LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As the sun starts to set earlier and drivers are using headlights daily the retrofit business picks up. Mini H1 Brackets arrived today so I’ll update the site for anyone interested in the DIY route and anyone interested in new housings retrofitted with the D2S 5.0 that are plug and play... PM or call me 703-371-8494

Cheers

F5F02F5C-31DE-4B7B-B116-25E510BC425D.jpeg

Just ordered a set of the brackets from Lou. The retrofit source is running 25% off the stuff you need now through the 3rd, I saved $75.
That’s awesome. What setup did you end up running?

I talked to Luke on the phone last month and he was extremely patient and helpful. Solid guy and I'll be buying some product from him soon!

I wonder if he will play around with these new offerings from TRS - the M LED 2.0 and the Bi-Laser/LED projector

I bought the M LED 2.0 while it was on sale. From the sounds of it, outperforms a D2S 5.0 and should make for a relatively simple install. Will this work with your D2S bracket @Luke111 ?

I bought the M LED 2.0 while it was on sale. From the sounds of it, outperforms a D2S 5.0 and should make for a relatively simple install. Will this work with your D2S bracket @Luke111 ?
The M LED 2.0 has great specs but won't be out for a few weeks.. so I'm not sure if it will fit the D2S bracket...the origianl M LED matched the mounting holes of the D2S but the lens was 1/4 inch higher and would require designing a new bracket. The M Led also has a 3 inch diameter lens so you'll have to open the shroud to get it to fit. I'll order a set and check the fit and let you know.

The M LED 2.0 has great specs but won't be out for a few weeks.. so I'm not sure if it will fit the D2S bracket...the origianl M LED matched the mounting holes of the D2S but the lens was 1/4 inch higher and would require designing a new bracket. The M Led also has a 3 inch diameter lens so you'll have to open the shroud to get it to fit. I'll order a set and check the fit and let you know.

Any update on the M LED 2.0?

I saw your video on opening up the shroud to allow 3”. You taped all of the chrome with painters tape.

Are you still having issues with the chrome flaking off during the dremel? Or is this problem solved?

I was extremely busy the last two weeks of Dec with my day job and I'm just finishing two sets of lights for a couple Mud members but I received a text from a client who installed a set of lights I built for him and he sent before and after output shots.. the third shot is is from a 2019 LS500 with LED head lights I brought home to compare...,,,the cut off of the Morimoto shames the $90k LS

5498BC44-9EB2-4B49-87C0-45A84BB9CF09.jpeg

860C9C05-288C-4C7E-9E3F-EFB753A8FA46.jpeg

3F579232-6FE1-4FCE-A8A7-2F7CBFB9BFBD.jpeg

27ABEFED-0F47-461F-92BB-64102533E495.jpeg

Last edited:
I saw your video on opening up the shroud to allow 3”. You taped all of the chrome with painters tape.

Are you still having issues with the chrome flaking off during the dremel? Or is this problem solved?

No the painters tape is simply protecting the chrome.. The issues with chrome delaminating from the shroud was with older lights. That’s why I only retrofit new headlights

I talked with Lou earlier in the fall about a set of head lights and I decided to hold off. Seeing that picture though...

My M LED 2.0 has arrived! I'll be awaiting Lou's results with his D2S bracket - hopefully it's a fit!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom