LANDTANK fan clutch for S/C 1FZ (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to installing my orange fan clutch and standard 1FZ fan blade.

During the current 85-90* degree and high humidity days, I am running 186*-190* during highway driving occasionally creeping above 200* at a long idle according to my scan gauge.

Is that consistent with everyone else with a healthy cooling system and Super Charger?

The clutch seems to be pushing plenty of air, because it has noticeable more fan roar 100% of the time, it was a little surprising that it always seems engaged.

I will check the mileage this tank, the last included three full trail days, hoping I can keep my thrifty 10-12 mpg on 100% non ethanol premium!

I think we are all in that area. I only hit 200° once when I was a bit low on coolant. I'm usually around 185°- 195°.

Ya that’s similar to mine after rebuilding my top end / cleaning the cooling system extensively. I used to see 215 regularly on trails back in the day, But now I sometimes will see 200 on trails 198 stop and go and then highways 194-196.

I live in southern Canada for climate reference.

Took my 80 on some heavy trails in Colorado and coming down from (almost) the top of Holy Cross, the fan jumped up on the shroud and cut across rows of the radiator. Luckily it was downhill from there, so coasted for the most part all the way down. @tornadoalleycruiser @StucknKS helped get parts for me as I tore it down.

I recall getting a shim/ramp from Landtank that is nowhere to be found now. Is there any other solutions or fixes so the fan does not jump up there again?

Thanks,

Took my 80 on some heavy trails in Colorado and coming down from (almost) the top of Holy Cross, the fan jumped up on the shroud and cut across rows of the radiator. Luckily it was downhill from there, so coasted for the most part all the way down. @tornadoalleycruiser @StucknKS helped get parts for me as I tore it down.

I recall getting a shim/ramp from Landtank that is nowhere to be found now. Is there any other solutions or fixes so the fan does not jump up there again?

Thanks,
The shroud has been redesigned by Toyota. If your original shroud is over 3/4 years old, the it is the older. Style. Also check your motor and transmission mounts to make sure they are good.

super. thanks.

just ordered a 16711-66031 fan shroud for 97 LC.

Last edited:
Cool! Are you supercharged, and if so, what fan are you running?

Didn't I sell you a supercharger in the group buy years ago???

Yes, I am S/C on Boost, my 40th edition. I bought the orange fan clutch years ago, but running a stock fan. Is there a better one as well?

reading back over this thread on actual fan options. Is there a consensus on a better fan blade?

16361-66020

16361-65020

Recently received my fan clutch. Thanks @landtank for supporting us all these years later.

0F6F7E54-BE01-4B9F-90D1-5C8DDBCBF02E.jpeg

F501576E-58DD-48B9-885A-0F35D9D0FC2C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom