Builds “It’s only an axle swap and a motor swap” aka AK2AL aka Dream Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After my last 2,200 mile cross county trip in the ‘69, when we almost died, and almost froze to death, and almost ran off the mountain, and only had one wiper working, and almost got smashed by an 18 wheeler.... I saved this pic of a Tundra and FWC to my phone while bundled up in the cabin suffering the Montana winter.

just need a blue crewmax now!

The Tundra and 2UZ Pig make a good handy-dandy do-all pair to own.

BE3B2313-B593-459F-BB6F-A5E7B6EB0AD0.jpeg

4F47BF21-ED20-4F92-980C-E47655BFCFCF.jpeg

B9E78755-8D9B-4C3B-A2EE-108A1E70C28F.jpeg

Gonna be at farm outside of Tulsa week after the 4th. Your more then welcome to stopover for night on way home if ya need rest stop and grilled meal rich in red meat! Will be in Steamboat week before if your route brings ya close.

Gonna be at farm outside of Tulsa week after the 4th. Your more then welcome to stopover for night on way home if ya need rest stop and grilled meal rich in red meat! Will be in Steamboat week before if your route brings ya close.

thanks!

kind of half way and maybe a doable road day headed home

what’s another 100 miles on a 4-5,000 trip?

B138BD67-66C6-468E-9582-6E2A6DB1E3DF.png

D1A8B956-C76D-4EEE-B4D2-96ABB13EFA59.png

Nothing special but we do have plumbing in the trailer and shower available. After having 5-6 teenagers with us it will be nice to talk to an adult again!

After much berating by phone and text by @J Mack about not bringing a Pig to the Pig ride, the initial plans for a continental divide-ish route in September in the 55 is being planned. No Pops, no kids, and another adult driver or two to split the wheel time. Run it north to south.

Anyone who wants to join for any or all legs is welcome to.

349896FB-5282-487E-B6D0-B447D846A964.jpeg

C25EEC11-D5D6-46A4-A501-BA9CA66B9AA5.jpeg

4A1CE366-804C-454B-85DC-D7414B9B9007.jpeg

I would entertain joining in Northern Colorado, not sure if I will have a 55 yet. @Tancruiser son puts together a cool ride through the local mountains on a weekend towards the end of Sept. . I didn't partake last year but hope this year I can do it.

Work is getting in the way of my fun having in 2021. I'm ready to sign up for the Army and start hanging out with you planning trips to take my pig I don't drive on!

Work is getting in the way of my fun having in 2021
You beyond stupid busy too? What a bizarre deal in the middle of pandemic.

My 70 year old dad wants to go to the west coast Pig ride... but doesn’t want to ride 5,000 miles in the pig! He has hearing issues already and this sure wouldn’t help!

I picked up this old aluminum frame camper for the cost of a nice RTT and will be taking it to SD and CO over the 4th of July. Me, pops, and two teenagers. Not as “cool” as the 55, but will still be fun. Sleeps 4 and 5 can play cards in it.

We missed our trip South last year and will again this summer, by the time they open the border our family trips will have changed forever with my son working...hard to miss out on these experiences. Good on you for making a trip happen with dad & the kids, these days won’t last.

You beyond stupid busy too? What a bizarre deal in the middle of pandemic.
People that have money are spending it......on everything.

After much berating by phone and text by @J Mack about not bringing a Pig to the Pig ride, the initial plans for a continental divide-ish route in September in the 55 is being planned. No Pops, no kids, and another adult driver or two to split the wheel time. Run it north to south.

View attachment 2658871

View attachment 2658872

View attachment 2658873
Might try to join you on some portion of the CO/NM portion. Keep us posted.

Thanks guys.

For a multitude of reasons, I’m taking a instructor position at Warrant Officer Candidate School.

I remember thinking “how can these guys give up flying??!” Well, after 9 years of it, I get paid the same, work 50 hours less a month, less weekends, less nights getting home at 0100, less soccer games missed, less family dinners missed, and so on. Maybe in 6 years when my kids all graduate I can go back, but right now, the top priority is taking more trips with them than playing with the helicopter.

I’m trying to do 30 years and truly retire retire on my 49th birthday. If I retire now, I will have to go work for somewhere else indefinitely. If I can do 10 more, my full time job duties will include growing a beard long enough to tuck into my belt and not owning a clock. Full time roaming the world in some old raggedy truck.

That is an impressive goal. I hope you achieve it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom