LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A stock clutch, similarly tuned as the above, with the TRD supplied spacer and either a 3FE fan blade or a late 3.0 V6 non-ringed fan blade. The latter blade part number is 16361-65020.

The 65020 blade moves more air than the ringed blade that came with the kit. There are trucks running the 3FE blade with apparent success but I am not comfortable spinning that blade at the higher 1FZ revs.

I'll have a 3FE fan and a black hub with 10k fluid to sell soon :)

they arrived and will receive the first stage of modification this week. They then head out to my machinist for flange work and then on to Joey for distribution.

I was able to get my hands on a few more so if you are interested get a hold of joey.

20170715_123441.jpg

Looks like the machining for the Orange Hubs will be complete and shipping out to me by the weekend. I should have all the pieces ready to ship out by the time they show up and be distributed out to those that pre-ordered.

Just tested this up i70 up and outta denver and it works like a champ. Used the blue clutch with the 3fe fan and I would hit 215 with the the front answer rear heat on traveling up this hill today I hit only 193 and dint have thever heat on at all. What a difference. Best sc mod period!

Just tested this up i70 up and outta denver and it works like a champ. Used the blue clutch with the 3fe fan and I would hit 215 with the the front answer rear heat on traveling up this hill today I hit only 193 and dint have thever heat on at all. What a difference. Best sc mod period!

Glad to see immediate numbers being posted. Just ordered mine for when the next batch is ready.

Shroud update:

I had an occation to ordered a fan shroud from Toyota for a customer who had a broken one.

This was also a custoner who ordered an orange clutch for his SC.

Turns out Toyota has redesigned tbe shroud and reduced the interference area where i had the contact issue.

The change is more that a slight change and i'm curious if there is sonething else going on.

So if you have considered replacing your shroud now might be a good time to do so.

So, if I get a new shroud do I not need to install the wedges?

I didn't. In the original instructions I had you remove some of the shroud where it was curved inwards toward the ran. Thst area doesn't exist in the new design.

I added the wedge as insurance but with quite a few reporting no issues with out it, it would seem to be ok to run without it with the new style shroud

I just put mine in with a new shroud today. Here's the difference between the shrouds. New one is on the bottom. The differences is a small jog in the bottom left corner of the ring. Other than that it's identical as best I can see.

IMG_4317.JPG

I'm glad I have a new shroud. :) It was an accidental up-grade. My original had a crack in one of the top ears so I replaced it when I put the new clutch in.

Demand for these clutches has dropped and I haven’t seen a need to have any more made until now. I contracted the machining portion on the basis of 5 clutches at a time. This helps with setup costs. Doing a single clutch will certainly increase the cost of the product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom