Builds mcgaskins' 2013 build thread - Palladium (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys, what does it matter?
As soon as he builds it in its most badass form, he will sell it and it will vanish from ih8mud forever.
While we cry, he will use our tears to buy a lifted high top Quigley conversion E350 dually van to wheel.
But don't fret, nine months later, he will then be back with a new 200 build. 😜
Lather, rinse, repeat. 😜

That's odd, at 100K?

It is a bit odd, and I'll give a more full report once it's back. Some parts had to be ordered, so I think it will be another week. Good news is warranty covered the majority and I elected to replace some additional things while they're in there. While not ideal, it isn't a huge deal because I only drive it for very infrequent trips now. More to come.

Guys, what does it matter?
As soon as he builds it in its most badass form, he will sell it and it will vanish from ih8mud forever.
While we cry, he will use our tears to buy a lifted high top Quigley conversion E350 dually van to wheel.
But don't fret, nine months later, he will then be back with a new 200 build. 😜
Lather, rinse, repeat. 😜

Am I that predictable? 😆 Interestingly enough, I already found the next project, and it is unlikely to surprise anyone! More to come.

JUST TELL US ABOUT THE BUMPER! WHATS IN THE BUMPER?

Ok, ok! :) If you've read my posts in the past, you have likely seen me recommend Slee often. The reason is that Slee is truly a world leader in creating Land Cruiser products, and their crew is exceptionally talented and friendly. They give a lot back to the community sponsoring many of the events we love, teaching others in real life on the trail and on forums, and working to keep trails open on our behalf. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for them, so when my buddy @use2bn83 called me one morning and said "hey so we got this prototype rear 200 series bumper do you want it? It's the no swingout kind like you like. Oh ya it has a lot of aluminum so it's really light too" o_Oo_Oo_O

I highly doubt Jackson made it all the way through the word want before I said yes even though I wouldn't get to see what it looked like or what it would cost until it was installed. To be fair, I'm sure they would have sent me pictures beforehand, but I didn't need to see it. Slee's original products are always so perfectly proportioned and well designed I wasn't concerned in the slightest. I had planned to go with the same ARB non swingout I've had in the past, so it was essentially a dream come true to have this option come up. I cannot give all the specifics about potential future availability or pricing, but I can say it's only ~71 pounds and and a mix of aluminum and steel with beautiful built in recovery points. It retains the factory parking sensors in nice grommets, and I was able to test fit a hitch pin and Hitchlink with no problem through the cutouts. The angles and corners are beautiful, and the bumper gives the 200 a perfectly balanced profile in my opinion. Although @sleeoffroad says this is a prototype bumper, the powdercoat and overall quality is phenomenal and looks production.

I only did a short bit of snow wheeling so far, but I will be taking the 200 on a few trips soon including Cruise Moab and LCDC and will get to test departure angle and how solid it is. Thank you @sleeoffroad @use2bn83 and everyone at the shop for letting me assist with field research - I truly appreciate it! 🙏

ACtC-3fLF51UWsIZjBe5L5woiMa6tb3Ns1tzb95FmrBvEgPyix_R3nNzmeZTz-e-kCYXIOl3bstUecwmKyMSpqpSaTNDPXQK3DOydFzbFGHqIvMEVxOB49MpW9noJa5wDJK6WDL55ntDGp2r25Hih1i6D_E_6Q=w1247-h937-no

ACtC-3fH894hTK2Y-XBZMffQPh6CTTI5bA5F4G2tifjmAwbO4sEu1bgBm2HIMz440pHqHKqzwixpSknN3UTZHYyy6RnitxvRHm2cjcWVlOjxShHy-_eDvwDfbvTWRm8EFUnRMFnx2BEWXS4wbwu46ngPyrTIWA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3eaD_w0adGM76hV0AH6ka_MRRqYcAkXzCfl0D5Id642OxwkySyn0gpcq7itpmEpaghryS4eAim2rtlp5_1R6NSHhDE2blcSSBrpm0fIpWHIm0bpRy5LhJWN882WHxmlYJoTiM7VLMCRxjdTiuuoyArQOQ=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3emgI0qEZaOX2JuhX7LD7Ahvjvq9VWwYI-nq4GIFo82V2vEfeYyRCwfwacJSg04DojRpRtE3CazbgvCTCyUQ7JLJ-tn8ZiU0K63GfcDT93vFEfLAikLu5qENPTAUiZFCbXN4rNMjSYW66KA5AQ0AG65tw=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3f1qUgqfxbmj4vZkPFIGnr4-F6qmf-NJrgkIPTokZ1FAlXRVb-2AC9_5EXNpOaO9Zmc9-6XJYs3FbCPYDe220r-BPH7CtDMhej77zdYZwINjgjd4sPnFXqm_0JEabSVI0hP_cA601tyDamcdLlEXdLIwQ=w703-h937-no

Last edited:
I see you already have the license plate for your next one. Will it be an R1S?

See...that's my dream bumper down to a T. I thought it was something from Slee based upon the lines. Why don't you go ahead and ship it to me and I'll go ahead and use it?

clean and simple. I hate that I love it! Add it to the todo list........

That bumper with a couple of light duty swingouts for fuel would be great. The current production SLEE bumper is really nice but I don't need the tire carrier, ladder or weight penalty. Watching with interest.

Truck looks great!

Ok, ok! :) If you've read my posts in the past, you have likely seen me recommend Slee often. The reason is that Slee is truly a world leader in creating Land Cruiser products, and their crew is exceptionally talented and friendly. They give a lot back to the community sponsoring many of the events we love, teaching others in real life on the trail and on forums, and working to keep trails open on our behalf. I have a lot of respect and appreciation for them, so when my buddy @use2bn83 called me one morning and said "hey so we got this prototype rear 200 series bumper do you want it? It's the no swingout kind like you like. Oh ya it has a lot of aluminum so it's really light too" o_Oo_Oo_O

I highly doubt Jackson made it all the way through the word want before I said yes even though I wouldn't get to see what it looked like or what it would cost until it was installed. To be fair, I'm sure they would have sent me pictures beforehand, but I didn't need to see it. Slee's original products are always so perfectly proportioned and well designed I wasn't concerned in the slightest. I had planned to go with the same ARB non swingout I've had in the past, so it was essentially a dream come true to have this option come up. I cannot give all the specifics about potential future availability or pricing, but I can say it's only ~71 pounds and and a mix of aluminum and steel with beautiful built in recovery points. It retains the factory parking sensors in nice grommets, and I was able to test fit a hitch pin and Hitchlink with no problem through the cutouts. The angles and corners are beautiful, and the bumper gives the 200 a perfectly balanced profile in my opinion. Although @sleeoffroad says this is a prototype bumper, the powdercoat and overall quality is phenomenal and looks production.

I only did a short bit of snow wheeling so far, but I will be taking the 200 on a few trips soon including Cruise Moab and LCDC and will get to test departure angle and how solid it is. Thank you @sleeoffroad @use2bn83 and everyone at the shop for letting me assist with field research - I truly appreciate it! 🙏

ACtC-3fLF51UWsIZjBe5L5woiMa6tb3Ns1tzb95FmrBvEgPyix_R3nNzmeZTz-e-kCYXIOl3bstUecwmKyMSpqpSaTNDPXQK3DOydFzbFGHqIvMEVxOB49MpW9noJa5wDJK6WDL55ntDGp2r25Hih1i6D_E_6Q=w1247-h937-no

ACtC-3fH894hTK2Y-XBZMffQPh6CTTI5bA5F4G2tifjmAwbO4sEu1bgBm2HIMz440pHqHKqzwixpSknN3UTZHYyy6RnitxvRHm2cjcWVlOjxShHy-_eDvwDfbvTWRm8EFUnRMFnx2BEWXS4wbwu46ngPyrTIWA=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3eaD_w0adGM76hV0AH6ka_MRRqYcAkXzCfl0D5Id642OxwkySyn0gpcq7itpmEpaghryS4eAim2rtlp5_1R6NSHhDE2blcSSBrpm0fIpWHIm0bpRy5LhJWN882WHxmlYJoTiM7VLMCRxjdTiuuoyArQOQ=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3emgI0qEZaOX2JuhX7LD7Ahvjvq9VWwYI-nq4GIFo82V2vEfeYyRCwfwacJSg04DojRpRtE3CazbgvCTCyUQ7JLJ-tn8ZiU0K63GfcDT93vFEfLAikLu5qENPTAUiZFCbXN4rNMjSYW66KA5AQ0AG65tw=w1250-h937-no

ACtC-3f1qUgqfxbmj4vZkPFIGnr4-F6qmf-NJrgkIPTokZ1FAlXRVb-2AC9_5EXNpOaO9Zmc9-6XJYs3FbCPYDe220r-BPH7CtDMhej77zdYZwINjgjd4sPnFXqm_0JEabSVI0hP_cA601tyDamcdLlEXdLIwQ=w703-h937-no

Looks fantastic!

Will Slee be putting this rear bumper into production?

It is suspiciously not body colored @mcgaskins. Are you going to color match it?
I was curious about that, too. Seems like it would look pretty sharp if it was color-matched.

I was waiting for photos. :) Thanks Matt for all of the kind words, I’ll share them with the team that put this bumper together. We appreciate your support. We are working to get this bumper into production. I don’t have a current eta, but I’m super excited for it.

Cheers!

I was waiting for photos. :) Thanks Matt for all of the kind words, I’ll share them with the team that put this bumper together. We appreciate your support. We are working to get this bumper into production. I don’t have a current eta, but I’m super excited for it.

Cheers!

Jackson, will the bumper be available with swingouts? Just need something to carry fuel. Do you have estimated weight?

Jackson, will the bumper be available with swingouts? Just need something to carry fuel. Do you have estimated weight?

As of now, we are not planning to offer it with swingouts.

The shell is 39lbs (aluminum). Total with frame brackets, recover points, and hardware is approximately 71lbs.

Great option for those running 33's that don't need the swing outs. I like what I see and the weight is fantastic.

Awesome! Except that resonator looks like a 90 year-old’s huevo dangling down 😂
Time to chop chop!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom