GX550 vs LX600 vs GX460 vs LC Dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got around to going to the Lexus Experience where they have an Overtrail on display. First of all, the looks are stunning, no doubt about it. I was mostly curious about internal dimensions as there are no objective measures published anywhere.

It is much smaller than a 200 inside! The rear seat does not slide back for more leg room like the 200 and the middle seat has a huge bump, making that passenger feel like they are sitting on a third row.

I went with my 9 year old and she said, don’t get rid of the Land Cruiser! lol

I won’t.

I finally got around to going to the Lexus Experience where they have an Overtrail on display. First of all, the looks are stunning, no doubt about it. I was mostly curious about internal dimensions as there are no objective measures published anywhere.

It is much smaller than a 200 inside! The rear seat does not slide back for more leg room like the 200 and the middle seat has a huge bump, making that passenger feel like they are sitting on a third row.

I won’t.

From looking at all the videos popping up on YouTube now it definitely looks more like 2+2+2 configuration rather than seats 7. Is it larger than a 4runner on the inside?

I won’t.
Interesting since they are approx. the same size. The GX550 second row seat back does lean backwards correct ? How did the drivers seat position & seat comfort feel and visibility ?

Without a doubt it'll feel smaller than a 200
Because in some ways even the 300 feels smaller inside than a 200.
Rear seat of 300 also doesn't slide back.

Without a doubt it'll feel smaller than a 200
Because in some ways even the 300 feels smaller inside than a 200.
Rear seat of 300 also doesn't slide back.
Is interior volume (passengers) in 300 and 200 same, or is 300 smaller?

I've been in an LX600, feels about the same size as 200...
Those are published numbers, I am sure it's out there...

Is interior volume (passengers) in 300 and 200 same, or is 300 smaller?
I don't have measurements
But the cabin was pushed back so you get less second row leg room and less third row cargo when third row seats are up.
From some of the photos
It seems GX has more space behind third row when seats are up.

I've been in an LX600, feels about the same size as 200...
Those are published numbers, I am sure it's out there...
I own both and daily them back to back.

Second row definitelty more legroom in lc200 and you can slide the seat back.
Also one extra seat in lc200 third row.
So that's one more kid you can fit.

Also when third row is up - 200 has slightly more space behind the third row.

I don't have measurements
But the cabin was pushed back so you get less second row leg room and less third row cargo when third row seats are up.
From some of the photos
It seems GX has more space behind third row when seats are up.
That is a bummer.

Personally I hate how big the 200 is on trails. However, really love how spacious it is on the inside for the family.

That is a bummer.

Personally I hate how big the 200 is on trails. However, really love how spacious it is on the inside for the family.

I personally love the lc300 size but cargo space with seats up could be better. It isnt a big difference if you can live with a 200, you can live with a 300.

I do wish I slightly had more cargo space when third row is up though, I use the third row alot for kids.

So with all rows up
I can fit some camping gear in my 200 that won't fit in the 300 with third row up...
It is annoying because the same gear used to fit in the 100 too...

I feel like the wheelbase of the big LC is starting to limit it alittle because they seem to be reaching the limit of how much they can package the interior space.

Last edited:
I personally love the lc300 size but cargo space with seats up could be better. It isnt a big difference if you can live with a 200, you can live with a 300.

I do wish I slightly had more cargo space when third row is up though, I use the third row alot for kids.

So with all rows up
I can fit some camping gear in my 200 that won't fit in the 300 with third row up...
It is annoying because the same gear used to fit in the 100 too...

I feel like the wheelbase of the big LC is starting to limit it alittle because they seem to be reaching the limit of how much they can package the interior space.
yah i use third row for kids as well

seems like our use case are the same

yah i use third row for kids as well

seems like our use case are the same
most people don't care
But when the third row now fits only 2 instead of 3 it really was a bummer for me.
I like getting all the space I can get.

Don't know.....if you guys need 3 across in the 3rd row, then neither LC200 nor LC300 nor LC250 should even be on your shopping list. Maybe previous gen Sequoia? Or Minivan?

Don't know.....if you guys need 3 across in the 3rd row, then neither LC200 nor LC300 nor LC250 should even be on your shopping list. Maybe previous gen Sequoia? Or Minivan?
I use my cruisers for camping alot
So when we go to the desert I prefer to keep a limit on how many cars we take because I don't trust everyone's driving. So we make sure every car is filled as safely as can be and utilise all the space we need.

I guess you wouldn't understand unless you experienced a trip with us.

Seqouia wouldn't work for me too big.
Patrol y62 not a fan of the quality.

Previous gen Sequoia 3rd row is spacious. IRS helps with the room.

Our 200 is fine. We use the 3rd row a lot. Trips around town with the in-laws, taking kids’ friends to events, etc. When our youngest is 12, it will be less comfortable for them back there. But for now, it is great. I especially like the part where it doesn’t strand us on the side of the road like our previous full size GM vehicles.

It’s weird how it seems all vehicles are getting smaller inside. New Sienna is less roomy due to the hybrid battery. The Suburban is even smaller than it used to be.

I use my cruisers for camping alot
So when we go to the desert I prefer to keep a limit on how many cars we take because I don't trust everyone's driving. So we make sure every car is filled as safely as can be and utilise all the space we need.

I guess you wouldn't understand unless you experienced a trip with us.

Seqouia wouldn't work for me too big.
Patrol y62 not a fan of the quality.
But in LC200...with 3rd row up, cargo space is pathetic.

But in LC200...with 3rd row up, cargo space is pathetic.
True, but it's still better than the lc300.
I can fit some bags that wouldn't clear the 300 with the third row up.
My lc79 is used for cargo but sometimes when it's solo that extra space matters.

Previous gen Sequoia 3rd row is spacious. IRS helps with the room.

Our 200 is fine. We use the 3rd row a lot. Trips around town with the in-laws, taking kids’ friends to events, etc. When our youngest is 12, it will be less comfortable for them back there. But for now, it is great. I especially like the part where it doesn’t strand us on the side of the road like our previous full size GM vehicles.

It’s weird how it seems all vehicles are getting smaller inside. New Sienna is less roomy due to the hybrid battery. The Suburban is even smaller than it used to be.
Also isn't new Seq also smaller inside than the old one?
The old one was very spacious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom