FZJ80 + HJ61= ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you using an OEM set or chilkat set-up off e lockers?

I'm gonna get chillkat's kit for the front and rear. Hopefully I'll make back a little selling my actuators since they both work

I'm gonna get chillkat's kit for the front and rear. Hopefully I'll make back a little selling my actuators since they both work

I'm thinking about doing chilkat-operated e-lockers and using a NWF twinstick kit to operate them, way less bulky then the controls they provide...

I'm thinking about doing chilkat-operated e-lockers and using a NWF twinstick kit to operate them, way less bulky then the controls they provide...

That's not a bad idea. I like how the chilkat levers lock into place though, seems like a solid kit.

chilkat has different levers. I actually have a locking push pull knob I got from him. I did run into an issue though with his locker shaft being incorrectly threaded for the factory shouldered bolt. I had to machine a bolt to make it work. He said he was going to send me another shaft but that was months ago and I never got it.

chilkat has different levers. I actually have a locking push pull knob I got from him. I did run into an issue though with his locker shaft being incorrectly threaded for the factory shouldered bolt. I had to machine a bolt to make it work. He said he was going to send me another shaft but that was months ago and I never got it.

Thats good to know there are more options. I'm guessing you got the 9.5 kit, did you use his cable bracket for the diff?

bump for McGuire's 60
still no rear bumper :flipoff2:

IMG_3012.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG

This winter it’s going to happen! Might step back up to 37s since I don’t have to drive 1000+ miles to hit a trail.. can’t decide. And fix my lockers, rebuild the 12ht, more boost, etc... never ends

That has to be nice to be around all the summer fun. One day I’ll get out of this state.

That has to be nice to be around all the summer fun. One day I’ll get out of this state.
Do it and don’t look back bro, I love Tejas and always will but living in a dishwasher climate without mountains is not the way to do it.. only downfall is housing prices but ATX is in the same boat.

No such thing as a finished truck. Keep at it.

Great thread! Thanks for documenting this. The list of things I want to do to my truck is growing.

Wassup Ben, you need to come hang with Ryan and I, his 60/80 v8 swap thing is coming along. He has some sick mounts on CAD, don't know if you've made yours yet..? I'm sure he'd cut you out a set.

I'm not Ben but I look forward to reading that thread.
Ah shoot my bad, saw the silver 60 and the location and though you were him. Hit me up if you want to go wheeling or wrench!

This winter it’s going to happen! Might step back up to 37s since I don’t have to drive 1000+ miles to hit a trail.. can’t decide. And fix my lockers, rebuild the 12ht, more boost, etc... never ends

Bump It Offroad is just down the road @mcguirejohnson - last I saw he was making some nice stuff for the 60s!

Bump It Offroad is just down the road @mcguirejohnson - last I saw he was making some nice stuff for the 60s!
I have a buddy with an 80 that’s decked out in BIO armor, really nice stuff. I’ll give him a call and see if he’d be down to do something custom which I think is my only option with the 80 frame.. What I should do is quit being lazy and make one myself but I’ve been saying that for 4 years or so now... lol

I have a buddy with an 80 that’s decked out in BIO armor, really nice stuff. I’ll give him a call and see if he’d be down to do something custom which I think is my only option with the 80 frame.. What I should do is quit being lazy and make one myself but I’ve been saying that for 4 years or so now... lol

Wow, I already forgot you have an 80 frame under there!
Regular 60 stuff won’t work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom