Just get her drivable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not looking fw to picking at mine, it’s bubbled around the windshield, gotta be about the worst spot to fix.

I plan to stock up on welding wire, liquid metal, bondo, filler primer, flap discs, and spray cans

Body shops are where college savings accounts die when Pigs are present

It's not pretty...more than a 10 ft job...but should be solid and rust free..painted it all with rust bullet.....now watching paint dry...

IMG_20180426_200713083.jpg

Rear hanger move is required with 70 rear springs I believe...

Looks great!

Yea...no one makes a 55 specific rear lift spring anymore, so cruiser outfitters found a work around with a 70 series rear spring. It's about 5 inches longer towards the rear of the truck so the rear hanger must be moved back.

The only other good option if staying spring under is to get custom springs made...I checked with Alcan and the price was about the same.

Yea.. still going. Best to call or email them.

There is a recent build here in the 55 section where they used Alcan springs
and it looks good, and with those you don't need to move the rear hanger. But then need to buy shocks and ubolts, and greasble pins if you want. Then shipping

I initially used homemade longer shackles (in the pics above) but didn't work out in the rear, so installed the included anti inversion shackles in the rear...dropped the rear down about an inch, but the driveline vibes are much better and the springs flex better, so a better ride on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom