Izzy's amateur hour (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cuban plate....:clap: . I have been seeing Ramsey winches in some hostile applications, they are expensive but could be the next one for me. Give me a few months of use with the Talon first.

This is amazing, the pan seals being replaced at Trollhole Trollhole, I think they have NEVER been so clean and pristine. This is above and beyond customer expectations! Can’t wait to see the power steering box.

Now the rest of my truck will look like sheeeet! And will never want to leave there!
64BF149D-4E8E-4B2A-AC12-903A6CE316F1.jpeg
8B95B4E6-E5E8-4B4B-91BD-D239D748B70F.jpeg

This is a rear bumper I am considering. It is tubular, I know, I like that. Any thoughts on it? There is one long arm that holds the tire and the can, has 2 recovery points and likely a built in receiver. It is a bolt on, so no trimming, waxing, welding required. Builder has great reputation, from California.

View attachment 1643599
22312060_1432634756805580_1508855410_o.jpg

28512213_10215245534270426_1523267261_n.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a 4x4labs style spindle, with tapered roller bearings? The bearings won't be the limiting factor, the spindle diameter, and whatever it's welded to, will be.

Not of this particular one, but they are supposed to be the same design by StellarBuilt Stellar
They do build 80 stuff and heard good reviews, the formal 80 bumper is still a few months out, but he was building some for someone else and I might jump into it.
This is the design on a Montero
22312070_1432634750138914_1929178272_o.jpg
22292503_1432634746805581_1923625526_o.jpg

@erymer has some secrets going on orangeboxx in Greensboro. Might want to see what they have going on.

I did see that they used Eric's truck as a prototype for something. If it is a bumper, I'd like to see it. I'm considering the 4X4Labs. Orangeboxx could save me a ton on shipping if I like what they come up with. They seem like great folks too. I'd like to send some business their way.

Found this on their facebook page, not sure where it is going but I wouldn't want to have something like this, getting to the tailgate could be entertaining for those watching

27752046_1555648021188246_4306130250224934863_n.jpg

Found this on their facebook page, not sure where it is going but I wouldn't want to have something like this, getting to the tailgate could be entertaining for those watching

View attachment 1643648

No. That is the setup that Eric has now. Not ideal. OBF had nothing to do with that. Theirs will be mo betta I am sure.

yup that's my truck. The tire carrier that is on there was something I picked up to get the tire off the roof and as a temp fix. It's definitely a chore getting into the back. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the kind of coin some of these guys are wanting for their rear bumpers. Especially with two kids and the fact that I don't weld. So after lengthy chats with Darrel, he is building/designing me one as we speak. I don't want to give too much away just yet but it will be a single spindle design with a tire carrier, basket for Jerry cans/cooler and a hi-lift mount. There will be a couple more add-ons that I am pretty excited about. I have a few test pics but nothing I can share just yet. So, stay tuned as I hope to have more to share real soon. Unfortunately not by the M&G but it will not be long after.

I like the MCC / Dobinson better. They will have these back in stock in April

View attachment 1643634
I have the kaymar. I dont have a chance molain on it other than the people behind you cannot see the passenger light. Yes you have the light on the bumper but it is not big enough. Good thing i am protected by a ton of steel and dont have any issues if someone hits it.

Thats a lot of weight on one spindle, but it's sexy. Me gusto mucho.

My thoughts exactly. If he could capture the top of that spindle to make it a double shear setup it would do wonders for strength/longevity.

The single spindle is just fine if the latch end of the arm is also firmly supported and locked in place while the vehicle is moving. That spindle will have no trouble supporting the weight of tire and cans even in the open position while the vehicle is stationary. I've not seen a swing out yet that does not move a bit on the trail.

I'd like to point out to people unfamiliar with Hi Lift jacks that the little spring clip on the handle should not be relied upon to retain the handle, especially when mounted upright or upside down like in this pic. Yes, I'm sure the pic was just for demo purposes but not everybody will know that.

Hi Lift Upside Down.jpeg

That was my first concern too, the cantelevered weight.....
It's only cantilevered when it's open...how often will that be? That's the real concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom