Builds I happened upon a 100 Series 4 month build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also purchased (for the NAV conversion to dials):

The 3 knob Control Panel w/ rear A/C (and the connectors with about a foot of wire) from EBAY (seller was awesome and I even got the driver side Headlight from him for $100 in perfect condition)
View attachment 1654498 View attachment 1654497

The factory Toyota Double Din radio brackets (Toyota Part 86212-60071 and 86211-60071)

Qty 100 of these connectors (Sopoby Heat Shrink Butt Connectors) AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ILSEDWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

METRA 70-8113 Harness EBAY

....and for the tunes:

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX Head Unit – AMAZON - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073BKPWNC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MicroBypass Parking Brake Switch Fully Automatic Video in Motion Interface for Pioneer AVH-4100NEX AVH-4200NEX – AMAZON

Totally Upgrade 2nd Generation Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera With 149° - AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KZSVD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Male to 2 Female Universal Antenna Splitter - EBAY

Scosche MDAB Micro Antenna Adapter - EBAY

I also bought 2 dual USB outlets to install in the console for kids plug-ins...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0GR0FQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Side by side comparison:

View attachment 1654499
Anyone know if it's possible to replace other Pre-nav layout like pictured with the "knob" one like above. I think the knob climate control knobs look better, and my "buttons" are all smashed and faded.

1.JPG

While it is not perfect, it does look a million times better... these are vinyl stickers so there is a little shrinkage. We are working on making something better right now to possibly sell.

I'll pay pall you 10 bucks for the factory text decals that you didn't use ;) I'd even be willing to pay your for the vector file so I could get them printed my self... mine look terrible and paying 100 bucks for the factory part is not happening.

I'll pay pall you 10 bucks for the factory text decals that you didn't use ;) I'd even be willing to pay your for the vector file so I could get them printed my self... mine look terrible and paying 100 bucks for the factory part is not happening.

We are working on a better finish on these right now... while it looks better, it is not perfect.

My upper center console latch was broken. I believe they are the same as the Camry / ES300 / Solara of certain years and are available online for around $30 in many colors. I did not want to spend $30 on that piece so I took an old magnet backer from a name tag (for you shirts) and removed one magnet and cleaned up the other side. I cut the broken latch off flat and glued the magnets to either side. Works perfect as it should.
8C3FF94C-500F-4961-912C-DD99CFADC2D4.jpeg

(Scratches were there already)
93318A3A-FFB7-472B-8924-71C3EB413A69.jpeg

24A68F97-4D72-4C56-BE6A-AE9333828DFC.jpeg

I also installed the flush mount extensions for the 3.5mm audio jack and USB port from the radio in the c niter console. The item I ordered barely reached. The iPhone USB fits great and I have a 90 degree 3.5mm ply in.
DC3E047B-CF9A-4921-B5C9-26A385FB490D.jpeg

I am tracking down an issue with my front heater not functioning with help from TXSunDevil. I hope I am able to help others like he has done for me.

Today I knocked out the Whiteline Poly Steering Rack Bushings... all went well until I lost one of the small bushing nuts... I spent two hours looking for it and never found it. Luckily, the upper shock mounting nuts are the same thread pitch so I used one of those.

I had to make a little tool out of some 5/8” allthread I had laying around and some big washers to squeeze the bushings in that made it really easy.

All of the wandering at freeway speed is gone and it is a noticeable difference at slow speeds as it no longer feels mushy.

Oh yeah... the VSC BEEPING IS GONE!!!!!!!!!!! (and the old bushings did not even look that bad...

Easy?....I've been playing with the idea of replacing mine for months,...might have to get you to talk me through it before I tear into it......My VSC has become quite annoying,...the curve on Belfort between Main and Stella Link gets me every morning coming home from work.....also, occasionally the sweeping curves on Braeswood.

Easy?....I've been playing with the idea of replacing mine for months,...might have to get you to talk me through it before I tear into it......My VSC has become quite annoying,...the curve on Belfort between Main and Stella Link gets me every morning coming home from work.....also, occasionally the sweeping curves on Braeswood.

Yes, I know what you mean. I have my turns that VSC always kicked in. I haven’t been able to make it come on yet. 1 turn on S. Braeswood and especially the sweeping curve from 610 to 290.

Last edited:
Ordered Inner and Outer Tie Rods (555's), a tool for that job (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS7FD62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), and some factory replacement Shock Bushing Washers (the shocks I took off were aftermarket and whoever did the job threw away $100 worth of these).

It looks like 555's were not factory for the TLC but I ain't paying that much for the Toyota brand. This is odd because every other Toyota Truck Platform I have worked on (4Runners, Tacos, Highlanders) uses 555's.

I ordered the tie rods and washers from PartSouq. I wanted to try them out. The washer prices were half with shipping than what I could find here in the states.

I am not getting heat from the front heater since the NAV Delete...
With a ton of help from TXSunDevil we ran voltage checks on the AC amplifier control panel.
We may have narrowed down the culprit but I want to wait until I confirm findings to release the info.

Last edited:
Ordered Inner and Outer Tie Rods (555's), a tool for that job (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS7FD62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1), and some factory replacement Shock Bushing Washers (the shocks I took off were aftermarket and whoever did the job threw away $100 worth of these).

It looks like 555's were not factory for the TLC but I ain't paying that much for the Toyota brand. This is odd because every other Toyota Truck Platform I have worked on (4Runners, Tacos, Highlanders) uses 555's.

I ordered the tie rods and washers from PartSouq. I wanted to try them out. The washer prices were half with shipping than what I could find here in the states.

I am not getting heat from the front heater since the NAV Delete...
With a ton of help from TXSunDevil we ran voltage checks on the AC amplifier control panel.
We may have narrowed down the culprit but I want to wait until I confirm findings to release the info.

Crazy that its been cold enough in TX to need the heater in April. We are supposed to dip down to the 30s tonight in Dallas. Glad I got my heater situation all sorted out.

Yes with a plastic primer undercoat. It is very scratch resistant so far (and i have been working in that area a lot lately). Only time will tell how it holds up. If it gets too ugly I will just buy a new one.

Awesome build you have going on here! I've been on the fence with ordering the Lseat leather covers, I actually used them when I had my 80 and was happy with the results for the price. I see you're from Houston as well, I have 3 coworkers with 100s all working in the medical center. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Thank you TXSUNDEVIL!

I couldn’t get the front heater to work after the NAV / MFD removal and switch to the 3 knob HVAC controller. He has helped me for hours tracing out the issue. Problem: I was working in dim lighting at night and put two similar colored wires together. I only found it after checking over the connections after bringing in a big light into the cabin.

Well, moving on from there. I spent the weekend with family and doing little maintenance on the other cars (bypassing TPMS on the RAV4 after getting a quote to R&R those, new Falken Wildpeaks on the 4Runner, and oil changes) including a car show with the 57 and kids.

I purchased another 3 knob controller thinking I had an issue with mine so I switched out the best parts to the one I installed.
ADD25EE6-DB2A-4815-885C-44955461A17F.jpeg

C0B29EAA-CF33-45AD-9F57-46897E8F133F.jpeg

My parts from PartSouq came in from Dubai in 4 days.
I realized I need all the OEM washers for the shocks so I purchased those and front bearing retainers (just in case), the missing steering rack nut and a inner tie rod tool. Hopefully, I can knock some of this out tonight. Mama is getting close!
26B163C2-492B-4C3A-BF5F-89D25B8393B5.jpeg

Thank you TXSUNDEVIL!

I couldn’t get the front heater to work after the NAV / MFD removal and switch to the 3 knob HVAC controller. He has helped me for hours tracing out the issue. Problem: I was working in dim lighting at night and put two similar colored wires together. I only found it after checking over the connections after bringing in a big light into the cabin.

Well, moving on from there. I spent the weekend with family and doing little maintenance on the other cars (bypassing TPMS on the RAV4 after getting a quote to R&R those, new Falken Wildpeaks on the 4Runner, and oil changes) including a car show with the 57 and kids.

I purchased another 3 knob controller thinking I had an issue with mine so I switched out the best parts to the one I installed.
View attachment 1675114
View attachment 1675115

My parts from PartSouq came in from Dubai in 4 days.
I realized I need all the OEM washers for the shocks so I purchased those and front bearing retainers (just in case), the missing steering rack nut and a inner tie rod tool. Hopefully, I can knock some of this out tonight. Mama is getting close!
View attachment 1675113

I have some inner tie rods sitting in my parts box ready to go. I’ve seen that tool on amazon, let me know if it works well for you...I think I need to fork up and just buy it.

Re-did the upper rear shock bushings with the new washers (sure is quieter). One of those washers centers the shock stud in the hole with a shoulder. Also, put the proper nut back on the steering rack bushing (the one I lost earlier).

The original back up camera had washed out colors. Everything green looked purple. I emailed them and they promptly sent an updated model with a sleeker design. This one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076P8QFYD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_xr6TAbR2KSTBW
(can't wait to detail around the lettering)
88BDDE48-272D-4523-9877-90561C07BCA2.jpeg

I installed it last night. It kind of sucks that they changed the leads from the camera so I had to take out the back panel with the 12V outlet and cut and re-splice the new lead in... colors look good so I am happy.
71F906DB-20A0-4075-AF33-32A9E4B9D0AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Re-did the upper rear shock bushings with the new washers (sure is quieter). One of those washers centers the shock stud in the hole with a shoulder. Also, put the proper nut back on the steering rack bushing (the one I lost earlier).

The original back up camera had washed out colors. Everything green looked purple. I emailed them and they promptly sent an updated model with a sleeker design. This one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076P8QFYD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_xr6TAbR2KSTBW
(can't wait to detail around the lettering)
View attachment 1675583
I installed it last night. It kind of sucks that they changed the leads from the camera so I had to take out the back panel with the 12V outlet and cut and re-splice the new lead in... colors look good so I am happy.View attachment 1675584
I was going to get one of the cameras that installed into the license plate light. So they don't make those anymore or you chose the new style? Was there any drilling involved with that install? Keep up the good work

I was going to get one of the cameras that installed into the license plate light. So they don't make those anymore or you chose the new style? Was there any drilling involved with that install? Keep up the good work

The first generic camera I got mounted on the license plate. It was big and bulky and had horrible color. I complained and they sent me the updated one as a free replacement. I put a small 3/8" hole behind the plate with paint, silicone, a grommet, more silicone and marine grease (IH8RUST). If they did not have a remedy I would have gone the more Factory route.

I also purchased (for the NAV conversion to dials):

The 3 knob Control Panel w/ rear A/C (and the connectors with about a foot of wire) from EBAY (seller was awesome and I even got the driver side Headlight from him for $100 in perfect condition)
View attachment 1654498 View attachment 1654497

The factory Toyota Double Din radio brackets (Toyota Part 86212-60071 and 86211-60071)

Qty 100 of these connectors (Sopoby Heat Shrink Butt Connectors) AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ILSEDWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

METRA 70-8113 Harness EBAY

....and for the tunes:

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX Head Unit – AMAZON - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073BKPWNC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MicroBypass Parking Brake Switch Fully Automatic Video in Motion Interface for Pioneer AVH-4100NEX AVH-4200NEX – AMAZON

Totally Upgrade 2nd Generation Car Rear View Reversing Backup Camera With 149° - AMAZON https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074KZSVD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Male to 2 Female Universal Antenna Splitter - EBAY

Scosche MDAB Micro Antenna Adapter - EBAY

I also bought 2 dual USB outlets to install in the console for kids plug-ins...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0GR0FQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Side by side comparison:

View attachment 1654499

Sorry if it was covered and I missed it but where do you find the 3knob climate control center stack piece? eBay I think is what was said but what part number or bracket? Is everything covered it the quoted part above right here^^? Thanks in advance!

Sorry if it was covered and I missed it but where do you find the 3knob climate control center stack piece? eBay I think is what was said but what part number or bracket? Is everything covered it the quoted part above right here^^? Thanks in advance!

Go to car-part.com for the 3 dial climate controller. It searches salvage yards nationwide.

Everything needed should be in there. You need to decide whether or not to use the Factory amp or bypass it. According to that decision you will choose the proper Metra radio harness (I bought both but bypassed the amp) but this does not effect the NAV delete conversion.

Of course, you can pick your own stereo and micro bypass (for bypassing the parking brake lock on the stereo).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom