Heater core replacement (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the site.
I have a 95 fzj80 and am needing to put a new front heater core in it.
It started out slow but now my floor board is soaked on passenger side.
My question is can I get a factory Toyota core or is their a reliable after market?

Have you verified it's the heater core that's the issue? There are numerous possible causes for a wet floorboard such as plugged drains or a leaky windshield gasket.

I have a heater core from a 1993 that you can have if you pay for the shipping. I am not sure if they are the same or not.

Last edited:
14913252508531531757786.jpg
unit sub-assembly
87107-60130 fits a 95, maybe more. I dunno.
Discontinued in U.S. I believe
Try Partsouq, Amayama, or mud member Akella.
Hopefully you do the swap of the core, figure the ins and outs, and tell all. With pics.
Good Luck!

Thanks Tank, I'm not sure if it's the same. My fear is that this seems to be a lot of labor and I don't want to have to do it but once. I'd like to put a new one.

No problem, if you change your mind later send me a pm.

Has anybody used the (HVAC Heater Core Front PRO SOURCE 90065) Heater core?
I found this on ebay. Not sure if it's reliable, Awful Cheap at $66.95

the heater core for your 1995 cruiser is discontinued. but I believe the heater core for the 1997 changed part numbers and I believe is still avaliable. That core will work also but you need to get another pipe that connects to the core.

The heater core from the 1996.5 and newer will not work without changing out the heater box. The older style is a double core and the newer is a single core. The newer cores and pipes are plentiful, the older parts are a bear to find. Ask me how I know....

Promofzj80, Since a new factory replacement is no longer available, and If you don't need your truck as a DD. You could take your leaking core to a radiator shop, and have them recore it.

Lazy, sounds like you've been there before... Thanks for the info.

Rifleman, I like that option, have you ever had that done? How dependable and how long would it be good for?
Thanks for your feedback.

Have you made sure the leak is not from the hose connection on the engine side of he firewall. If the hoses are pushed onto the core tubes until they kiss the firewall, a hose clamp leak can actually wind up inside the cab.

If you can find a new one do it! I got lucky and got a used one from a local mudder. (Hoping I never have to do the job again) I kept the old one and I'll have it re-cored and kept as a spare.
It's a tedious job and everything has to come out. It's a good time to replace bulbs in the dash, add switches, clean out vents etc. I took my seats out and it made life so much easier.

That's what I'd like to do if I can find one. What if I have the original one re-cored? Is that a reliable fix?
Thanks for all the other advice, I'm thinking all that is a good idea while I'm in there.

amayama is showing 1 in stock, I would try and grab it.... part number
87107-60130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom