Local For Sale/Wanted Section! (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am cleaning some shelves in the garage and came across these OEM oil filters I believe they are for a 4.7 V8, might fit others. Free. Can deliver to AAOA Saturday.

Oil filters.jpg

I am cleaning some shelves in the garage and came across these OEM oil filters I believe they are for a 4.7 V8, might fit others. Free. Can deliver to AAOA Saturday.

View attachment 2240358
They should fit many other engines as well. 3.4,2.7,2.4 tacos and 4runners. 1uz motors. 22re. And my cub cadet.

I am well stocked though. For now. But if no other takers I guess sign me up. Just don't throw them away.

Gary, I could use the filters if Andy passes on them. They fit a bunch of Toyotas, but will be used on the fleet of 80's here.

Cool, I'm all out.:)

Wanted to Buy-

My son is currently deployed overseas so has been saving his pennies. Assuming the world returns to normal at some point and he is able to come home, he will be looking for a decent Toyota... I think he’s hoping for a 4runner but would also consider a truck, 80,100, etc. His budget will be 7500 give or take. If you have a vehicle you’ve been thinking about parting with, please let me know! Thanks...

Finally getting around to changing fender flare gaskets - anyone that has (or has a lead on) a 95-97 driver side fender, it would be much appreciated. Ok with having it painted.

Cheers and hope everyone is staying sane.

D4A2DFE6-C4F3-4373-91D1-284B71488DBB.jpeg

Hope everyone is having a lovely quarantine!

I’m tossing around the idea of getting an Orion, but I don’t necessarily want to tear apart my freshly rebuilt 4-speed t-case and cannibalize it for parts. I’d rather have a blown 4 speed for parts so I can build the Orion without taking my 40 off the road.

Does anyone here have a 4 speed case nose cone, speedo housing, and shift pod they’d be willing to part with? Or just a whole case with bad gears or bearings?

Not 100% committed to this yet just trying to figure out what the parts will cost me...

It's worth having a spare nose cone... I haven't needed mine yet, but I keep it in the big parts box. You'll also need a parking brake drum assembly.
I have spare stock gears from the cases I scavanged for my Orion but I don't know that you'll need any of them.
I already told you my thoughts on the Orion. Just to reiterate: you won't regret it, if you do it.

It's worth having a spare nose cone... I haven't needed mine yet, but I keep it in the big parts box. You'll also need a parking brake drum assembly.
I have spare stock gears from the cases I scavanged for my Orion but I don't know that you'll need any of them.
I already told you my thoughts on the Orion. Just to reiterate: you won't regret it, if you do it.

I’ve got a spare parking drum already from two blown transfer cases ago. I sold the rest of that case (all the parts I now need) to Reddingcruiser out in CA years ago.

It’s a bit of a crossroads since I never set out to make this truck a wheeler, but I’m finding I enjoy it a lot more than I thought it would! It’s a big investment for a truck that’s largely road driven - but it seems like a better, more robust case all around, ok and off-road. I like the larger idler shaft as I’ve never torn down a stock case that didn’t have a worn shaft and bearings.

I’ve seen some posts recently about quality issues (missing parts, popping out of gear issues) so I hope AA still has a handle on quality control.

Just need to figure out how much money I need to throw at it, find all the pieces, and I’ll decide from there.

The popping out of gear issue was solved a while ago AFAIK. I've never had an issue with mine popping out of gear and I put mine in in 2006 or 2007.

Selling my ‘68 Bronco. It’s a sweet little driver. $28k. Send me a message if you’re interested and I can send a link to the FS listing I posted on the bronco site along with a gallery of pics.

E90F8FB6-1593-4746-9E20-ECF85E8AF412.jpeg

You got a 40 and now you've seen the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom