Meet Steve (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, built one for another pig, but going to use on this one , need to change transfer case to fit. Then 3:70s and it should run down the highway at a decent speed. Still won’t keep up with Deo, but not as far behind
So Steve is in garage, carb just rebuilt, fuel tank rust next(as soon as back gets better. But first mouse urine smell in Steve and garage has wifey not happy. So im thinking wire wheel removal of rust, then Por15. any thoughts?, I know some guys prefer an Eastwood product?
IMG_2601.jpg
IMG_2600.jpg
IMG_2599 (2).jpg

Since you have the headliner out, get something with a spray tube and spray the crap down in the gutter area. Then spray it down the pillars. I did use Eastwood internal frame spray. Spray some kind of rust converter at the least.
Yep, when I saw this I wondered how far it had gone and what to do. The search begins. Thanks for the input

I like Corroseal since it's water based and doesn't need to be top coated. I plan on using it in every cavity I can get it into. There are many good rust converter products out there but most need something else on top to be effective.

I like Corroseal since it's water based and doesn't need to be top coated. I plan on using it in every cavity I can get it into. There are many good rust converter products out there but most need something else on top to be effective.
Second on the Corroseal. We use it extensively up here in the land of salt and winter misery. Pro-Tip: Don't use one of those sponge type brushes to apply. They melt into a purple goo that is really tough to get off.

Second on the Corroseal. We use it extensively up here in the land of salt and winter misery. Pro-Tip: Don't use one of those sponge type brushes to apply. They melt into a purple goo that is really tough to get off.

$30 a gallon on Amazon. Works great.

20201116_140105.jpg

Found a small space on drivers floor with rust through, missed that on inspection, pto winch blinded me! oh well, not sure i would be paying my dues if there wasnt some rust.
So im thinking Por15 on floors after repairs, also need to get something down pillars to stop any rust there-thoughts welcome

Plans for Steve is to be a camping rig, will get 5 spd, 3:70 gearing, disc brakes all around, long range fuel tank, decent sound system. Goes to Valley Hybrids in Jan. for this phase 1. I have just received carb back rebuilt from Georg.
But first mouse pee smell is gagging me, starting on thatView attachment 2530308

All these 5-speeds!

Someday...

I used POR15 on my Pig and the 3-step system takes a decent amount of pre-preparation. I used paint brush on any surfaces that were hidden like inside of the doors and body and sprayed outside panels. I used the POR15 topcoat primer and it works well, goes on thick, and dry sands well. (POR 15 doesn't play well with other primers apparently unless you light sand it first or spray while still tacky). Make sure and buy the POR SOLVENT if you go this route.

I tried to pull a POR 15 soaked sponge on wire through body pillars with limited success. Also tried POR 15 in those cheap aerosol paint sprayers and flooded inside the roofline. It was pouring out all the lower seams but probably only got 60% of the surface. Opted to go with perforated headliner so breathes and doesn't trap moisture.

Don't get POR 15 on your skin as once dry it doesn't come off. Wish Patina look would have been the rage back when I started.

Man, I might try those 4:10s for a while. With the 5 speed and possible 33" tires the 3:70 gears might be too high. My way of thinking is who cares that much about fuel savings in a 55 and with the 4:10s you get a little off road first gear grunt.
[/QUOTE//]
George says 1 st gear w 3;70 w/5spd is lower than 1st w/4 spd. We’ll see . Love the look of the 33s, if they don’t work, someone will get a deal

Man, I might try those 4:10s for a while. With the 5 speed and possible 33" tires the 3:70 gears might be too high. My way of thinking is who cares that much about fuel savings in a 55 and with the 4:10s you get a little off road first gear grunt.
Georg just finished a 55 with 5spd, 3:70, with 33s, said it drove great

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom