GX550 vs LX600 vs GX460 vs LC Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t see anything significant. What have you seen/heard?
While similar, the vehicles (GX/LC250 vs LX/LC300) still have different frames and bodys. The do have some shared components but there are differences in the front suspension, mounting points, etc. There is a lot of overlap in size and capability now, but pretty of others have drilled into the minute differences.

I'm surprised there is so much discussion about platform sharing, the concept has been around for decades, the mantra is, "similar but different".

While similar, the vehicles (GX/LC250 vs LX/LC300) still have different frames and bodys. The do have some shared components but there are differences in the front suspension, mounting points, etc. There is a lot of overlap in size and capability now, but pretty of others have drilled into the minute differences.
Right, it seems like all the new trucks are on the tnga-f platform, but there are versions of it obviously since the tundra/sequoia/lc300 are different sizes/vehicles from the Tacoma/GX/future 4runner.

Not until the newer vehicles fully launch will we know all the ins and outs

Last edited:
I'm curious to see the where Toyota will put the LC Prado's price point. It has to be less than a GX or will most likely meet the same fate in the US as the LC 300. It has to differentiate itself ftom the new 4runner which will share the same frame as the GX but probably have the new Tacoma's 4 cylinder turbo engine.

That's a narrow price gap to fit into.

That what I was hoping for too. Having an extremely off road capable model from the showroom floor at a lower price point than Jeep/Bronco with Toyota reliability would be a winner.

I'm curious to see the where Toyota will put the LC Prado's price point. It has to be less than a GX or will most likely meet the same fate in the US as the LC 300. It has to differentiate itself ftom the new 4runner which will share the same frame as the GX but probably have the new Tacoma's 4 cylinder turbo engine.

That's a narrow price gap to fit into.
I think the Lexus GX target is $75k, so one would think/hope similar to with more off road capability/ruggedness and less luxury. A TRD Pro 4Runner is $55k, so there will be a price jump to the new LC.

MSRP maybe irrelevant for a couple of years, because if they do offer a compelling off road model, they will be $100k+ with the mark up for the first 2 years!

The new Land Cruiser. Revealed Aug 1st.

1690410029091.png

I thinks it's pretty clear that Toyota gave us a sneak peak at all these new vehicles when they showcased their lineup of EV "concepts". The 2024 Tacoma ended up looking exactly like the EV concept, and now the grille on the LC sneak peak exactly matches the EV concept, too (not to mention that the side profile even matches the new GX). There will be some subtle changes, of course, but I'm betting it will basically look like this:

Is it me or is the rear end giving you Tahoe/Suburban vibes? I'll wait to see the reveal before I pass further judgement.

All the videos I've seen of the new GX so far seem nice. But it is very much a Toyota and not a Lexus when it comes to interior appointments. More Tundra/Tacoma looking than GX looking.

All the videos I've seen of the new GX so far seem nice. But it is very much a Toyota and not a Lexus when it comes to interior appointments. More Tundra/Tacoma looking than GX looking.
Maybe that is how Lexus is about to keep prices below LX600? Because if they made it truly Lexus level, then why would anyone buy LX600? I know that some here believe that LX600 frame or components are high quality/durable, i have my doubts given how similar the specs are (e.g. tow rating).

Maybe that is how Lexus is about to keep prices below LX600? Because if they made it truly Lexus level, then why would anyone buy LX600? I know that some here believe that LX600 frame or components are high quality/durable, i have my doubts given how similar the specs are (e.g. tow rating).
The specs should be similar though. Same frame, wheelbase, and engine.

Fugly. Tonka truck + Jeep Liberty.

Lol it's a fan render, wait till Tuesday or a more accurate image to hit the web

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom