Builds Lynchburg Lemonade, matzell's STW (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there someone local in Va making those body panels for the 40?
Yes, I am having them made. They have everything set up in their computer, I just have to call and they can them cut out and roll the corner.

Yes, I am having them made. They have everything set up in their computer, I just have to call and they can them cut out and roll the corner.

Any chance you can share the computer data? I’m about to DIY some quarter panels for my 40 and this would make everything a million times easier! I’m in Oklahoma so having your shop fabricate and ship them probably wouldn’t make much sense unfortunately.

Any chance you can share the computer data? I’m about to DIY some quarter panels for my 40 and this would make everything a million times easier! I’m in Oklahoma so having your shop fabricate and ship them probably wouldn’t make much sense unfortunately.
I do not think they will release it, Plus I did a bit of leg work as well. I did just order 4 more sets today, lots of local interest...

I thought he stopped selling them.
Bud-built makes some, he uses a brake to bend the radius, lots of little bends. His are nice, but I wanted a smooth radius.

Looks like everyone is making them a little different. I should have mine installed in the next few weeks, I hope and you can see how they attach. I am cutting out the stock metal and putting these in.

Not much progress this week. More in my head than actual work!
Rear axle is ready to go in and I will set the pinion axle and burn in some new spring mounts.
Front zip locker is installed and back in the housing. I need to clean up the knuckles and install them. I already opened up the ends to accept the larger birfs.

I am not sure if I mentioned but these are both fine spline 4:10 diffs.

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

1978 fine spline, or FJ62?

1978 fine spline, or FJ62?
One of each! The rear is a factory FJ62 fine spline diff and axle assembly, the front is a xx year housing, maybe 76, and a 78 FJ40 rear fine spline diff.

Anything I should know about either?

One of each! The rear is a factory FJ62 fine spline diff and axle assembly, the front is a xx year housing, maybe 76, and a 78 FJ40 rear fine spline diff.

Anything I should know about either?

Nah. Just post padding Rob!

If you do something the same three times can you call it signature series? Once again I have media blasted a set of 60 series wheels and painted them Cygnus white. This will be the style wheel I will use on this build. It is a 15 x 6 wheel with proper offset and thicker than most aftermarket wheels. I still need to paint the fronts and then get some tires on them hopefully this weekend.

IMG_3608.JPG

Wheels done. Wrapped in 31's and will be swapped with Pancake, my 82 FJ40. I wish Maxxis made the Razr in a 31"

Front axle getting closer!

IMG_3611.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3621.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom