LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only 2 more to go !!

I got the itch for this.

Any traction on the last one?

Shroud update:

I had an occation to ordered a fan shroud from Toyota for a customer who had a broken one.

This was also a custoner who ordered an orange clutch for his SC.

Turns out Toyota has redesigned tbe shroud and reduced the interference area where i had the contact issue.

The change is more that a slight change and i'm curious if there is sonething else going on.

So if you have considered replacing your shroud now might be a good time to do so.

I put a new shroud in mine when I put the orange clutch in. One of my upper mounting tabs was cracked. I did not compare shrouds but I did install the latest part number. Perhaps that is why I have not had a contact issue. I still have the field fix you sent me in the glove box.

Running a little hot in these summer AZ temps with my SC 1997, any discussion on additional pieces? After reading this thread it sounds like much of the fix is a result of going back to the 1FZ-FE fan. Given the scarcity of these fruity hubs would the SME's here recommend changing out the fan hub oil for say 20,000 CST, and looking for a way to get back to the stock fan?

This clutch is how you get back to the stock fan and it has already been "tuned" with thicker oil and had the timing modified.

Thanks for the reply! Given the scarceness of "this clutch" is there any other suggested routes to cool running? Sorry for any ignorance or confusion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom