FZJ80 + HJ61= ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Check the title of this thread.

I could rob the axles, suspension, hangers, springs and seats from an fzj 80 and put it all into an fj62 and the title wouldn't be incorrect... a simple yes or no would have been just as easy...

"everyone in this room, is now dumber from having heard what you just said..." :lol:

Smart move with the motor mounts. Progress is looking good! Just missed you guys in SA, hope to swing by soon to catch up

Thanks Cody, made sense considering I was starting from scrap anyways. Swing by, I'm home till next Saturday

Sweet man! I'm just catching up. Welcome back home Mcguire. I'm looking forward to getting up to the barn and having a look at your progress in person. Man... August is approaching fast!

No kidding.. I'm gonna get it done though. Thanks Ryan, good to be back, come check it out!
I could rob the axles, suspension, hangers, springs and seats from an fzj 80 and put it all into an fj62 and the title wouldn't be incorrect... a simple yes or no would have been just as easy...

Little late, but yes it's a frame swap, lots of pics showing the frame from pages 1-6. Gotta do some digging to avoid getting flamed next time :D

Some updates:

Clearancing the front bumper, these ARBs hang super low so I'm gonna gain around 2" or so out by the tire.. plus I'm raising it up a little with home made brackets.
IMG_7452.JPG

IMG_7453.JPG

Inner fenders are finally back in so the engine bay looks semi complete now

IMG_7458.JPG

And I think I'm going to put a magnet on these hub caps, the only original piece from my 60s chassis
IMG_7457.JPG

It's alive!
IMG_7772.JPG

I decided to hold off on the blackbox install till winter break because I am going to have a lot of fab work on the trans tunnel due too the 6" extension the box adds to the drivetrain.. So right now I am rolling around with 4.10 axles and stock t case gearing with 37s, not the most optimal setup but it works for the time being.
IMG_7732.JPG

Tracks straight and 4 wheel disk brakes are a HUGE improvement over the stock 60 setup w/ 37s, go figure haha. I have the slinky heavy rear springs and with the lack of a rear bumper, sliders & my spare it is pretty stiff but I plan to get that ironed out this fall.
My tank turned out awesome, 44 gallons so that should give me a pretty damn good range, I'd say 850 ish miles.
IMG_7768.JPG

Leaving for Colorado in two days so I'll update after the maiden voyage!

Peace!

You got your lockers wired yet?

My tank turned out awesome, 44 gallons so that should give me a pretty damn good range, I'd say 850 ish miles.
Looks awesome dude...!!!

I think you'll get 1k with that much diesel...!!!

Looks awesome dude...!!!

I think you'll get 1k with that much diesel...!!!

Thanks man! It's pretty big huh? I'm pretty pumped with how it fit, still need to build a skid for it.

It's alive!
View attachment 1511585

I decided to hold off on the blackbox install till winter break because I am going to have a lot of fab work on the trans tunnel due too the 6" extension the box adds to the drivetrain.. So right now I am rolling around with 4.10 axles and stock t case gearing with 37s, not the most optimal setup but it works for the time being.
View attachment 1511593

Tracks straight and 4 wheel disk brakes are a HUGE improvement over the stock 60 setup w/ 37s, go figure haha. I have the slinky heavy rear springs and with the lack of a rear bumper, sliders & my spare it is pretty stiff but I plan to get that ironed out this fall.
View attachment 1511591

Leaving for Colorado in two days so I'll update after the maiden voyage!

Peace!

Killer build! Can't wait to see your black box install and how that works out for you.

Why cable lockers over what your running now?

Very cool McGuire. I knew you could get it done in time. See y'all in a couple of days..

McGuire, she looks beautiful. I wish I was joining y'all. I just got back and my rig is still getting the second turbo installed. Take lots of pics and post up.

Killer build! Can't wait to see your black box install and how that works out for you.

Why cable lockers over what your running now?

Thanks! I'm very exited about the bb.. that's a good question, and I guess my main reason is I like simplicity and cables are fool proof. Plus my trans hump is gonna look like a skid steer w/ the h55, triple shifters and the locker levers which is also another reason.

Very cool McGuire. I knew you could get it done in time. See y'all in a couple of days..

It's "done" enough to get me to CO, see ya soon!

McGuire, she looks beautiful. I wish I was joining y'all. I just got back and my rig is still getting the second turbo installed. Take lots of pics and post up.

Hey Mike I appreciate it, hopefully next year. Glad to hear you made it back safe, those twins are gonna be bad a!

Are you using an OEM set or chilkat set-up off e lockers?

Thanks! I'm very exited about the bb.. that's a good question, and I guess my main reason is I like simplicity and cables are fool proof. Plus my trans hump is gonna look like a skid steer w/ the h55, triple shifters and the locker levers which is also another reason.

It's "done" enough to get me to CO, see ya soon!

Hey Mike I appreciate it, hopefully next year. Glad to hear you made it back safe, those twins are gonna be bad a!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom