For Sale Magnuson supercharger for 1fz motor FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
As many of you know Magnuson was the manufacturer of the OEM Toyota Dealer option supercharger. When Toyota gave up this program, Magnuson got the rights to sell them directly. I got set up as a distributor and when Magnuson decided to stop selling them, I bought out the rest of the inventory. I have two of them to sell now.

Price for the supercharger is $5,000 shipped to your door for TLCA/MUD members in the continental US. This is not my business, just something I did to help out members. This price point is cash or check price. End of the day, net of any credit card fees, need to get to the $5,000 number. If you live in Kansas, I have to charge sales tax. If not, there is not any sales tax charged.

Shipping takes about 5 to 7 business days from when I have cleared payment to when it is at your door. I stock these now, so there is no delay in shipping or waiting on manufacturing.

Kit contains everything you really need for the install, except for some FIPG (form in place gasket), blue Loctite, and you may need some antifreeze if you don't catch it all.

Instructions are really pretty good. This supercharger is the exact same thing as what Toyota sold, because Magnuson made it. The only difference is that when Toyota sold it, it had TRD on the side or Kazuma, and now it says Magnuson.

Other mods.... you may think about adding an electric fan or Landtank's fan clutch. I am not convinced this is needed, unless you are in mountains (heavy load) often. I added a boost gauge too. Not needed, just lets me know when it is working, and how hard.

http://absolute-wits-end.com/80-series-1fz-fe-modified-oem-toyota-blue-fan-clutch/

Wits end also has the stickers for you....

To keep an eye on your engine temp, I highly recommend using a scan gauge or KOYO slim gauge. I recommend this for any 1FZ motor, with or without supercharger.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/koso-slim-water-temp-gauge-install.574207/

I have a 97 that was fully loaded with kids and gear and we went from KC to MOAB in 2015. Blew up the continental divide at 65-70MPH with stock gears.

Performance is just a constant power band. This is not a chirp the tires power, just a constant available passing kind of power.

Last edited:
I'd love to buy one now but I'm a bit off from the price. What else should be changed out installing the supercharger on a 97 with 234k miles? Cooling system was replaced 2-3 years ago, no running issues but she burns a little oil.

Instagram video by Samuel Tatiersky • Nov 6, 2016 at 3:38pm UTC

Instagram video by Samuel Tatiersky • Jan 2, 2017 at 12:13am UTC

I can't say enough positives about my transaction with @2fpower. The shipping was quick and customer service was above and beyond. Background on my rig. I did the head gasket 8k miles ago along with all the other goodies (I don't have the blue fan clutch mod or additional cooling fan) so I was ready. I run 175-180 temps right now with the outside being btw 30-50. After my install it was about 85 outside and the temp never went above 194. The supercharger it self. On the highway I can keep up with modern traffic no problem. I'm sitting on 35's and stock gears. The trans is not hunting for gears anymore. The lx just pulls. Off road there is a difference as well. The low end torque....I hardly have to touch the throttle to get over obstacles. It was an expensive upgrade but if I had to do it again. I would especially dealing with @2fpower

IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0544.JPG
IMG_6583.JPG

Very cool that you set up to sell these @2fpower . Sorry to hear Magnusson bailed. Just prior to Magnusson reintroducing these, there were a ton of people bummed they couldn't get one. I know we don't all have $4250 right in our pockets, but just remember there are TWO LEFT!

I'd love to buy one now but I'm a bit off from the price. What else should be changed out installing the supercharger on a 97 with 234k miles? Cooling system was replaced 2-3 years ago, no running issues but she burns a little oil.

Honestly, if it were mine, I would do head gasket as preventitive maintenance. Your adding up to 6 lbs of boost, so just asking that head gasket to pop. MUCH easier to do head gasket before failure.

Total positive and thumbs up for 2fpower, Im a happy supercharged user on a '97.
Thanks again!

Would this kit work on a 94 pre obd2?

There are threads out there explaining how to add it to a pre 95'. It is definately more work; however, I believe that @cruiserdan has this setup.

93-94 needs some type of fuel enrichment to keep from going lean and frying pistons. I went with methanol injection 14 years ago. It still works.

Water injection for forced induction.

One more happy MUD member, and one more supercharger gone.

Still one more for sale now.

And the second one is gone.

I am holding a few back for local members, so for now that is all I have for sale.

If you cant move any of the last few you are saving...please let me know

TIA

Wanted to say thanks to 2fpower. Bought one of his "Last 2" superchargers about a week ago. Awesome transaction! He has been extremely helpful in answering the 2 million questions I sent him. Thanks again Sir!

My pleasure working with all the MUD members to get a "boost" in their step.

Sad this is coming to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom