he doesn't have the equipment to flare 3" pipe. He can do slip on though but as far as fabbing goes he can only do up to 2.5" pipe.

About a year ago, I had great success by following @roadstr6 ’s advise and taking some cash over to Buck in Belmont at Boulevard muffler… great convo and craftsmanship but no frills or fancy waiting room. You’ll need to just show up, he doesn’t answer the phone.
0CD6C72A-7A27-419E-874A-F0A4060BA7B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom