Joining the Cruiser Club with my new FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone! If you can’t beat them then join them right? Decided to buy a fj40 after my son @Cowboy45 and husband @ceylonfj40nut started on their journeys. It’s addictive they say. So this weekend @CaptClose and @ceylonfj40nut are taking another one of their long journeys to bring my new baby home. Everyone loves a good narrative right? Stay tuned for more.

198EDDB6-6D2C-449E-A316-D193733BD901.jpeg

:bounce::bounce::cool:

Here are the specs:

1974 fj40 with a SBC 350 engine and a 4 speed manual transmission which I am hoping to convert to an automatic at our own @POTATO LAUNCHER shop. Got power steering, which I am excited about but no air conditioning! Let’s see how that works out with Texas summers. A project for another day I suppose. One thing I have grown to realize, there will always be a project in the horizon.

I’m so excited to be part of this journey again. It becoming a tradition. You guys need to start destination shopping your cruisers so I can go see other interesting places. I hear Kansas City has great ribs... any cruisers available there? :rofl:

Just kidding. See you soon!

Glad you started a thread, and nice 40! That's a fine family of car lovers you have.

Looking forward to your land cruiser journey (that's polite speak for addiction).

Welcome to the mudness! That’s a fine edition to the family. BTW as a side note it’s easier to learn to drive a manual transmission than to install an automatic. I’m just going to leave that right there!!! ;)

My wife drives both, our 40 and 55. No power steering and both manuals.

Her only complaint is that she gets more attention in the 55.

Congrats on the nice find, maybe a/c should be the first upgrade on your 40.

Here are the specs:

1974 fj40 with a SBC 350 engine and a 4 speed manual transmission which I am hoping to convert to an automatic at our own @POTATO LAUNCHER shop. Got power steering, which I am excited about but no air conditioning! Let’s see how that works out with Texas summers. A project for another day I suppose. One thing I have grown to realize, there will always be a project in the horizon.

Nothing wrong with an auto behind a 350. I had an FJ40 with a 350 and SM420 4 speed. It was like driving an old farm truck around and in town was a bit of a pain. Carb or fuel injected 350? One of the best things I did to that cruiser was fuel inject it. I got TBI from a police cruiser (bigger injectors) and installed it myself. It wasn't terrible. Instant start, more power, better running overall and no more bogging or stinky carb.

Well we know who'll get the top spot in the shop now.

Addictive isn't the right word. I sold the 40 in my profile picture thinking I was done. Less than 6 months later and now I have two!

:cheers: on the new acquisition

On the road again....

45F90BF7-5D5F-446C-BD64-BFF625AE9A52.jpeg

After a quick flight from San Antonio to Dallas this morning, we are on the road for another Land Cruiser adventure. There’s a nip in the air today. The polar vortex hasn’t quite reached North Texas, but the leafless trees leave no doubt as to the season. That’s right, it’s the season to buy more Land Cruisers!

The goal for tonight is to make it over to Casey’s (@POTATO LAUNCHER) place for some brews and shop talk. And then make a decision to push through, or find a rack for the night.

With not much else to do as we nibble through the panhandle of TX with the GPS saying “the next turn ain’t for a 100 miles” we ease into a steady diet of pork rinds, chips ahoy, blue and green Mountain Dew and watch optimistic farmers tilling sand to justify their government subsidies. Cops earning their “speed” fine quotas like El Chapo.
Although it kept us intrigued for a while the drone of nothingness was Jack frosty. Plenty of patina. Just not the kind we sought.

In a fit of desperation we came to this. Sorting by state was entertaining.

People Of Walmart - Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart

The panhandle profiles eluded us though.

@POTATO LAUNCHER we eagerly await shop talk.

Last edited:
Well we know who'll get the top spot in the shop now.
:rolleyes:

Story of my life. My HJ60 frame swap just moved back a notch further. But happy :princess: .

On the road again....

After a quick flight from San Antonio to Dallas this morning, we are on the road for another Land Cruiser adventure. There’s a nip in the air....

E5421CE2-28A9-4DEC-AC9E-57D476BE5480.jpeg

There are sooooo many reality tv ideas that come from this pic...

Enjoy!!!

YouTube channel? I’m tired of watching the stupid stuff ... get on the air!

:)

BTW cowgirl will you be attending the SAS this year with the rest of the family? Inquiring minds want to know??!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom